Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

You just spoke another truth here….since when did SC justices become politicians?

People have a right to protest, if you are a public figure it comes with the territory….what about all the anti abortion protesters that have bombed, killed and injured folks? It’s ok with you because they are on your side….right?
    Because we are talking politicians as a whole, including the SC. Nope, not at all. Loons the same.

There are kids that live near them, families that had nothing to do with it. Her parents didn't vote to overturn R v Wade. The last thing that doesn't need to happen is some crazy person showing up when kids are around. Like I said, I'm not fans of them, they're very stuck up people but they didn't cast that vote and she hasn't live there for decades. A nearby cousin had mentioned threats but I haven't seen any suspicious people around yet.

BS, would you like to wager that her parents didn’t foster and raise her too have such backwards views on things like this? It’s straight out of the Christian religious wacko playbook (in this case Catholic)….while I don’t condone violence or the like, actions have consequences….how about thinking about the thousands upon thousands of women whose health has been put at risk because of this? Again, I have little sympathy for folks like this….

We are implementing it right now.

No we're not.

Look how wonderfully strong and robust our economy is. It is truly magical. Meanwhile, in Europe, you have the bureaucrats telling the average farmer that they should just go away and stop farming all for the sake of environmentalism by the administration there and other countries are soon and are joining. Some loon in Europe just said that meat, milk and eggs are a luxury and all livestock farms need to stop immediately. You know, except those that rely solely on those to live. Environmentalism is a religion for the pampered and privledged (Western Civ).
    Why not spend the money and make DC 100% green. Everything. Implement the full green policy (that we as citizens voted down). Full green grid, all buildings and heat and air are powered by whatever the experts say is the best option. I would be ok spending our tax money that experiment (also, no guns. Capital police and secret service are armed with a crisis councilor and pepper spray). Also, no meat, only that beyond meat spam stuff. It can be a like a real life epcot and a great experiment.

Jesus H. Christ ..... these are streams of thought generally go in a crazed manifesto.

You should stop snuffing petroleum, it's not good for you. Gazprom is not your savior.

And you are right, it was a decent compromise but the left was not happy with that. They never are.
    This is complete and utter evil gaslighting. The left didn’t change Roe, did they? And I use the word evil deliberately. You know it’s wrong but choose to do it. You are deliberately assigning blame for something you support to other people. What ever happened to your precious personal responsibility? I’ll tell you what - it applies to other people but it never seems to apply to you.

BS, would you like to wager that her parents didn’t foster and raise her too have such backwards views on things like this? It’s straight out of the Christian religious wacko playbook (in this case Catholic)….while I don’t condone violence or the like, actions have consequences….how about thinking about the thousands upon thousands of women whose health has been put at risk because of this? Again, I have little sympathy for folks like this….
    I will only say this. I've been Catholic all of my life; spent a year in the seminary. My understanding of the Bible and teachings are far different from ACB and the drivel we see come from the likes of the Catholic League and the USCCB. I, too, am personally against abortion. However, scripture and teachings have always said that God's greatest gift to man after life itself (and life after death) is free will, the ability to make our own decisions in life. As Catholics (and Christians), we are called to evangelize (Go and make disciples of all nations). We are not to force our will on others. We teach, evangelize, and let them make their choice. They will have to answer to God, Yahweh, Allah, or whatever entity they worship. We've done our job.

So, yeah. The Dominican nuns who taught ACB (I've had one or two as well) used the wacko playbook.

Last edited:
    This is complete and utter evil gaslighting. The left didn’t change Roe, did they? And I use the word evil deliberately. You know it’s wrong but choose to do it. You are deliberately assigning blame for something you support to other people. What ever happened to your precious personal responsibility? I’ll tell you what - it applies to other people but it never seems to apply to you.
    It has occurred to me that it’s very telling that this (blaming the repeal of Roe on the left) idiotic bit of gaslighting has become a right wing talking point lately. If they didn’t realize that they had awakened the vast majority of people in this country to what they are and what they intend to do - they would be proud of what they have done. But they know they have stepped in it, and they are looking for others to blame. Consistent with their usual BS.

As is the denial that they want to outlaw same sex marriage. They do want to do that, and a lot more. Contraception is next. They lie at every turn. Oh, we just want each state to decide - until they can and then they try to figure out how they can deny women from traveling to other states, or how they can pull off a national ban.

Anti-abortionists will never be happy - they will always want more control over peoples‘ lives. And they talk about the “oppression” of abortion. Yeah letting women and doctors make medical decisions on their own is just the epitome of oppression. The gaslighting is toxic, wrong, anti-American and anti-Christian when you get right down to it.

Free will. Only one side of this debate believes in it. The other side wants to control people and force them to follow religious edicts.

Yes, there always have been right to lifers, just like there have always been right to abort. What do you think changed recently, if by the DNC stats, the vast majority of the voters were fine with Roe? The push from the alt-left to celebrate and destigmatize the act.
    Um, what changed was that the Supreme Court became 6-3 conservative. Then SCOTUS immediately disposed of Roe, which the GOP has wanted to do since Roe was decided. Not "in response to some push from the alt left." For a half century they've been at this.

The same sex marriage thingy you all are doing now is just a boogeyman and as expected, it is now parroted as fact. Tried and true practice of the left.
    Dems tried to codify same-sex marriage into law in response to Justice Thomas gratuitously expressing his disdain for Obergefell, and most Republicans voted against it. This was like last week. Those are the facts, and from them, I concluded that the GOP in general does not support same-sex marriage. I am not sure what other conclusion there is to draw.

I can’t decide which of farb’s comments were more sad-

That it gets all up in his feels when someone protests. And that he may or may not be aware he just said he would have been on the side of the British since he thinks anyone who protests is a loon.

Or that it is the federal government’s (circa 1870 no less) fault that toothless red necks suck at society.

Where is @SystemShock with his trophy? Farb deserves one for sure!

You remembered... :love:

I will only say this. I've been Catholic all of my life; spent a year in the seminary. My understanding of the Bible and teachings are far different from ACB and the drivel we see come from the likes of the Catholic League and the USCCB. I, too, am personally against abortion. However, scripture and teachings have always said that God's greatest gift to man after life itself (and life after death) is free will, the ability to make our own decisions in life. As Catholics (and Christians), we are called to evangelize (Go and make disciples of all nations). We are not to force our will on others. We teach, evangelize, and let them make their choice. They will have to answer to God, Yahweh, Alla, or whatever entity they worship. We've done our job.

So, yeah. The Dominican nuns who taught ACB (I've had one of two as well) used the wacko playbook.

Let me start by saying I’m not a fan of organized religion, I believe it does more harm than good, I also believe the Bible is a fairy tale….I also believe the Catholic Church is complicit in covering up and actually supporting pedos for a long time…..that said, like anything else there are rational/reasonable folks who practice Catholicism and other Christian religions (my wife and her entire family are Catholic), I do understand and appreciate that but why is it that the wackos always seem to drown them out…

I've been a proponent of this for a while now. We don't need out of touch 70+ year old judges making decisions that will affect people for decades after they are long dead. This bill will never make it past the senate

If confirmed by the Senate, those individuals would serve a maximum 18 years on the bench. After their tenures are complete, the Supreme Court justices would retire from active service and assume senior status.

Works for me. I'd support SCOTUS term limits.

I will only say this. I've been Catholic all of my life; spent a year in the seminary. My understanding of the Bible and teachings are far different from ACB and the drivel we see come from the likes of the Catholic League and the USCCB. I, too, am personally against abortion. However, scripture and teachings have always said that God's greatest gift to man after life itself (and life after death) is free will, the ability to make our own decisions in life. As Catholics (and Christians), we are called to evangelize (Go and make disciples of all nations). We are not to force our will on others. We teach, evangelize, and let them make their choice. They will have to answer to God, Yahweh, Allah, or whatever entity they worship. We've done our job.

So, yeah. The Dominican nuns who taught ACB (I've had one or two as well) used the wacko playbook.
    Well said. Thank you.

A 12-year-old gave passionate testimony on Wednesday at the West Virginia legislature, opposing a new abortion ban that would outlaw the procedure in all but the most extreme cases.

“I play for varsity volleyball and I run track. My education is very important to me, and I plan on doing great things in life,” Addison Gardner of Buffalo Middle School told lawmakers during a special session.

“If a man decides that I’m an object, and does unspeakable, tragic things to me, am I, a child, supposed to carry and birth another child?”

“Am I to put my body through the physical trauma of pregnancy? Am I to suffer the mental implications, a child who had no say in what was being done with my body?” she added.

“Some here say they are pro-life. What about my life? Does my life not matter to you?”……

A 12-year-old gave passionate testimony on Wednesday at the West Virginia legislature, opposing a new abortion ban that would outlaw the procedure in all but the most extreme cases.

“I play for varsity volleyball and I run track. My education is very important to me, and I plan on doing great things in life,” Addison Gardner of Buffalo Middle School told lawmakers during a special session.

“If a man decides that I’m an object, and does unspeakable, tragic things to me, am I, a child, supposed to carry and birth another child?”

“Am I to put my body through the physical trauma of pregnancy? Am I to suffer the mental implications, a child who had no say in what was being done with my body?” she added.

“Some here say they are pro-life. What about my life? Does my life not matter to you?”……

This is what is glaringly obvious about the whole issue - no, sweet child, they do not care about your life. They do not care whether you live or die. They do not care about abused women who are in a living nightmare. They just do not care.

Fair point, but I disagree to an extent. I think we are called to be active, not just say our stance and walk away and let God sort it out. We are called to be a difference and to be different and the guide stone is the 10 commandments, There is pretty significant one with the 'thou shall not kill'. If a society spends my taxes on subsiding abortion, what is the plan then, to just shrug and allow my personal resources to aid in that?

On a somewhat different note, what is your view with Pelosi and Biden receiving communion?

Um, what changed was that the Supreme Court became 6-3 conservative. Then SCOTUS immediately disposed of Roe, which the GOP has wanted to do since Roe was decided. Not "in response to some push from the alt left." For a half century they've been at this.

Dems tried to codify same-sex marriage into law in response to Justice Thomas gratuitously expressing his disdain for Obergefell, and most Republicans voted against it. This was like last week. Those are the facts, and from them, I concluded that the GOP in general does not support same-sex marriage. I am not sure what other conclusion there is to draw.
    The vote last week was a symbolic virtue signal. Same with interracial marriages. No one is coming after those things, just another left conspiracy theory. What was actually up to vote was if the federal government has the right to define marriage across all 50 states. It should not. Same sex marriage is not going anywhere and it should not.

I disagree, I think the public sentiment has changed over the last 10 years or so. No one cares but not everyone wants it shoved in their face all the time and called names if they prefer not to wear a particular virtue signaling jersey or show the proper allegiance to the new woke tenant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom