RFK's campaign (will run as independent/third-party) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

samiam5211

Reaction score
    It looks like he's going to be on the ticket in November. I think he should get his own thread. He's about to become well funded, and it's going to be a professionally run campaign no doubt. I don't think it's out of the question that he get's Perot like numbers, and even if he get's 1/4 of that it could be a disaster for the Biden campaign that is probably looking at a few thousand votes in a few states turning the election anyway.

There is going to be money behind this campaign from all sorts of angles. No matter what anyone thinks about RFK, it would be a terrible mistake to not take this campaign seriously. He might take some from Trump for sure, but he's going to take more of the anti Trump vote from Biden, and Biden can't really spare any votes. Not all people who were going to vote for Biden would disagree with the things RFK has said about vaccines, and he's not going to be spending his time campaigning on just vaccine skepticism.

There are many more people voting for Biden who aren't enthusiastic about Biden than there are on the other side.

Asuper PAC supporting Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has begun polling his support as an Independent, one of the strongest indications to date that the long-shot Democrat is set to announce a party affiliation switch.

The poll, conducted by the firm John Zogby Strategies and commissioned by the American Values 2024 PAC, comes amid growing speculation — fueled by Kennedy himself — that he will leave the Democratic Party in the upcoming weeks.

Okay, I was able to find this discussion about the race going from 3-way to 2-way. This guy seems optimistic about it, FWIW

I was under the same impression as this. These are people who didn’t like the Dems or Republicans. They aren’t going from a fringe candidate to an establishment party. They will write in or vote for someone else. Also, a lot of the states he is on the ballot for, can’t remove him.

I was under the same impression as this. These are people who didn’t like the Dems or Republicans. They aren’t going from a fringe candidate to an establishment party. They will write in or vote for someone else. Also, a lot of the states he is on the ballot for, can’t remove him.
    I’m not going to worry too much - but my gut feeling aligns with him.

Came across this article

Here’s what the polling tells us:
    Republicans like Kennedy more than Democrats do

Kennedy attracts almost all of Trump’s third-party defectors

The third-party vote has gotten smaller since Biden’s exit

Republicans like Kennedy more than Democrats do
    That’s why he’s getting out.

Kennedy attracts almost all of Trump’s third-party defectors
    Yes agree. But what we don’t know is if they will go back to Trump. I can see the argument that they all left Trump for a reason, and it isn’t RFK, Jr’s charisma - it had to do with something they didn’t like about Trump, probably. So will they go back? IMO a few will. But not that many, because the reason they left Trump still exists, presumably.
    The third-party vote has gotten smaller since Biden’s exit
    Yes, and they are moving to Harris, IMO.

Zero surprise RFK Jr endorses Trump. Worm brain for brain dead.
    I don't think this will matter. The Sept 10th debate will be much more influential than RFK endorsing Trump.

I don't think this will matter. The Sept 10th debate will be much more influential than RFK endorsing Trump.
    Historically, debates don't influence voting and this year was the first time ever it lead to a candidate withdrawing themself. That won't happen twice, so the Sept 10th debate is highly unlikely to have any influence on the election, whereas RFK endorsing Trump definitely will have some influence.

Historically, debates don't influence voting and this year was the first time ever it lead to a candidate withdrawing themself. That won't happen twice, so the Sept 10th debate is highly unlikely to have any influence on the election, whereas RFK endorsing Trump definitely will have some influence.
    Much of America was clueless about Biden....then they watched the debate and it made a difference.
    Kamala Harris is very very good at performing a speech that someone else wrote.
    This is not sarcasm. I really think she does extremely well.
    Yet how will she do in the same debate scenario that Biden failed in?
    Surely she'll do better than Biden, yet thus far she hasn't sat down for a lengthy interview or had a press conference where all segments of the media are called upon to ask questions.
    So....
    People will watch the Trump-Harris debate on September 10th.
    IF, IF , if Harris can't answer in a satisfying manner about her flip flop position changes....or the border...or the economy...it COULD cost her some votes.
    Yet the same can be said for Trump. If he is "cornered" regarding January 6th or Trump says "they stole the 2020 election from me" then Trump could come away from the debate with less support.
    These are unusual times and the "historically" based point of view might not matter on Sept. 10th.

Last edited:
    It's tough listening to RFK, Jr. speak. Does he suffer from any condition outside of lunacy?
    I have trouble listening to him also. His speaking voice reminds me of tv commercials that feature someone with throat cancer. Commercials that aim to scare people into not smoking or to get people to quit smoking. Did you ever see a commercial like that?
    AFTER posting everything I typed above, I googled the situation and discovered this....

Last edited:
    whereas RFK endorsing Trump definitely will have some influence.

So I've been reading a bit. I was more worried about this b/c I originally thought he still had around 9%, but my understanding is now has since dropped to 4%. And according to a recent poll, w/ RFK not in the race his supporters are roughly split 55% Trump leaning to 45% Harris leaning. So through the magic of the internets, RFK's endorsement is calculated to be less than 1% point gain for trump. (I forget the exact number, but it was less than 1% )

Much of America was clueless about Biden....then they watched the debate and it made a difference.
    The difference it made was Biden dropped out. Do you think Harris or Trump will drop out after they debate?

People will watch the Trump-Harris debate on September 10th.
    Water is wet.

IF, IF , if Harris can't answer in a satisfying manner about her flip flop position changes....or the border...or the economy...it COULD cost her some votes.
    False statement, wish casting, wish casting, and more wish casting. Trump supporters are desperately doing a lot of that these days.

These are unusual times and the "historically" based point of view might not matter on Sept. 10th.
    That's certainly your opinion.

So I've been reading a bit. I was more worried about this b/c I originally thought he still had around 9%, but my understanding is now has since dropped to 4%. And according to a recent poll, w/ RFK not in the race his supporters are roughly split 55% Trump leaning to 45% Harris leaning. So through the magic of the internets, RFK's endorsement is calculated to be less than 1% point gain for trump. (I forget the exact number, but it was less than 1% )
    I don't think it will be much of an influence, but it will still be more of an influence than any presidential debate has influenced a voting outcome based on the only empirical data we have.

I am reading that RFK, Jr will remain on the ballot in NC and NV - at least for now. They have already printed some of the paper ballots. I’m sure there will be court cases.

Also reading that West cannot be on the ballot in PA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom