Right wing nuts thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

It's definitely photo shopped, like, a lot. This is the original:
    F4OsmxKWQAA_T3x

Photoshopping pictures of her seems to be a thing. Not sure I like it. She's a terrible human being, there's plenty of things to criticise her on without creating weird distorted images of her.
    Something happened

Screenshot_20240913-230156.png

So, the bit about it being a fake dog food company is made up. It's a real dog food company. I mean, I say it's real, it's a Rumble brand - as in the company which hosts Truth Social and other dubious platforms - and it's in that weird space where right wing demagogues try to monetize their platform by selling 'health' products (i.e. snake oil; another of their brands is '5G Free' and they sell 'cellular defense' pills and 'EMF badges'). So I wouldn't trust their dog food.

But the "I just ate dog food" post is real, she did do that.

Okay, thanks. She’s so ugly on the inside that I believed it. Crap. Deleting my posts.
    I know, right? I don't know why people make this stuff up or photoshop though, the reality is more than ugly/weird/etc. enough!

I'm usually pretty good at spotting the fake stuff, but Trump is the worst one for me. He's so ridiculous that it's hard to tell any half decent parody from the reality.

And more fallout from this idiocy
    ========================
    SPRINGFIELD, Ohio — The Haitian eatery cooks were preparing for Thursday’s lunch rush when the phone rang.

“Got any cats or dogs?” a mocking voice asked.

Romane Pierre, the 41-year-old manager of Rose Goute Creole, didn’t want to alarm his staff. They were already nervous.

During the presidential debate barely 36 hours earlier, Republican nominee Donald Trump had targeted Haitians in Springfield, falsely accusing them of “eating the pets of the people that live there.”

Pierre summoned his customer-service politeness.
    “No,” he replied, “but we have chicken and pork.”

A crackpot call was a minor disruption compared with that morning’s bomb threat on city hall, conveyed in a message the mayor described as “hateful” toward immigrants.

By Friday, two elementary schools in this southwestern Ohio city had gone into lockdown and evacuated their students. Pierre’s team, who usually kept the restaurant open late, decided to close before dark.

“Everyone’s scared,” he said, keeping an eye on the glass entrance.

The incendiary claims about immigrants that Trump echoed to millions of Americans have turned a dangerous spotlight on those in the cities he keeps name-checking: Springfield and Aurora, Colo., a Denver suburb where he has repeatedly asserted Venezuelan criminals are “taking over.”

“We’re going to get these people out,” he said in a news conference Friday, intensifying his attack and promising to stage “the largest deportation in the history of our country” if reelected.

Trump’s words don’t reflect their reality, more than a dozen immigrants said in interviews this week. But his rhetoric, which right-wing news sources and social media have greatly amplified, triggered alarm in places grappling with culture clashes.

In Springfield, where the Haitian population has soared since 2020, some from the Caribbean nation have been keeping their children home from school, community organizers say, fearing bullying or worse. Others have reported harassment on the street, in their cars and at stores.

In Aurora, a large and proudly diverse city where thousands of Venezuelans began arriving in 2022, numerous migrants said they have been told their nationality makes them ineligible for jobs or housing.

Residents of buildings that some officials have alleged are under gang control said the false rumors have led to threats and even drawn armed groups to the properties — claiming to offer protection, vigilante-style……..

I say normal people are disgusted by the lies about the Haitians in Springfield. MAGA sees it differently. They share Trump’s mental illness.

I just started watching Andor
    Well worth your time. Acting was superb as well. Writing top notch. It fits today, I believe bc it also addresses andor's inaction against the increasingly authoritarian government. Abusive power didn't harm him directly so he didn't care, till it did. It's complex...and I didn't appreciate it till maybe the 2nd watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom