Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

If you guys stuck with the 'safe, legal and rare' every state would still have abortion. As usual the left keep pushing for abortion up until birth and maybe beyond. That forced a counter action. You all have no one to blame than yourselves.

The GOP has been after Roe for 50 years because they learned long ago that an aggressive anti-abortion stance galvanizes the mostly-white religious vote, which helps offset the fact that the GOP's economic policies are harmful to the vast majority of their voters. They do the same thing with immigration, transphobia, anti-gay propaganda, etc.

The narrative that all of this is because of the "left going further left," or that this was some sort of forced counter action, is tired. It is a deflection from the fact that the GOP's politics on social issues like abortion (and apparently now equal protections for things like gay marriage) align with the laws of the most regressive nations on earth.

"We wouldn't be so extreme if you hadn't been so extreme" is a lie, but even if it were true, it would not justify passing archaic and harmful laws.

The GOP has been after Roe for 50 years because they learned long ago that an aggressive anti-abortion stance galvanizes the mostly-white religious vote, which helps offset the fact that the GOP's economic policies are harmful to the vast majority of their voters. They do the same thing with immigration, transphobia, anti-gay propaganda, etc.

The narrative that all of this is because of the "left going further left," or that this was some sort of forced counter action, is tired. It is a deflection from the fact that the GOP's politics on social issues like abortion (and apparently now equal protections for things like gay marriage) align with the laws of the most regressive nations on earth.

"We wouldn't be so extreme if you hadn't been so extreme" is a lie, but even if it were true, it would not justify passing archaic and harmful laws.
    Can you explain how the GOP economic policies are harmful to the vast majority and can you compare those to the one in place currently by this administration? But let me guess, this is all because the brain trust inherited all these problem from the previous administration, just like Obama, correct?

Why must the federal government dictate the law in each state, despite how the those that live in that state stand? That is the point the pro-abortion people must answer. That is all the SC stated, it was up to the states as the constitution laid out.

If abortion is so popular, do you think it will help the Dems this november?

I hope they get to the bottom of the leak of the draft, I don't think it would be someone that most of the conservatives would suspect.

My money would be on Ms. Clarence Thomas.

The draft leaking ensured that the it would be the final decision, as no justice would change their mind after that was made public.
    Despite how much the left attempted to intimidate the judges. I thought they felt pretty confident it was a clerk for Sotomayor?

Despite how much the left attempted to intimidate the judges. I thought they felt pretty confident it was a clerk for Sotomayor?
    who is they?

and when did we start caring about feelings?

We should get a thorough investigation.

It is not their bodies we care about. It is the innocent human life that is growing because the woman made a choice.

That first line is the only thing you have said that is truthful…

Does that not constitute harassment? You would be ok with right wing activists outside of Pelosi's house? Remember, what the left deems appropriate and the then the right start playing the game too, it gets bad.

Call me next time Pelosi leads the charge to take away woman’s rights, rights that have been established as settled law for over 50 years….

Sadly we'll be hearing more similar stories. Then you'll see (R) tossing out a "thoughts and prayers" - like how they do every time a kid gets murdered by a gunman. They're just pro birth, they don't give a shirt what happens afterwards

Munoz said he faced an awful predicament with a recent patient who had started to miscarry and developed a dangerous womb infection. The fetus still had signs of a heartbeat, so an immediate abortion — the usual standard of care — would have been illegal under Texas law.

“We physically watched her get sicker and sicker and sicker” until the fetal heartbeat stopped the next day, “and then we could intervene,” he said. The patient developed complications, required surgery, lost multiple liters of blood and had to be put on a breathing machine “all because we were essentially 24 hours behind.’’

Can you explain how the GOP economic policies are harmful to the vast majority and can you compare those to the one in place currently by this administration?
    I can.

For example, the GOP tax bill-- the only major legislation the GOP has passed under Trump -- gave trillions of tax benefits to the wealthy, shifting the burden to everyone else:

The democrats opposed the GOP tax cuts because, well, obviously.

Under Trump, the GOP tried to repeal the ACA, which would've cost 21M people their health insurance. The current administration, by contrast, opposes repeal of ACA, and favors expanding its coverage.

The GOP generally supports the Supreme Court's gutting of EPA's ability to regulate things that harm the environment, etc., in favor of businesses. And on and on.

It is hard to identify a GOP economic "policy" that isn't beneficial to wealthy people and big business, and harmful to middle and lower class.

If you understand the GOP's position on social issues as being vehicles to galvanize non-wealthy white people to vote for them despite the GOP's economic policies being harmful to them across the board, then you understand the GOP.

If abortion is so popular, do you think it will help the Dems this november?

I am admittedly awful at predicting how certain issues will drive voters. And I didn't argue abortion is "so popular" as that wasn't really my point. But, I do think Roe was modestly popular (maybe ~65% support?), and my best guess is that it helps some, but at this point it seems highly unlikely to be enough to hold the House. Maybe it could sway some critical Senate seats, but who knows.

again, yes. If my stance is obviously so incorrect then it must be easy to prove it with some type of data, correct?
    You are correct. The pro-lifers were never comfortable or satisfied with abortion in any form. Just like the pro-choicers were never satisfied with abortion restrictions in any form (if they were, we would not be having this discussion). The strategy of celebrating abortion and making it paramount to a woman's happiness by the pro-abortionist, using federal money (taxes) to supplement the abortions industry backfired, big time. And yes, tax money was given to help fund the abortion industry, any other take is just lazy and intellectually dishonest.
    Suddenly, people that didn't really care about abortion (because they were safe, legal and rare, and quiet) now with it being thrown in their face, they decided that abortion is actually an evil institution and got them in the game. Like I said, over turn of Roe is a reaction because of the alt-left stance on the net-good of abortion. Hell, look on here for examples.

FULL. STOP!!!! Say it louder for those in back!! Checking my notes, we need to do the work! I am only educating you!!
    More forking B.S.

Nobody with a brain thinks that, and there isn’t a scintilla of proof. However, there are some circumstantial indications it came from the radical right wing -

It is not their bodies we care about.

That has always been clear.

It is the innocent human life that is growing because the woman made a choice.

Which wouldn't even exist if the woman did care about her own body. But yeah, you're in the best position to make decisions/choices for a pregnant woman and/or the fetus inside her.

That first line is the only thing you have said that is truthful…

Call me next time Pelosi leads the charge to take away woman’s rights, rights that have been established as settled law for over 50 years….
    So you are fine with protesting at politicians homes and out in public (restaurants and the like)?

So you are fine with protesting at politicians homes and out in public (restaurants and the like)?
    The Supreme Court ruled that it was fine for forced birth nuts to protest at doctors’ homes. As long as people are on public property it is protected. Do you have a problem with it?

I can.

For example, the GOP tax bill-- the only major legislation the GOP has passed under Trump -- gave trillions of tax benefits to the wealthy, shifting the burden to everyone else:

The democrats opposed the GOP tax cuts because, well, obviously.

Under Trump, the GOP tried to repeal the ACA, which would've cost 21M people their health insurance. The current administration, by contrast, opposes repeal of ACA, and favors expanding its coverage.

The GOP generally supports the Supreme Court's gutting of EPA's ability to regulate things that harm the environment, etc., in favor of businesses. And on and on.

It is hard to identify a GOP economic "policy" that isn't beneficial to wealthy people and big business, and harmful to middle and lower class.

If you understand the GOP's position on social issues as being vehicles to galvanize non-wealthy white people to vote for them despite the GOP's economic policies being harmful to them across the board, then you understand the GOP.

I am admittedly awful at predicting how certain issues will drive voters. And I didn't argue abortion is "so popular" as that wasn't really my point. But, I do think Roe was modestly popular (maybe ~65% support?), and my best guess is that it helps some, but at this point it seems highly unlikely to be enough to hold the House. Maybe it could sway some critical Senate seats, but who knows.
    Comparable economies, I think I know I pick the GOP. Right now the DNC is killing it.

The DNC overall unquestionable belief in the green agenda is seeing back lash all over the world especially Europe. That will not be far from here as well. Their zeal for green engery is negatively affecting actual voters, so that is why you are seeing the shift away from the liberal policies. Also why you see everyone losing faith in their governments especially here in the US
    https://reason.com/2022/07/25/most-...d-say-armed-revolution-may-be-necessary-soon/
    Very liberal had a big jump as well in that feeling.

I personally think education and the current economy are going to be the key points in November and 2024. Those don't look good for the left.

This is so stupid - you are a complete moron if you don’t realize this is satire. She is a comedian, for craps’ sake.
    You asked for proof, so mistakenly I offered it. Now I should have asked what proof do you want so you can believe what you actually see. Dems celebrate abortion. It rubbed enough people the wrong way enough where they cared enough to voice an opinion. Chances are that opinion got them called a lot of bad words and they took that suddenly became anti-abortion.
    The left can never leave well-enough alone. It has to have not acceptance as first stated but it now demands to be celebrated as brave and heoric. And we wonder why people are starting to get tired of it, because they are.
    There was a reason Trump was elected but you guys still have not accepted it and are still doubling down.

I will save you the trouble....all above was B freaking Crap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom