Right wing nuts thread (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

While I don't like the response from Higgins, the guy in the blue t-shirt seemed to be approaching oddly. I'm not sure how to describe it really, almost like he was trying to quickly sneak behind some people and jump out to surprise him with a question. I'd really like to see what happened before this. Also, Higgins needs to be careful grabbing onto people like that before he grabs the wrong person and something bad happens.

While I don't like the response from Higgins, the guy in the blue t-shirt seemed to be approaching oddly. I'm not sure how to describe it really, almost like he was trying to quickly sneak behind some people and jump out to surprise him with a question. I'd really like to see what happened before this. Also, Higgins needs to be careful grabbing onto people like that before he grabs the wrong person and something bad happens.
    I agree that I would like to see what happened first, and/or from another angle. However, presumably a couple of those guys standing around the Rep were security and they didn’t seem to sense any threat. People who were there indicated the question had already been asked when the Rep reacted in that way. And he has a history of getting physical with people when he was a cop earlier. And was he the Rep who tried to grab somebody on the floor of the House during the Speaker elections this session?

So it appears they didn’t want him to disrupt the press conference? Whatever it was, and he persisted. I think it was a public sidewalk, though, can they force him to leave? I don’t think they can.

I think the odd movement from the first video was him trying to walk away from other guys who were trying to grab him and get him to leave.

Sure, it’s annoying to have someone ask questions while they’re trying to speak, but they’re supposed to believe in free speech, right? I think Higgins has defended the detained Jan. 6 rioters who were violent that day.

At least the kid is prepared to press charges.

“I’m absolutely evaluating my options here, and if it looks like there is a strong case for assault and [there is] an attorney willing to take on the case, I am absolutely prepared to press charges,” he said.

So it appears they didn’t want him to disrupt the press conference? Whatever it was, and he persisted. I think it was a public sidewalk, though, can they force him to leave? I don’t think they can.

I think the odd movement from the first video was him trying to walk away from other guys who were trying to grab him and get him to leave.

Sure, it’s annoying to have someone ask questions while they’re trying to speak, but they’re supposed to believe in free speech, right? I think Higgins has defended the detained Jan. 6 rioters who were violent that day.
    He was being more than a bit rude and disrespectful, and his behavior suggests he was trying to be provocative and cause a scene, not just “asking tough questions to a congressman”. Higgins best response to him would’ve been to just ignore him and not let him lose his composure. Now, you make this guy a celebrity martyr and give him media exposure.

He was being more than a bit rude and disrespectful, and his behavior suggests he was trying to be provocative and cause a scene, not just “asking tough questions to a congressman”. Higgins best response to him would’ve been to just ignore him and not let him lose his composure. Now, you make this guy a celebrity martyr and give him media exposure.
    You cannot push or get physical with someone on a public sidewalk because they are annoying you. So, obviously the Rep was wrong and out of line.

Add to this his support for the Jan. 6 rioters and I think his priorities are completely backwards.

You cannot push or get physical with someone on a public sidewalk because they are annoying you. So, obviously the Rep was wrong and out of line.

Add to this his support for the Jan. 6 rioters and I think his priorities are completely backwards.
    Which is why it would’ve been smarter if he had just ignored him and not lost his composure. Whether we or me and you dislike his policies is irrelevant and subjective to our own individual opinions, I just know that if a right-wing, pro-life zealot started heckling, disrupting, and shouting down AOC, Omar or Bernie, it would be just as wrong for them if their security to push around, rough up people on a public sidewalk or anywhere else just because they’re annoying as it is here.

You‘re correct, however, I didn’t mention his support for Jan 6 rioters because I disagree with his policy positions. It was to point out his complete hypocrisy in supporting rioters who broke into federal property and attacked police, but turning around and getting physical with a heckler.

You‘re correct, however, I didn’t mention his support for Jan 6 rioters because I disagree with his policy positions. It was to point out his complete hypocrisy in supporting rioters who broke into federal property and attacked police, but turning around and getting physical with a heckler.
    When it comes to having Trump as a President and a party leader, it takes a lot of moral courage, determination and maybe a willingness to risk losing your political futures like Liz Cheney, Chris Christie did to criticize obvious, clear-cut authoritarian attempts at a coup and subvert a democratically won election.

I can’t say I feel too bad for Liz Cheney, honestly. Sure, she had the insight and acumen to recognize what kind of would-be autocrat he was, but in reality, it kind of came very late in the game because . if one examines her policy votes on Trump’s legislation during most of his presidency, she voted in line for maybe 85-90% of the time

The far-right Republican congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene told reporters being called a white supremacist was the same as a Black person being called the N-word……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom