Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

they did the right thing

This year's event's selected keynote speaker was Dr Kristin Collier, an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Michigan (UM) known to hold strong anti-abortion beliefs.

Collier —who's also director of the UM Medical School Program on Health Spirituality & Religion— has shared several posts expressing an anti-abortion stance on social media, including messages on Twitter in which she claimed her way of being a feminist involved fighting for her "prenatal sisters" who have been subjected to what she claims is "the violence in the act of abortion."

"Holding on to a view of feminism where one fights for the rights of all women and girls, especially those who are most vulnerable. I can't not lament the violence directed at my prenatal sisters in the act of abortion, done in the name of autonomy," she wrote on May 2022, later comparing abortion to "oppression."

According to an interview with Catholic news site The Pillar published on June 24, Collier started off her career as a pro-abortion rights atheist only to later become the "committed Christian and avowedly pro-life" activist she is now.

“Holding on to a view of feminism where one fights for the rights of all women and girls, especially those who are most vulnerable. I can't not lament the violence directed at my prenatal sisters in the act of abortion, done in the name of autonomy," she wrote on May 2022, later comparing abortion to "oppression."

If people were being forced to have abortions, she would have some sort of point. But in reality she’s just another gaslighting liar.

Last edited:
    Shortly after the Supreme Court ruling that overturned the right to abortion in June, South Carolina state senators introduced legislation that would make it illegal to “aid, abet or conspire with someone” to obtain an abortion.

The bill aims to block more than abortion: Provisions would outlaw providing information over the internet or phone about how to obtain an abortion. It would also make it illegal to host a website or “[provide] an internet service” with information that is “reasonably likely to be used for an abortion” and directed at pregnant people in the state.

Legal scholars say the proposal is likely a harbinger of other state measures, which may restrict communication and speech as they seek to curtail abortion. The June proposal, S. 1373, is modeled off a blueprint created by the National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), an antiabortion group, and designed to be replicated by lawmakers across the country.

As the fall of Roe v. Wade triggers a flood of new legislation, an adjacent battleground is emerging over the future of internet freedoms and privacy in states across the country — one, experts say, that could have a chilling impact on First Amendment-protected speech.

“These are not going to be one-offs,” said Michele Goodwin, the director of the Center for Biotechnology and Global Health Policy at the University of California at Irvine Law School. “These are going to be laws that spread like wildfire through states that have shown hostility to abortion.”

Goodwin called the South Carolina bill “unconstitutional.” But she warned it’s unclear how courts might respond after “turning a blind eye” to antiabortion laws even before the Supreme Court overturned Roe...........

If you guys stuck with the 'safe, legal and rare' every state would still have abortion. As usual the left keep pushing for abortion up until birth and maybe beyond. That forced a counter action. You all have no one to blame than yourselves.

Now, every state can decide what it wants to allow in their borders (are borders still bad?) exactly how a republic is designed to work.
    The cooperate masters will still pay for abortion travel for those in abortion free states. After all, abortions are much cheaper for he company in the long run verses having a female on maternity leave and soon to be fathers on leave as well.
    Everything in your post is laughable and untrue.

Last edited:
    Cop cars continue to sit out at Amy Coney Barrets parents house since the ruling. Hate her for the way she ruled but leave her parents out of it. JPSO has been watching their house like bees stuck to honey, thats not right. I never liked her family, I grew up in the neighborhood but leave her parents out of it.

Cop cars continue to sit out at Amy Coney Barrets parents house since the ruling. Hate her for the way she ruled but leave her parents out of it. JPSO has been watching their house like bees stuck to honey, thats not right. I never liked her family, I grew up in the neighborhood but leave her parents out of it.

Nothing is sacred these days and all it takes is one guy with a gun, which is easier to get than baby formula. This is the America that conservatives have created. They are living in the same society we all are having to deal with, the only difference is they are reaping what they have sown and we all are just having to live with the consequences of their power lust.

Well, when you are part of a radical SC that continuously decides against the will of 65-70% of the people, I think you should expect some unhappy folks….reap what you sow..I have zero sympathy for any of them TBH, because they have zero sympathy for anyone who doesn’t believe their radical religious BS…..

Here is my question: was there a threat? Or are they there at the family’s request?

i ask because the right wing’s penchant for claiming victim hood has poisoned the well, as far as I am concerned. This especially applies to the more right wing religious zealots.

More complete BS. You’re just spewing hateful rhetoric that has been pushed to appeal to your emotions. And you want to punish women for daring to want to make their own decisions about their own bodies.
    It is not their bodies we care about. It is the innocent human life that is growing because the woman made a choice.

It is not their bodies we care about. It is the innocent human life that is growing because the woman made a choice.
    How many times to do we have to tell you that sometimes, the woman didn't make a choice? That the choice was forced upon her?

Again - no. There’s no basis for that conclusion. You clearly want this to be true, I guess you want to see it as some sort of retribution for behavior you supposedly have seen (which even if true is a tiny minority of people).

But you’re wrong, it didn’t happen that way. The pro-life movement was never satisfied or comfortable with abortion up until viability (Roe). Full stop.
    again, yes. If my stance is obviously so incorrect then it must be easy to prove it with some type of data, correct?
    You are correct. The pro-lifers were never comfortable or satisfied with abortion in any form. Just like the pro-choicers were never satisfied with abortion restrictions in any form (if they were, we would not be having this discussion). The strategy of celebrating abortion and making it paramount to a woman's happiness by the pro-abortionist, using federal money (taxes) to supplement the abortions industry backfired, big time. And yes, tax money was given to help fund the abortion industry, any other take is just lazy and intellectually dishonest.
    Suddenly, people that didn't really care about abortion (because they were safe, legal and rare, and quiet) now with it being thrown in their face, they decided that abortion is actually an evil institution and got them in the game. Like I said, over turn of Roe is a reaction because of the alt-left stance on the net-good of abortion. Hell, look on here for examples.

FULL. STOP!!!! Say it louder for those in back!! Checking my notes, we need to do the work! I am only educating you!!

Would they? You assume way too much that this would get GOP votes from the bible-thumpers or... at least... the politicians that pander to them. I doubt most elected GOP officials believe in it past the extent they know it gets them votes. The pro-life movement has always been about religious fundamentalism at its core.
    You don't find it odd that you have to relate the value of human to religious fundamentalism? But ok, I won't fight you on that.

Ever wonder why the deep South states are consistently in the bottom ten or so of most objective metrics of education and economic prosperity?
    If I were to guess, it would be the adoption of the 'total war' ethos by the federal government at the end of the civil war?
    But for you I would imagine because of religious fundamentalisms, right?

Well, when you are part of a radical SC that continuously decides against the will of 65-70% of the people, I think you should expect some unhappy folks….reap what you sow..I have zero sympathy for any of them TBH, because they have zero sympathy for anyone who doesn’t believe their radical religious BS…..
    Does that not constitute harassment? You would be ok with right wing activists outside of Pelosi's house? Remember, what the left deems appropriate and the then the right start playing the game too, it gets bad.

Here is my question: was there a threat? Or are they there at the family’s request?

i ask because the right wing’s penchant for claiming victim hood has poisoned the well, as far as I am concerned. This especially applies to the more right wing religious zealots.
    Can you give an example of the right claiming victimhood?

I hope they get to the bottom of the leak of the draft, I don't think it would be someone that most of the conservatives would suspect.

My money would be on Ms. Clarence Thomas.

The draft leaking ensured that the it would be the final decision, as no justice would change their mind after that was made public.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom