Should we see the removal of statues like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

TheRealTruth

Reaction score
    Recently CNN aired an interview where one of the guests suggested what is in the topic.

I agree with the removal of confederate statues around the country, but should this also be done for founding fathers?

Yeah!

who cares it was called n-@$* rock? It’s history! History that will be in the past if we get rid of it! We can’t remember things that we can’t see! How are we going to remember the rock literally nobody off that campus gives a shirt about? Besides, that’s just what they called rocks back then! Get over it!!

Um…oh yeah, this is a slippery slope!!! Where does it end?? Next they will come and take YOUR rocks with racial epithets for names!! Sad!

did I manufacture outrage right?

Yeah!

who cares it was called n-@$* rock? It’s history! History that will be in the past if we get rid of it! We can’t remember things that we can’t see! How are we going to remember the rock literally nobody off that campus gives a shirt about? Besides, that’s just what they called rocks back then! Get over it!!

Um…oh yeah, this is a slippery slope!!! Where does it end?? Next they will come and take YOUR rocks with racial epithets for names!! Sad!

did I manufacture outrage right?
    You did! Congratulations, good work.
    Now back to the new normal of adults defending the babies that get their tummies upset by a word from an article in 1927.

Yea me too. Kids are weird. I try not to get my panties in a bunch over it.

They are probably on your lawn as we speak.
    And yet we have been going back and forth on this for 3 days. Tell me again how your don't care at all and you also think it is dumb?

And yet we have been going back and forth on this for 3 days. Tell me again how your don't care at all and you also think it is dumb?

I don't care about the rock. I care about why you care so much. I am concerned you are a victim of media manipulation and wanted to help get you out from under the thumb of the media.

It’s interesting how some news stories say N*ggerHead was a colloquial term for large black rocks back around that time, while others say (and Wikipedia concurs) that it was objects shaped like a black person’s head. Even more interesting that the rock is light gray, not black.

Interesting also how the Black Student Unions demands used a newspaper article from the university as an example of the use of the word N*ggerHead and some people say that’s the only reason for the removal demands, even though the term was frequently used through the 50s and apparently occasionally still used through the 70s by those on campus.

It’s almost as if there are some people trying to couch their reasons for getting up in arms about the removal of a big rock.

I don't care about the rock. I care about why you care so much. I am concerned you are a victim of media manipulation and wanted to help get you out from under the thumb of the media.
    Samian, not to be a self-righteous, intrusive prig nosing in on a conversation that doesn't concern me, but if you're going to hop on the wagon, and say Farb is a victim of media manipulation, then he's in very good company of posters on MAP or SR right now and in the past few months that have allowed the media to manipulate their feelings and positions on certain social and political issues and most times in reading threads on MAP or SR, these posters have never been called out on it or its barely been insinuated.

I mean, in life most people try to be on the side of the angels, but that hardly means we act like, behave or we are one of them in our daily lives.

Its a good example of the left going too far. Its also a good example of your running theme in arguing the exception (or radical outliers) prove the rule (the left of center base at large). It doesn't. It's also pretty laughable Fox News would even cover such a trivial story whose only purpose is to light a fire under those who only care about being anti-woke and couldn't articulate a policy position to save their lives. Such is the current state of the right: all culture war and no substance.

Its a good example of the left going too far.

Until there's more clarity about why it was removed and the nature and source of any complaint, is it?

-------------------
    [from the article] The communications team for Cornell told Fox News Digital that the display was a "temporary exhibit" installed to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address in 2013.

"President Lincoln’s bust was part of a temporary exhibit on the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address. The bust was on display in the Rare and Manuscript Collections from 2013 to 2021," Rebecca Valli, director of media relations at Cornell University, told Fox News Digital on Tuesday.

"Cornell proudly possesses one of five known copies of the Gettysburg Address in Lincoln’s hand. The original is safely sequestered, with a digital facsimile on permanent display. Additionally, five electronic Lincoln exhibitions are available for 24/7 viewing online," Valli added.

Valli did not respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment on Wayne’s claim that librarians had informed him the display was removed after a complaint. Fox News also reached out to the school’s library inquiring about his claim but did not receive a response.

Until there's more clarity about why it was removed and the nature and source of any complaint, is it?

-------------------
    [from the article] The communications team for Cornell told Fox News Digital that the display was a "temporary exhibit" installed to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address in 2013.

"President Lincoln’s bust was part of a temporary exhibit on the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address. The bust was on display in the Rare and Manuscript Collections from 2013 to 2021," Rebecca Valli, director of media relations at Cornell University, told Fox News Digital on Tuesday.

"Cornell proudly possesses one of five known copies of the Gettysburg Address in Lincoln’s hand. The original is safely sequestered, with a digital facsimile on permanent display. Additionally, five electronic Lincoln exhibitions are available for 24/7 viewing online," Valli added.

Valli did not respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment on Wayne’s claim that librarians had informed him the display was removed after a complaint. Fox News also reached out to the school’s library inquiring about his claim but did not receive a response.

Exactly. How can anyone say what this is about? It's not clear. It almost sounds entirely plausible that the piece was on loan from another collection and wasn't supposed to even be there anymore. Or maybe something else but how can anybody say this "goes too far" or doesn't go too far . . . too far for what? What is the basis that is being offered for discussion?

Basis for discussion, you say? Why it “proves” to a certain demographic that the “left” (in this case being played by librarians at Cornell, lol) are demonic beings that want to destroy all of civilization, or something. In any case they’re much worse than the certain demographic that wants to destroy this American experiment in democracy. 😜

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom