Right wing nuts thread (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Screenshot_20230608-183316.png
    Whoa. That is one of the most insane things I have ever had the displeasure of reading.

The entitled little punk wasn't just "asking a tough question," he charged at Boebert. Given how entitled little wokesters like to attack females, Roy's protectiveness was understandable. I know the idea of men being protective of women is fading fast in the time in which people proudly announce that they don't even know what a woman is. But it's still a Texas thing.

.you should prolly watch the videos. He was being SUPER annoying but nothing like what you describe even came close to happening. Like not even close.

The epoch times has become my mother's favorite news source. Can you provide a bit more context about your comment? IIRC, they are some kind of anti-China fake news rag....hadn't heard about the cult angle. No idea how my mother found out about them but she is fully on the "anti-trans" train now.
    Hi, barbar. I’m sorry to hear that about your mom. The religious sect behind The Epoch Times is the Falun Gong. Here’s their wiki page:

“Falun Gong (UK: /ˌfɑːlʊn ˈɡɒŋ, ˌfæl-, - ˈɡʊŋ/, US: /- ˈɡɔːŋ/)[1] or Falun Dafa (/ˈdɑːfə/; lit. 'Dharma Wheel Practice') is a new religious movement.[2][3] Falun Gong was founded by its leader Li Hongzhi in China in the early 1990s. Falun Gong has its global headquarters in Dragon Springs, a 427-acre (1.73 km2) compound in Deerpark, New York, United States, near the residence of Li Hongzhi.[4][5][6]

Falun Gong administers a variety of outreach organizations in the United States and elsewhere, including the dance troupe Shen Yun. They are known for their views against the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and their anti-evolutionary stance.[7][8][9]They also operate Epoch Media Group, which is known for its subsidiaries, New Tang Dynasty Television and The Epoch Times newspaper. The latter has been broadly noted as a politically far-right[23] media entity, and it has received significant attention in the United States for promoting conspiracy theories, such as QAnon and anti-vaccine misinformation, and producing advertisements for former U.S. PresidentDonald Trump. It has also drawn attention in Europe for promoting far-right politicians, primarily in France and Germany.[5][24][14][25]

They may not be a cult in the strictest use of the term, but they are what I would call cult-adjacent. They have some really extreme beliefs. They are not a Christian group, they ally most closely with Buddhism from what I read, but they believe homosexuality makes a person unworthy to live.

Maybe you could point out to your mom that they aren’t a Christian group if that would help.

Hi, barbar. I’m sorry to hear that about your mom. The religious sect behind The Epoch Times is the Falun Gong. Here’s their wiki page:

“Falun Gong (UK: /ˌfɑːlʊn ˈɡɒŋ, ˌfæl-, - ˈɡʊŋ/, US: /- ˈɡɔːŋ/)[1] or Falun Dafa (/ˈdɑːfə/; lit. 'Dharma Wheel Practice') is a new religious movement.[2][3] Falun Gong was founded by its leader Li Hongzhi in China in the early 1990s. Falun Gong has its global headquarters in Dragon Springs, a 427-acre (1.73 km2) compound in Deerpark, New York, United States, near the residence of Li Hongzhi.[4][5][6]

Falun Gong administers a variety of outreach organizations in the United States and elsewhere, including the dance troupe Shen Yun. They are known for their views against the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and their anti-evolutionary stance.[7][8][9]They also operate Epoch Media Group, which is known for its subsidiaries, New Tang Dynasty Television and The Epoch Times newspaper. The latter has been broadly noted as a politically far-right[23] media entity, and it has received significant attention in the United States for promoting conspiracy theories, such as QAnon and anti-vaccine misinformation, and producing advertisements for former U.S. PresidentDonald Trump. It has also drawn attention in Europe for promoting far-right politicians, primarily in France and Germany.[5][24][14][25]

They may not be a cult in the strictest use of the term, but they are what I would call cult-adjacent. They have some really extreme beliefs. They are not a Christian group, they ally most closely with Buddhism from what I read, but they believe homosexuality makes a person unworthy to live.

Maybe you could point out to your mom that they aren’t a Christian group if that would help.

That is very helpful, thanks. I think that SHE thinks it is a christian publication.

.you should prolly watch the videos. He was being SUPER annoying but nothing like what you describe even came close to happening. Like not even close.
    Respectfully, I have watched the video. The young man walked quickly and aggressively toward the congressperson, intending at the very least to interrupt her free speech. I cannot know whether he intended more harm than that, but thanks to Chip Roy, we did not have to find out.

There’s theological differences, sure, but on social issues they align quite often.
    Not just theological issues, but social as well. Despite the radical right wing religious nuts talking the loudest, most average Christians and their beliefs on social issues are night and day different.

Also, alignment doesn't necessarily mean bad. But on key core issues there are real differences. A lot of secular and even some conservative Christians accept and love their gay relatives and friends, heck, there are more than a few gay Christians out there. Some denominations allow gays in leadership. You won't find that at all in Islam.

There are plenty of pro-choice Christians. Plenty of women in leadership. Plenty of women who own businesses and are independent and strong. And many Christians don't agree with the violent political rhetoric of Trump and his ilk. You don't get that kind of freedom to dissent in Islamic run states.

In Christianity there's a lot of room to be whatever you want. Not nearly so much in predominantly Muslim countries.

My point is, both in theology and culture there are significant differences. Whether right or wrong is a different discussion, but there are clear differences.

Respectfully, I have watched the video. The young man walked quickly and aggressively toward the congressperson, intending at the very least to interrupt her free speech. I cannot know whether he intended more harm than that, but thanks to Chip Roy, we did not have to find out.
    Chip Roy is as much of a piece of excrement as Boebert.

In Christianity there's a lot of room to be whatever you want. Not nearly so much in predominantly Muslim countries.
    I don't think you intended to, but you are unjustly stereotyping millions of Muslims.

Muslim controlled governments aren't free, because they are theocracies run by fundamentalist Muslims, not because the country is predominantly Muslim. Those governments oppress, torture and murder more of their fellow citizen Muslims than anyone else.

A theocratic state run by fundamentalist Christians is just as bad. Look at the history of the Catholic church in Europe. The only freedom people had was the freedom to agree with their points of view or be persecuted, tortured and/or killed.

The Southern Baptist conference just voted to remove all female pastors and plan on having another vote to ban women completely from holding any positions within the church.

The people that have killed doctors who provide abortions and have bombed/burned clinics (which happened again just recently) all claim to be doing the work of Jesus.

Most Muslims are respectful and peaceful just like most Christians are. Let's not define everyone of a religion by the worst of the minority of the people in that religion, unless you want all Christians to be judge by the worst of Christians. And there are a lot of self-proclaimed Christians out there doing some really heinous things.

If you don't see those people don't represent all Christians, then you need to understand that the militant and authoritarian Muslims don't represent all Muslims.

I don't think you intended to, but you are unjustly stereotyping millions of Muslims.

Muslim controlled governments aren't free, because they are theocracies run by fundamentalist Muslims, not because the country is predominantly Muslim. Those governments oppress, torture and murder more of their fellow citizen Muslims than anyone else.

A theocratic state run by fundamentalist Christians is just as bad. Look at the history of the Catholic church in Europe. The only freedom people had was the freedom to agree with their points of view or be persecuted, tortured and/or killed.

The Southern Baptist conference just voted to remove all female pastors and plan on having another vote to ban women completely from holding any positions within the church.

The people that have killed doctors who provide abortions and have bombed/burned clinics (which happened again just recently) all claim to be doing the work of Jesus.

Most Muslims are respectful and peaceful just like most Christians are. Let's not define everyone of a religion by the worst of the minority of the people in that religion, unless you want all Christians to be judge by the worst of Christians. And there are a lot of self-proclaimed Christians out there doing some really heinous things.

If you don't see those people don't represent all Christians, then you need to understand that the militant and authoritarian Muslims don't represent all Muslims.
    To be clear, it's not my intent to stereotype all Muslims. I'm speaking more towards religious adherents and Islamic/theocratic states where their religion is the law of the land.

My primary point is that they're not all that similar when it comes to values, culture and such and my response was to the comment made below. He's comparing the Muslim religion which is Islam and conservative Christians. There are substantial differences.

there isn't much difference in the Muslim religion and Conservative Christians.. they have pretty much the same exact views on anything not them..

To be clear, it's not my intent to stereotype all Muslims. I'm speaking more towards religious adherents and Islamic/theocratic states where their religion is the law of the land.

My primary point is that they're not all that similar when it comes to values, culture and such and my response was to the comment made below. He's comparing the Muslim religion which is Islam and conservative Christians. There are substantial differences.
    I didn't have any doubts about that and thought that was your point. I just wanted to clarify that most Muslims are, as they say, good people too. They just have different religious beliefs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom