Right wing nuts thread (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

The far-right Republican congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene told reporters being called a white supremacist was the same as a Black person being called the N-word……

For someone prone to hypocrisy and wild talk, this is par for the course for her. She can't be reasoned with.

Worse yet was what she said today about one of the D Reps, who happens to be a black man. They got into a spirited discussion yesterday outside the Capitol, which was recorded by press or the public - not sure. They were both talking loud and there was some joking around. Today she says the guys actions were aggressive and he was yelling and cursing at her. And that she “feels threatened” by him, and people need to keep an eye on him.

Racist dog whistles. Just out in the open.

The far-right Republican congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene told reporters being called a white supremacist was the same as a Black person being called the N-word……

The fact that MTG was willing to say "white supremacist" but not willing to say that "N-word" shows me that she doesn't think even in the recesses of her mind that the terms are the same. So she purposefully lies to herself while she lies to me.

It's kind of scary considering the recesses that might be in her mind, now that I've gone there I would suggest that other folks avoid going there.

The fact that MTG was willing to say "white supremacist" but not willing to say that "N-word" shows me that she doesn't think even in the recesses of her mind that the terms are the same.

I don't know what MTG actually believes or doesn't believe in this matter, but there is a huge difference between just saying "white supremacist" vis a vis saying "the n-word". The "n-word" is very much taboo to say for anyone other than African Americans. You can laugh (many do so uncomfortably) at Chappelle dropping N-bombs, you can listen to NWA say "n-word" on every verse of a song (and surely if you are not AA you'll never call NWA by its full name), and so forth; and we non-AA's have been conditioned to not say the word, no matter the context, for decades. My wife gets uncomfortable when I say "negro" when speaking Spanish.

"White supremacist", on the other hand, doesn't carry such taboo. The mere action of saying "white supremacist" doesn't carry the stigma to the non-AA speaker that "the n-word" carries regardless of context.

I don't know what MTG actually believes or doesn't believe in this matter, but there is a huge difference between just saying "white supremacist" vis a vis saying "the n-word". The "n-word" is very much taboo to say for anyone other than African Americans. You can laugh (many do so uncomfortably) at Chappelle dropping N-bombs, you can listen to NWA say "n-word" on every verse of a song (and surely if you are not AA you'll never call NWA by its full name), and so forth; and we non-AA's have been conditioned to not say the word, no matter the context, for decades. My wife gets uncomfortable when I say "negro" when speaking Spanish.

"White supremacist", on the other hand, doesn't carry such taboo. The mere action of saying "white supremacist" doesn't carry the stigma to the non-AA speaker that "the n-word" carries regardless of context.
    She said they are the same, but you're saying they are not the same. I'm also saying they are not the same so we're not in a disagreement about that.

She knows they are not the same if she will say one, but not say the other, but she's still saying the are the same none the less.

She's knowingly and willingly lying to herself as well as lying to me.

I don't understand what is difficult about this.

BTW I don't necessary cringe when I hear the word Negro.

But I do cringe when I hear the word Oriental.

I especially cringe if I hear both Oriental and Occidental in the same conversation unless the speaker is criticizing historical white supremacy. In that event they are words which might be needed to voice historical criticism.

Another one in that same historical category which curls my toes is Mohammedan.

Locally here in the west the phrase "gut eats" might even draw a knuckle sandwich coming from me. I'm very sensitive about that one.

Lol, he doesn’t even bother to crop the crappy rating off the photo.

IMG_0895.jpeg

She said they are the same, but you're saying they are not the same. I'm also saying they are not the same so we're not in a disagreement about that.

She knows they are not the same if she will say one, but not say the other, but she's still saying the are the same none the less.

She's knowingly and willingly lying to herself as well as lying to me.

I don't understand what is difficult about this.

BTW I don't necessary cringe when I hear the word Negro.

But I do cringe when I hear the word Oriental.

I especially cringe if I hear both Oriental and Occidental in the same conversation unless the speaker is criticizing historical white supremacy. In that event they are words which might be needed to voice historical criticism.

Locally here in the west the phrase "gut eats" might even draw a knuckle sandwich coming from me. I'm very sensitive about that one.

MTG didn't say "white supremacist" and "n-word" are the same. She said that being called a "white supremacist" is the same as an AA person being called a "n-word".

I don't know that a white person would take as much offense at being called a "white supremacist" as an AA person being called a "n-word", or whether MTG believes that or not, but MTG not saying the "n-word" itself is not proof of anything, because, again, we have been conditioned for decades to not say "n-word" if we are not AA, no matter the context.

Even this site, I can post "spic", "beaner", and it'll post. If I actually type the "n-word', last time I did that in a conversation very much like this one, the filter changed it to "I really want to get banned".

MTG didn't say "white supremacist" and "n-word" are the same. She said that being called a "white supremacist" is the same as an AA person being called a "n-word".

I don't know that a white person would take as much offense at being called a "white supremacist" as an AA person being called a "n-word", or whether MTG believes that or not, but MTG not saying the "n-word" itself is not proof of anything, because, again, we have been conditioned for decades to not say "n-word" if we are not AA, no matter the context.

Even this site, I can post "spic", "beaner", and it'll post. If I actually type the "n-word', last time I did that in a conversation very much like this one, the filter changed it to "I really want to get banned".
    :LOL:

Those glowing red eye orby things that are mounted to your hat apparently allow you to see and then split the finest of hairs with a precision that I am with my unaided eyes are not able to even see.

As I recall the filter once changed something I wrote to "shirt." Oh, and there was one on my first day here that changed something to "bandwidth theft device."

I thought that was funny.

Lol, he doesn’t even bother to crop the crappy rating off the photo.

IMG_0895.jpeg
    It’s more of the fact that is a best-seller which means in his mind, it’s a success and that more people liked it than hated it.

So what if it has a crappy critical rating, seriously, how many great, interesting, thought-provoking books, novels that critics loved and praised but ended up selling shirt? Maybe, it’s mediocre, terrible marketing or the intended, targeted audience didn’t understand or it took a while for readers to get a fuller, better understanding of it. Sometimes, they’re known and loved by a small, cult following and these works never receive larger, mainstream exposures they should.

It’s more of the fact that is a best-seller which means in his mind, it’s a success and that more people liked it than hated it.

So what if it has a crappy critical rating, seriously, how many great, interesting, thought-provoking books, novels that critics loved and praised but ended up selling shirt? Maybe, it’s mediocre, terrible marketing or the intended, targeted audience didn’t understand or it took a while for readers to get a fuller, better understanding of it. Sometimes, they’re known and loved by a small, cult following and these works never receive larger, mainstream exposures they should.
    That’s not a rating from the critics, that’s a rating from the public. I don’t even know what point you are trying to make. Which sort of makes your entire comment moot.

Is it okay to ask you to explain both of these?

I haven’t heard of either until this moment

Is it okay to ask you to explain both of these?

I haven’t heard of either until this moment
    Happy to. Mohammedan means Muslim but the people who coined and used the term were the upper crusties of Europe who had that Oriental vs Occidental thing going which as I see it was an attempt to place white supremacy on an academic footing of being settled science.

The goal behind their studies apparently was to show that western whites were truly superior over eastern brown people, as thus ought to rule.

They used nice language, but the content wrapped in that language, and the what I would call their fake scientific studies was very racist.

Those people were dreadful. Many of them leading the movement were European royals. Winston Churchill's mother was one of them. She edited one of their journals.

This is a modern book review that might help place a historical reference on those out of date terms:

----

"Gut eats" is short for "gut eaters," and that is something which is not being used much anymore, but when it is used, is referring to native Americans in a very not nice way.

I like to think I'm somewhat affiliated with native Americans in friendship. I'm a tribal person as well, and my background is such that as a child I played and went to school with Navajo children, and even was able to speak a fair amount of their language. So I take it personal when I hear it.

The reason I react so poorly when I encounter that term being used is I have experience in that only the very worst SOB's are the ones who use it.

That’s not a rating from the critics, that’s a rating from the public. I don’t even know what point you are trying to make. Which sort of makes your entire comment moot.
    It makes my point that his book isn’t or hasn’t been a best-seller? If it’s a bestseller, then that means a substantial portion of American reading buying public was interested in parting with their money to buy it(whether they regretted it or not). People might’ve thought his book sucked, but that still doesn’t a lot of people didn’t buy in the first place before finding that out in the end it wasn’t worth buying.

That’s the point I’m trying to make and I don’t think it’s a moot one, either.

It makes my point that his book isn’t or hasn’t been a best-seller? If it’s a bestseller, then that means a substantial portion of American reading buying public was interested in parting with their money to buy it(whether they regretted it or not). People might’ve thought his book sucked, but that still doesn’t a lot of people didn’t buy in the first place before finding that out in the end it wasn’t worth buying.

That’s the point I’m trying to make and I don’t think it’s a moot one, either.
    It's not a "best seller" best seller. It's below the top 100 in the category of books.

It's a best seller in the narrow category of Political Conservatism and Libertarianism. Which is to say it competes well with Ann Coulter's books.

Here's a review of it that caused me to laugh out loud:

Western Doughty

3.0 out of 5 stars This book made me realize I'm attracted to men.
    Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on May 19, 2023

Josh Hawley exudes latent homosexual tendencies and now after reading the book, I'm here for it. Flame on, Josh!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom