/* */

Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

"These results indicate that fatalities due to mass shootings were lower during both the federal and state assault weapons ban periods."

"Mass-shooting related homicides in the United States were reduced during the years of the federal assault weapons ban of 1994 to 2004."

Total_Deaths_in_US_Mass_Shootings_1982-2021.jpg
    https://www.factcheck.org/2013/02/did-the-1994-assault-weapons-ban-work/

You can read it, not that long and I think does a good job of showing the use of the same data by both sides.
    So, unless someone is the bureaucracy shows me without a doubt that crime and gun violence will go away if I am unarmed then I will be armed.
    If you all want to change that, then the onus is on you to prove to me that my constitutional right is no longer needed by me. Your party seems to encourage crime and are actively against local law enforcement (except the capital police). That is going to be a very hard sell. Americans love guns. Guns are actually how and why we exist as a country. As heart breaking as that sounds to you, our country was founded on civilians having their own guns.

Dude this is a reach even for you.

I had to look up what BIID was since I had never heard of it.

For those who are reading this and have no clue what our fun Buddy Farb is talking about, Body Identity integrity Disorder is (emphasis is not mine but the author’s)-

“The term body integrity identity disorder (BIID) describes the extremely rare phenomenon of persons who desire the amputation of one or more healthy limbs or who desire a paralysis. Some of these persons mutilate themselves; others ask surgeons for an amputation or for the transection of their spinal cord.”

Holy shirt Farb.

I got nothing. That is either trolltastically hilarious or you have the most warped view of trans people I have ever heard
    Thanks? Not sure.
    But I will say, I don't see a big difference between the 2. We are talking self identity being the most important thing, right?

So trans affirming healthcare is experimental? Just so I am clear, injecting experimental drugs into girls who thinks they are boys during puberty and vice versa does not have the long term data to address all the possible known and unknown side effects?

No. Puberty blockers, like many medications, have potential side effects. These side effects are known and precautions are taken to ensure that those who take them continue to develop normally.

We went from it not happening to in schools at all, to occasionally happening in rare examples to it is backed by science and completely safe and reversible and maybe the parents don't need to know their kid is transitioning because they might be unbelievers to all the side effects be damn because they might commit suicide and only big pharma and big medical can save them. Your new religion is really growing, but your messages are so contradicting.

We went from what not happening in schools to all of this other bullshirt? What was not happening in schools?

The difference is child prostitution and selling of children is a crime and no amount of consent would make it legal. Getting a boob job or sex change isn't a crime. They require consent but are not criminalized. The conflating between these things is a false equivalence. So no, it's not odd at all. Oh, and 12 year olds aren't allowed to be strippers either. It's a silly take.

And it's funny that so many Republicans yell freedom and independence, yet want to control how people choose to live. That to me is the odd dichotomy.
    I agree, it is silly. Let me ask you, if a 12 year old wants to be a stripper, why is it illegal? There are plenty of places where nudity are not allowed in strip clubs. Why do we draw the line here but not a child wanting to be another sex? Why is that protected and celebrated as a good thing? Why do is it ok for a kid to appropriate a woman and dance sexually in front of adults and other kids but not to work in a non nude strip club? Explain the difference to me?

The hypocrisy is the point.
    "I can make you do what I want while I also do what I want. Because I'm a greedy toddler and that's how we roll."
    What is the difference between a child drag queen and child a stripper? Both are non-nude in a lot of places. What is the thing that makes one illegal and one celebrated? Since we are discussing hypocrisy in bumper sticker terms.

https://www.factcheck.org/2013/02/did-the-1994-assault-weapons-ban-work/

You can read it, not that long and I think does a good job of showing the use of the same data by both sides.
    So, unless someone is the bureaucracy shows me without a doubt that crime and gun violence will go away if I am unarmed then I will be armed.
    If you all want to change that, then the onus is on you to prove to me that my constitutional right is no longer needed by me. Your party seems to encourage crime and are actively against local law enforcement (except the capital police). That is going to be a very hard sell. Americans love guns. Guns are actually how and why we exist as a country. As heart breaking as that sounds to you, our country was founded on civilians having their own guns.

This was a reasonable post up until you said, "[y]our party seems to encourage crime and are actively against local law enforcement (except the capital police)." That is absolute bullshirt and anyone with a decent understanding of reality knows this.

For the record, we were specifically talking about mass shootings. From the link you shared:

"The grandfathering provisions in the law meant that the effects of the law would occur only very gradually over time. It seems that those effects were still unfolding when the ban was lifted, and indeed they may not have been fully realized for several more years into the future even if the ban had been extended in 2004.

The evidence is too limited for any firm projections, but it does suggest that long term restrictions on these guns and magazines could potentially produce at least a small reduction in shootings."

And:

"So, using that as a very tentative guide, that’s high enough to suggest that eliminating or greatly reducing crimes with these magazines could produce a small reduction in shootings, likely something less than 5 percent. Now we should note that effects of this magnitude could be hard to ever measure in any very definitive way, but they nonetheless could have nontrivial, notable benefits for society. Consider, for example, at our current level of our gun violence, achieving a 1 percent reduction in fatal and non-fatal criminal shootings would prevent approximately 650 shootings annually … And, of course having these sorts of guns, and particularly magazines, less accessible to offenders could make it more difficult for them to commit the sorts of mass shootings that we’ve seen in recent years.”

I agree, it is silly. Let me ask you, if a 12 year old wants to be a stripper, why is it illegal? There are plenty of places where nudity are not allowed in strip clubs. Why do we draw the line here but not a child wanting to be another sex? Why is that protected and celebrated as a good thing? Why do is it ok for a kid to appropriate a woman and dance sexually in front of adults and other kids but not to work in a non nude strip club? Explain the difference to me?
    I'm not aware of a strip club that doesn't have an age limit. And generally those age limits are either 18 or 21. So, a 12 year old in a strip club isn't going to knowingly happen.

A child changing sex is a medical procedure that involves consent from the parties involved. A child can't do so on their own.

The dancing thing is just a distraction from the issue. You're all over the place with your arguments. I don't see why you should care so much about it.

A 12 year old can't work at McDonalds.

If you all want to change that, then the onus is on you to prove to me that my constitutional right is no longer needed by me
    Hmmm, so unless someone on the right can show me without a doubt that murder will go away if women can no longer have a legal medical procedure, then women should be able to have a legal medical procedure.

If the right wants to change that then the onus is on the right to prove to woman that their constitutional right to control their own body is no longer needed by them.
    Your party seems to encourage crime and are actively against local law enforcement (except the capital police). That is going to be a very hard sell. Americans love guns. Guns are actually how and why we exist as a country. As heart breaking as that sounds to you, our country was founded on civilians having their own guns.
    Republicans seem to encourage and support racism, bigotry, child massacre, misogyny and insurrection against the US government. That's going to be a hard sell to anyone that actually believes in the US Constitution. Religious freedom, equality under the law and self-determination are how and why our constitution was written. As heart breaking as that sounds to republicans, our country was founded on civilians being able to exercise their rights without someone trying to impose their religious beliefs on them.

What is the difference between a child drag queen and child a stripper? Both are non-nude in a lot of places. What is the thing that makes one illegal and one celebrated? Since we are discussing hypocrisy in bumper sticker terms.

Define "drag queen". Without a baseline agreement on what the terms mean, your questions are just meaningless word-salad.

I'm not aware of a strip club that doesn't have an age limit. And generally those age limits are either 18 or 21. So, a 12 year old in a strip club isn't going to knowingly happen.

A child changing sex is a medical procedure that involves consent from the parties involved. A child can't do so on their own.

The dancing thing is just a distraction from the issue. You're all over the place with your arguments. I don't see why you should care so much about it.
    What is a parent signed off on her daughters stripping or being on OnlyFans at age 16?

I am pretty much focusing on one thing. The fact that the left thinks a child that is going through puberty has the where with all to decide to move forward with life altering decisions that the end result is not know.
    Why is one ok and the other is not? They are both based solely on how the child feels about who they really are?
    At one time we protected children from doing stupid things because kids are stupid. Now we let them decide to change their gender based on what?

A 12 year old can't work at McDonalds.
    Why not? If they are mature enough to make like changing decisions, why not allow them to be their authentic self. If that self is a burger flipper, who are you to say no? Why does the state have the right get between a person and their dreams?

Hmmm, so unless someone on the right can show me without a doubt that murder will go away if women can no longer have a legal medical procedure, then women should be able to have a legal medical procedure.

If the right wants to change that then the onus is on the right to prove to woman that their constitutional right to control their own body is no longer needed by them.

Republicans seem to encourage and support racism, bigotry, child massacre, misogyny and insurrection against the US government. That's going to be a hard sell to anyone that actually believes in the US Constitution. Religious freedom, equality under the law and self-determination are how and why our constitution was written. As heart breaking as that sounds to republicans, our country was founded on civilians being able to exercise their rights without someone trying to impose their religious beliefs on them.
    You ready?
    If a woman has a baby, you now have 2 living people. 1 + 1 = 2. Pretty simple. Even though that might be a symptom of colonization.

Can you show me where the republican party supports racism, bigoty, child massacre, misogyny and insurrection?

Define "drag queen". Without a baseline agreement on what the terms mean, your questions are just meaningless word-salad.
    Would you agree that drag is in itself a example of gender appropriation?

You ready?
    If a woman has a baby....
    Well, a woman has a right to a legal medical procedure that would prevent her from having a baby so the rest of your math is irrelevant.
    Can you show me where the republican party supports racism, bigoty, child massacre, misogyny and insurrection?
    Sure but I won't....at least not until you show me where the Democratic party "encourages crime and is actively against law enforcement".

Me: Sits back in my chair and waits for the defund the police bullshirt.

Well, a woman has a right to a legal medical procedure that would prevent her from having a baby so the rest of your math is irrelevant.

Sure but I won't....at least not until you show me where the Democratic party "encourages crime and is actively against law enforcement".

Me: Sits back in my chair and waits for the defund the police bullshirt.
    Right, the answer to your question is irrelevant and the only answer is the very fact that we are debating. Nice circle logic.

I think I have shown the left DA across the country are causing the rise in crime (words from the criminals themselves) many time on this board.

I take it you were against the Floyd riots and the creation CHAZ and all that as well?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom