Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

The Supreme Court ruled that it was fine for forced birth nuts to protest at doctors’ homes. As long as people are on public property it is protected. Do you have a problem with it?
    I do. Anyone that protests in general is a loon but to go to someone's house, bother families or cause a scene in public is a child.

Nobody with a brain thinks that, and there isn’t a scintilla of proof. However, there are some circumstantial indications it came from the radical right wing -

If that was his plan, then he is an idiot, as I have maintained several times. Whoever leaked it should be prosecuted and serve jail time. Not enough of these politicians and bureaucrats ever serve jail time. I think that might help with bi patrician view of corruption.

So "just" is misleading, but it happened
    ===========================

..........According to the North Carolina General Assembly, the bill was introduced in February 2021 by Reps. Larry Pittman and Mark Brody.

The bill seeks to amend the state constitution to recognize life as an individual person “from the moment of fertilization until the moment of natural death.” A person who destroys said life, the bill says, will be accountable for first-degree murder. As a result, any person responsible for the “willful destruction” of “persons, born or unborn,” will have committed a crime punishable by death.

North Carolina punishes first-degree murder, according to the North Carolina-based Olsinski Law Firm, with life in prison or the death penalty.......

Comparable economies, I think I know I pick the GOP. Right now the DNC is killing it.

The DNC overall unquestionable belief in the green agenda is seeing back lash all over the world especially Europe. That will not be far from here as well. Their zeal for green engery is negatively affecting actual voters, so that is why you are seeing the shift away from the liberal policies. Also why you see everyone losing faith in their governments especially here in the US
    https://reason.com/2022/07/25/most-...d-say-armed-revolution-may-be-necessary-soon/
    Very liberal had a big jump as well in that feeling.

I personally think education and the current economy are going to be the key points in November and 2024. Those don't look good for the left.

I will never understand proselytizing for big oil and corporate Republicans. As if the extreme climate change we experiencing world wide isn't happening, isn't the result of man made emissions and those 2 entities haven't spent the last 50 years lying to you and trying to convince you otherwise.

But yeah, let's attack green energy policy and act as if we weren't much further along with implementing green energy policy, both our economy and climate wouldn't be in a better state.

You asked for proof, so mistakenly I offered it. Now I should have asked what proof do you want so you can believe what you actually see. Dems celebrate abortion. It rubbed enough people the wrong way enough where they cared enough to voice an opinion. Chances are that opinion got them called a lot of bad words and they took that suddenly became anti-abortion.
    The left can never leave well-enough alone. It has to have not acceptance as first stated but it now demands to be celebrated as brave and heoric. And we wonder why people are starting to get tired of it, because they are.
    There was a reason Trump was elected but you guys still have not accepted it and are still doubling down.

I will save you the trouble....all above was B freaking Crap.
    Since when does a single comedian speak for everyone in the Democratic Party? That isn’t any proof at all of any sort of widespread opinion among Democrats. You’re not even being the least bit reasonable which is why you get called out. Then you get all defensive and play the victim.

You seem to think this trend by Republicans with abortion bills will work out well for them - but I think it will not. I think they are catering to religious extremists, and they have awakened the majority of people in this country (around 70% IIRC) that liked Roe. That felt it was a pretty good compromise between the rights of women and rights of viable fetuses. Which it was.

Add to that the opposition to same-sex marriage (another minority view held by religious extremists) and I don’t think this will work out for Republicans, at all.

Comparable economies, I think I know I pick the GOP. Right now the DNC is killing it.

The DNC overall unquestionable belief in the green agenda is seeing back lash all over the world especially Europe. That will not be far from here as well. Their zeal for green engery is negatively affecting actual voters, so that is why you are seeing the shift away from the liberal policies. Also why you see everyone losing faith in their governments especially here in the US
    https://reason.com/2022/07/25/most-...d-say-armed-revolution-may-be-necessary-soon/
    Very liberal had a big jump as well in that feeling.

I personally think education and the current economy are going to be the key points in November and 2024. Those don't look good for the left.
    This isn't remotely responsive to our discussion. My point was that the GOP's position on abortion has nothing to do with backlash to the left, but rather with its broader strategy to secure the non-wealthy white religious vote despite otherwise having policies that harm them economically. You asked me for specific examples of how the GOP's policies are harmful to its voters, and I gave you several.

You're trying to establish a narrative that these draconian abortion laws GOP-led states are passing are the inevitable pendulum response to the left moving further left, but you have no evidence of that, and the fact that the GOP has been doing this for 50 years undermines that argument. Throwing out other buzz words like "green agenda" in furtherance of that general narrative will not work here.

The GOP's position on abortion, and now its opposition to same-sex marriage, is unlike other developed nations. The status quo under Roe was not extreme when compared to the rest of the world, but rather was fairly down-the-middle. The suggestion that Roe was overturned because Dems were too extreme is objectively absurd.

You don't find it odd that you have to relate the value of human to religious fundamentalism? But ok, I won't fight you on that.
    I guess that's not a dispute that the pro life movement is, in fact, driven by religious fudamentalism.

If I were to guess, it would be the adoption of the 'total war' ethos by the federal government at the end of the civil war?
    But for you I would imagine because of religious fundamentalisms, right?
    So the federal government is to blame for Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama being backwards? Stemming all the way back to the 1860's? And despite your core belief in Federalism and that those states have had overwhelmingly conservative legislatures for the last few decades you're still going to find a way to absolve their responsibility/ineffectiveness?

Maybe the ultra-conservatives that run these states just suck at governance? What you continually fail to admit is the GOP is just as bad as the Democrats when it comes to pandering on social issues... probably because you prefer the social issues the GOP panders to...

A month out from the Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade, Ohio Democrats are doing their best to keep abortion on voters’ minds. The Ohio Legislative Black Caucus is criticizing Republican U.S. Senate nominee J.D. Vance over comments likening the impact of slavery to that of abortion.

In an interview with the Catholic Current last year, Vance emphasized the societal impact of abortion in describing his opposition to the procedure.

“There’s something comparable between abortion and slavery,” Vance said, “and that while the people who obviously suffer the most are those subjected to it, I think it has this morally distorting effect on the entire society.”

He went on to invoke Abraham Lincoln’s “I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master,” and opine that many people now see children as “inconveniences to be discarded instead of blessings to cherish.”

State Rep. Terrence Upchurch, D-Cleveland, called Vance’s comments “dangerous” and “out of bounds.”

“J.D. Vance’s disgusting views on abortion are an outrage and Ohioans are taking note,” he said.

Upchurch argued Vance owes Ohioans an apology. But Rep. Catherine Ingram, D-Cincinnati, doesn’t want to hear it.

“I don’t want his apology as a Black female here in the state of Ohio,” she said. “Looking at Black maternal health issues that we have, and how desperate the health care is, how desperate our housing is, and then you have the audacity to take away a decision that women can make for themselves?”

“How dare you insult Black women?” she added.

Vance’s campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

Rep. Juanita Brent, D-Cleveland, who heads up the OLBC didn’t mince words about Vance’s comments.

“What J.D. Vance is doing comparing abortion to slavery is rooted in racism,” she insisted.............

I've been a proponent of this for a while now. We don't need out of touch 70+ year old judges making decisions that will affect people for decades after they are long dead. This bill will never make it past the senate

If confirmed by the Senate, those individuals would serve a maximum 18 years on the bench. After their tenures are complete, the Supreme Court justices would retire from active service and assume senior status.

I can’t decide which of farb’s comments were more sad-

That it gets all up in his feels when someone protests. And that he may or may not be aware he just said he would have been on the side of the British since he thinks anyone who protests is a loon.

Or that it is the federal government’s (circa 1870 no less) fault that toothless red necks suck at society.

Where is @SystemShock with his trophy? Farb deserves one for sure!

I've been a proponent of this for a while now. We don't need out of touch 70+ year old judges making decisions that will affect people for decades after they are long dead. This bill will never make it past the senate

If confirmed by the Senate, those individuals would serve a maximum 18 years on the bench. After their tenures are complete, the Supreme Court justices would retire from active service and assume senior status.
    If someone knows someone who knows someone who knows someone that could perhaps possibly take Burr and Tillis on a permanent ride to nowhere, I'm sure Gov. Cooper could oblige with some decent senators who would be willing to do away with said filibuster to... you know.

As a Louisianian, I wouldn't trust JBE to do the right thing. :hihi:

Well, when you are part of a radical SC that continuously decides against the will of 65-70% of the people, I think you should expect some unhappy folks….reap what you sow..I have zero sympathy for any of them TBH, because they have zero sympathy for anyone who doesn’t believe their radical religious BS…..

There are kids that live near them, families that had nothing to do with it. Her parents didn't vote to overturn R v Wade. The last thing that doesn't need to happen is some crazy person showing up when kids are around. Like I said, I'm not fans of them, they're very stuck up people but they didn't cast that vote and she hasn't live there for decades. A nearby cousin had mentioned threats but I haven't seen any suspicious people around yet.

I will never understand proselytizing for big oil and corporate Republicans. As if the extreme climate change we experiencing world wide isn't happening, isn't the result of man made emissions and those 2 entities haven't spent the last 50 years lying to you and trying to convince you otherwise.

But yeah, let's attack green energy policy and act as if we weren't much further along with implementing green energy policy, both our economy and climate wouldn't be in a better state.
    We are implementing it right now. Look how wonderfully strong and robust our economy is. It is truly magical. Meanwhile, in Europe, you have the bureaucrats telling the average farmer that they should just go away and stop farming all for the sake of environmentalism by the administration there and other countries are soon and are joining. Some loon in Europe just said that meat, milk and eggs are a luxury and all livestock farms need to stop immediately. You know, except those that rely solely on those to live. Environmentalism is a religion for the pampered and privledged (Western Civ).
    Why not spend the money and make DC 100% green. Everything. Implement the full green policy (that we as citizens voted down). Full green grid, all buildings and heat and air are powered by whatever the experts say is the best option. I would be ok spending our tax money that experiment (also, no guns. Capital police and secret service are armed with a crisis councilor and pepper spray). Also, no meat, only that beyond meat spam stuff. It can be a like a real life epcot and a great experiment.

Since when does a single comedian speak for everyone in the Democratic Party? That isn’t any proof at all of any sort of widespread opinion among Democrats. You’re not even being the least bit reasonable which is why you get called out. Then you get all defensive and play the victim.

You seem to think this trend by Republicans with abortion bills will work out well for them - but I think it will not. I think they are catering to religious extremists, and they have awakened the majority of people in this country (around 70% IIRC) that liked Roe. That felt it was a pretty good compromise between the rights of women and rights of viable fetuses. Which it was.

Add to that the opposition to same-sex marriage (another minority view held by religious extremists) and I don’t think this will work out for Republicans, at all.
    I think you guys have made up the entire same sex marriage thing, but not unexpected from the party that predicts death and devastation from every bill they don't care for.

We disagree on that. I think it will have a negative effect on voters of the DNC. We shall see though.

And you are right, it was a decent compromise but the left was not happy with that. They never are.

So you are fine with protesting at politicians homes and out in public (restaurants and the like)?

You just spoke another truth here….since when did SC justices become politicians?

People have a right to protest, if you are a public figure it comes with the territory….what about all the anti abortion protesters that have bombed, killed and injured folks? It’s ok with you because they are on your side….right?

This isn't remotely responsive to our discussion. My point was that the GOP's position on abortion has nothing to do with backlash to the left, but rather with its broader strategy to secure the non-wealthy white religious vote despite otherwise having policies that harm them economically. You asked me for specific examples of how the GOP's policies are harmful to its voters, and I gave you several.

You're trying to establish a narrative that these draconian abortion laws GOP-led states are passing are the inevitable pendulum response to the left moving further left, but you have no evidence of that, and the fact that the GOP has been doing this for 50 years undermines that argument. Throwing out other buzz words like "green agenda" in furtherance of that general narrative will not work here.

The GOP's position on abortion, and now its opposition to same-sex marriage, is unlike other developed nations. The status quo under Roe was not extreme when compared to the rest of the world, but rather was fairly down-the-middle. The suggestion that Roe was overturned because Dems were too extreme is objectively absurd.
    Yes, there always have been right to lifers, just like there have always been right to abort. What do you think changed recently, if by the DNC stats, the vast majority of the voters were fine with Roe? The push from the alt-left to celebrate and destigmatize the act. That was the never ending push. It backfired because the left just could not be happy with a compromise, they need affirmation at all times.

Do you know where I can sign back up for the harmful GOP economic policies because the DNC policies that we are currently slugging through is not working too well for me or any other middle class that lives in a fly over state or really world wide.
    The same sex marriage thingy you all are doing now is just a boogeyman and as expected, it is now parroted as fact. Tried and true practice of the left.

I guess that's not a dispute that the pro life movement is, in fact, driven by religious fudamentalism.

So the federal government is to blame for Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama being backwards? Stemming all the way back to the 1860's? And despite your core belief in Federalism and that those states have had overwhelmingly conservative legislatures for the last few decades you're still going to find a way to absolve their responsibility/ineffectiveness?

Maybe the ultra-conservatives that run these states just suck at governance? What you continually fail to admit is the GOP is just as bad as the Democrats when it comes to pandering on social issues... probably because you prefer the social issues the GOP panders to...
    all of that, but you still believe in systemic racism from 1860? Why can we have one and not the other? Because of the color of peoples skin?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom