/* */

Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

I don’t think you have shown anything about “left” DAs save 1. LOL about across the country.

Right, the answer to your question is irrelevant and the only answer is the very fact that we are debating.
    You are not responding to a question that I asked. We are not debating. What I and others are doing is simply taking your flawed statements, substituting something you are against and forcing you to see that others can see the failure of your logic (your hypocrisy).
    I think I have shown the left DA across the country are causing the rise in crime
    You most certainly have not. Your feelings don't matter here. Facts do. You are devoid of any discernable facts. All you have is how you feel.

replace cultural with gender. You can keep the 'minority' language as it applies as well.
    You still haven't defined "drag queen", much less gender/cultural/imaginarywhateverthefork appropriation.

One thing that will likely come out of Dobbs is that states with anti-abortion agendas will move to outlaw telemedicine for their residents. More than half of modern abortions are done by prescription pharmaceuticals - and so the states are likely just going to outlaw all telemedicine to make sure there are no gaps where residents can legally obtain abortion pills remotely.

And that's a damn shame because telemedicine has been an important development in making medical care easier and more accessible.

One thing that will likely come out of Dobbs is that states with anti-abortion agendas will move to outlaw telemedicine for their residents. More than half of modern abortions are done by prescription pharmaceuticals - and so the states are likely just going to outlaw all telemedicine to make sure there are no gaps where residents can legally obtain abortion pills remotely.

And that's a damn shame because telemedicine has been an important development in making medical care easier and more accessible.

Yeah, but that's in full keeping with the right wing agenda. The only way to turn us into a Christo-fascist state is to force us to regress technologically and socially as a country. The SC majority if fully on board with this and is the most powerful entity in our country pushing our regression.

Sadly, Robert's tried, but couldn't get any of the others to join him i his narrow opinion and avoid the slobbering frenzy the other's created.

The majority thinks this will finally end the question, but now what about states that don't allow it when the woman will or may likely die? You don't think that's the next salvo of lawsuits?

Maybe, but I doubt it. Physicians and nurse need to be licensed within the state(s) they work and that should include telemedicine services. All that will likely happen is they will stop writing scrips for M&M.

It will be the pharmacies where the main controls will be put in place.

Maybe a blue state will approve M&M for OTC use and fight the shipping to other states in court. Or pills will be shipped internationally and good luck fighting that battle.

Last edited:
    We have a fundamentally undemocractic Senate where D senators represent 40M more people yet the split is 50-50 resulting in a SC were 67% of the court just voted against Roe vs Wade that is generally supported by 66% of the people.

This is how minority rule destroys nations.

For those who said this wouldn't lead to other cans of worms

But not interracial marriages. I'm sure Thomas wouldn't revisit that right
    ==================================================

....The decision eliminates the standard set in Roe, which allowed abortion until about 24 weeks of pregnancy, otherwise known as viability, the point at which a fetus can survive outside the womb.

In a concurring opinion written by Thomas, the conservative justice wrote that the court should also reconsider other cases that fall under the Court's previous due process precedents.

"For that reason, in future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court's substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell," Thomas wrote.....

Well, it's interesting that several companies have already stated today that they will pay for transportation costs to go get an abortion in a neighboring state. So, who you work for will matter if this is important to you.

Also, I don't know how many people will do this, but I suspect we'll see people moving from one state to another over this also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom