Should we see the removal of statues like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

TheRealTruth

Reaction score
    Recently CNN aired an interview where one of the guests suggested what is in the topic.

I agree with the removal of confederate statues around the country, but should this also be done for founding fathers?

King is a member and activist for BLM, correct? Just wondering if he speaks for all BLM supporters like Trump speaks for all conservatives?
    Not a single liberal I know of ever cast a vote for Shaun King, nor are we out defending his every. single. action. or. statement.

(In fact, most liberals I know of and read regularly clown on Shaun King.)

Yes. If there is a connection, the mostly likely connection that I see is a backlash from Neo-Nazi white supremacists.
    I think the Jewish community in Williamsburg might disagree with you on that.

I think the Jewish community in Williamsburg might disagree with you on that.
    Maybe some would... maybe some wouldn't.

There's a different history there in Williamsburg to consider regarding incidents in or near Williamsburg. We were originally discussing the destruction of the memorial to the holocaust survivor in Santa Rosa, CA.

Let's not jump to conclusions about everyone involved in the movement to take down memorials and other icons of the confederacy as a unified single group with unified single motivations.

Let's do the fair and rational thing of separately discussing each specific person's or people's actions and what their stated motivations are.

If we don't know who was behind an action or we don't know what their motivates were, let's not jump to conclusions in an irrational effort to paint anyone in any particular way.

Let's also refrain from derogatorily and dismissively labeling speaking one's mind as "virtue signaling." Not only is it disrespectfully dismissively, but to me it indicates that the person saying it has their mind closed to hearing anything they don't agree with.

OH, this area has a different history? That is odd, because I have been told a lot in the last few weeks that this country shares it's racism as a whole from its inception.

So now, we should not jump conclusions of certain groups of people!? LMAO.

OH, this area has a different history?
    You drew a comparison between incidents in Williamsburg and something that happened in Santa Rosa, CA. What do you see as the common history that these two communities share that makes your comparison relevant and accurate?

So now, we should not jump conclusions of certain groups of people!?
    What jumps to conclusions about what groups do you think I've made in this thread?

I see the wanting the statues down. I don't necessarily agree with it.

If we quit the denial here the south had no reason to play along with the revolution against the British until the Lord Dunmore proclamation. Infact the proclamation got slaves to escape from everywhere to join the British.

If you don't know the British got thousands and thousands of slaves to escape and fight with the British for their freedom. Thousand and thousands of them.

Heck even after the war was over the British army kept thousands and stocked other British colonies in the area.

When Georgia looses a quarter of the slaves in the state to the British they then got serious.

The south could care less about the issues of the north because they were making money and staggering amounts. The north really didn't care about slaves either until they realized they could be converted so easy and actually granted ones fighting for them freedom also.

I get why they are pissed but I don't agree.

Lots of great men did bad things. And honestly both sides did not give a care until the slaves joined the British army.

You drew a comparison between incidents in Williamsburg and something that happened in Santa Rosa, CA. What do you see as the common history that these two communities share that makes your comparison relevant and accurate?

What jumps to conclusions about what groups do you think I've made in this thread?
    You said I should ask the the Jewish residents of Williamsburg. I found an article about the black and Hispanic hate crimes against the Jewish community in Williamsburg, not white neo-nazi or white supremacists. I posted it, but now we should be rational and think logically about the groups at play? LMAO. Ok.

Yes. If there is a connection, the mostly likely connection that I see is a backlash from Neo-Nazi white supremacists.
    So your assumption was incorrect?

You said I should ask the the Jewish residents of Williamsburg. I found an article about the black and Hispanic hate crimes against the Jewish community in Williamsburg, not white neo-nazi or white supremacists.
    Which is why I said that Williamsburg has a different history, meaning that if the holocaust memorial that was vandalized had been in Williamsburg and not Santa Rosa, then it would be just as or more likely that it was done by someone black. But it wasn't in Williamsburg, was it?

You still have not shown that Jewish communities in Santa Rosa have had the same history with hate crimes from blacks that those in Williamsburg have. Jewish communities all across the Untied States have experienced hate crimes from white supremacists.

White supremacists have committed most of the hate crimes that have been committed against the Jewish community nationwide. The same is true for the state of California.

That's why it's still my opinion that the memorial was mostly likely vandalized by a white supremacist individual or group.

You've yet to offer anything to support your assertion that the Jewish community in Santa Rosa has experienced hate crimes at the hands of blacks.

You have shown that hate crimes committed against the Jewish community in Williamsburg would probably be perceived by that community as likely being committed by someone black. The holocaust memorial that was destroyed was in Santa Rosa, not Williamsburg.

Which is why I said that Williamsburg has a different history, meaning that if the holocaust memorial that was vandalized had been in Williamsburg and not Santa Rosa, then it would be just as or more likely that it was done by someone black. But it wasn't in Williamsburg, was it?

You still have not shown that Jewish communities in Santa Rosa have had the same history with hate crimes from blacks that those in Williamsburg have. Jewish communities all across the Untied States have experienced hate crimes from white supremacists.

White supremacists have committed most of the hate crimes that have been committed against the Jewish community nationwide. The same is true for the state of California.

That's why it's still my opinion that the memorial was mostly likely vandalized by a white supremacist individual or group.

You've yet to offer anything to support your assertion that the Jewish community in Santa Rosa has experienced hate crimes at the hands of blacks.

You have shown that hate crimes committed against the Jewish community in Williamsburg would probably be perceived by that community as likely being committed by someone black. The holocaust memorial that was destroyed was in Santa Rosa, not Williamsburg.

So, white supremacists and neo-nazis was not the most likely connection for antisemitism in Williamsburg? That seemed to be everyone here first thought. I wonder why these attacks are not covered as much?

Do I think the antisemitic attacks in CA are the work of White Supremacists or Neo-Nazi? Not sure, but I am sure it is not the case of Williamsburg and some are starting to think and investigate that might also not be true for a lot of the country. Maybe we will see more fair reporting in the future, but I doubt it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom