/* */

Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

I am glad we both agree that only bigots point it out.

To your actual question - ask your congressperson to change the informed consent laws if you feel that decision is wrong. As current laws stand, you can’t get married until a certain age and only then with parental consent. You can decide the person you want to be however.
    Don't you hate it when trying to find the truth makes someone a bigot?

That seems odd to me. A child can't get married but can make a decision to chop off healthy body parts because of their mental state. It just doesn't add up.

If it was my position on whether or not pineapple belongs on pizza, fine. I would imagine that my stance against child brides should be universally understood, though.

No. I refuse to answer because it's ridiculous to ask someone to defend why they think outlawing child marriage is a good thing.

I was asking that because it was two opposing sides of an argument making arguments for and against a bill based on their religious beliefs, which are protected in this country. It's an interesting topic to discuss when both parties do so honestly.
    You believe a child is too young to be married but not too young to consent to taking experimental drugs from Big pharma?
    The circle logic doesn't really work out does it.

So you agree that unfettered firearm ownership is not a right we should have, then, as you would support giving up your own if the government forcibly removes them from people deemed to be criminals.
    It is according to the BOR and if you want to change that, then you guys have to take away the need for the right. It is basic government accountability, but the left has no accountability except for their political enemies.

Do you think the government can be effective in taking away the gun from the criminals?

That seems odd to me. A child can't get married but can make a decision to chop off healthy body parts because of their mental state. It just doesn't add up.
    No child is chopping off any body part.

Stop. Lying.

And since a child is still in their parents’ care, the law is written so people who are religious don’t marry off their children; not to stop kids from marrying.

You believe a child is too young to be married but not too young to consent to taking experimental drugs from Big pharma?
    The circle logic doesn't really work out does it.

I believe that medical treatment made in consultation with a physician or team of physicians is vastly different than a 27-year-old marrying a 14-year-old.

And you have evidence that this happens?

It is according to the BOR and if you want to change that, then you guys have to take away the need for the right. It is basic government accountability, but the left has no accountability except for their political enemies.

Again, you are saying that there is a scenario in which 2A can be curbed.

Do you think the government can be effective in taking away the gun from the criminals?

Given the sheer number of guns in this country and how easy they are to obtain, I think the only way to do it is a massive buyback program coupled with strict laws that carry severe punishments. The odds of that happening are less than zero.

I believe that medical treatment made in consultation with a physician or team of physicians is vastly different than a 27-year-old marrying a 14-year-old.
    I would agree. The amount of money made by the medical team is a lot more than the cost of a wedding.

Again, you are saying that there is a scenario in which 2A can be curbed.

Given the sheer number of guns in this country and how easy they are to obtain, I think the only way to do it is a massive buyback program coupled with strict laws that carry severe punishments. The odds of that happening are less than zero.
    You are correct. I can't buy a fully automatic lung blower outer right now, so there is already a 2A restriction.

You think the gangs will line up and sell their guns back? Who is going to enforce those laws? The police that are hunting down black men and people of color in the streets? You want to disarm a hunted population? That is kind of mean.

https://ftmtopsurgery.ca/blog/ftm-surgery/right-age-undergo-ftm-top-surgery/

Does it matter? You are about to come back with 'medical team' and 'parental permission'. All that is true, but they are still able to have healthy breast chopped off to become a different sex.

I am going to come back with exactly that because your claim was this:

This is not a decision made by a child. It is a decision made by a team of medical professionals with input and consent from any and all legal guardians engaged in an open dialogue with each other as to the best course of action. And that consent, like all consent, can be withdrawn at any time for any reason.

You are correct. I can't buy a fully automatic lung blower outer right now, so there is already a 2A restriction.

And if that restriction is in place to save lives, are other common-sense restrictions not something we should consider as well?

You think the gangs will line up and sell their guns back? Who is going to enforce those laws? The police that are hunting down black men and people of color in the streets? You want to disarm a hunted population? That is kind of mean.

No, and nobody will enforce them because this will never come to pass. As I said, the odds of this happening are nil.

so I went to your link and checked out that Dr’s site.

I couldn’t find the link to the actual FAQ, or the page through your link - I had to get it on my own.

While I could not find that question in their FAQ or the answer you provided, even your “evidence” is ridiculous.

The FAQ you “found” STILL says:

“ We will need consent from both parents (unless only one parent has been awarded legal custody), as well as two letters from mental health professionals who can speak to your gender identity and transition. Dr. Mosser will also speak with your therapist via phone prior to your surgical procedure, in order for everyone on your healthcare team to be as interconnected and communicating as possible.”

So the teen (not child) needs to have been living their true self for YEARS under the supervision of: parents, doctors and therapists.

On top of that mountain to climb - your link is only for top surgery; not gender reassignment surgery. Meaning addition or subtraction of breasts. Not genitalia.

Cmon, Farb, you aren’t even trying

I am going to come back with exactly that because your claim was this:

This is not a decision made by a child. It is a decision made by a team of medical professionals with input and consent from any and all legal guardians engaged in an open dialogue with each other as to the best course of action. And that consent, like all consent, can be withdrawn at any time for any reason.
    What if the consent is done after the child has been put on experimental drugs or had healthy breast chopped off. Yes, they are experimental. If you don't think, provide the study that shows long term side effects? How about 10 years after?
    Also, why is much of Europe, pulling back on the use of puberty blockers? Sweden for example:
    https://segm.org/sites/default/files/Karolinska _Policy_Statement_English.pdf

And if that restriction is in place to save lives, are other common-sense restrictions not something we should consider as well?

No, and nobody will enforce them because this will never come to pass. As I said, the odds of this happening are nil.
    You have to prove the common sense part as well as prove that they would indeed save lives.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom