RFK's campaign (will run as independent/third-party) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

samiam5211

Reaction score
    It looks like he's going to be on the ticket in November. I think he should get his own thread. He's about to become well funded, and it's going to be a professionally run campaign no doubt. I don't think it's out of the question that he get's Perot like numbers, and even if he get's 1/4 of that it could be a disaster for the Biden campaign that is probably looking at a few thousand votes in a few states turning the election anyway.

There is going to be money behind this campaign from all sorts of angles. No matter what anyone thinks about RFK, it would be a terrible mistake to not take this campaign seriously. He might take some from Trump for sure, but he's going to take more of the anti Trump vote from Biden, and Biden can't really spare any votes. Not all people who were going to vote for Biden would disagree with the things RFK has said about vaccines, and he's not going to be spending his time campaigning on just vaccine skepticism.

There are many more people voting for Biden who aren't enthusiastic about Biden than there are on the other side.

Asuper PAC supporting Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has begun polling his support as an Independent, one of the strongest indications to date that the long-shot Democrat is set to announce a party affiliation switch.

The poll, conducted by the firm John Zogby Strategies and commissioned by the American Values 2024 PAC, comes amid growing speculation — fueled by Kennedy himself — that he will leave the Democratic Party in the upcoming weeks.

That’s not an accident. They are tailoring his policies to pull from Biden. He is lying about his positions to attract Biden voters. His NY State chair even floated the idea he has been promised a Cabinet position if Trump wins. This is as dirty a political trick as there can be. He’s going along with it because he’s a malignant narcissist almost on Trump’s level.
    I don't know if it is just to pull from Biden, because he was a Democrat, so it would stand to reason that he probably held a lot of positions that were aligned with the Democratic Party. I think it just happens that his anti-vax position is largely associated with Republicans. I've heard him speak, and he comes across as a quack to me, but I'm concerned that he will appeal to many Democrats. I heard a couple of Biden voters on a panel today saying as much.

You're looking at what JFK Jr.'s campaign managers have put in writing.

His campaign managers who wrote those policy positions are pro-Trump and trying to use JFK Jr. to pull votes from Biden.

Voters are going to focus more on what JFK Jr. actually says and has said.

What JFK Jr. says now and has been saying for years runs very contrary to what his campaign managers have written down.

I don't think many voters are going to be influenced by the article you quoted. I think they are going to be more influenced by the words that actually come out of JFK Jr.'s mouth and how he sounds when he says them.

If JFK Jr. thinks he's being attacked by Biden and Trump now, just wait until Biden and Trump actually start attacking him full on.

The other thing that I think people who focus on politics a a lot (everyone posting here) don't realize is that for most people, the concern over being anti-vax was a covid era topic, that the majority of people just don't place very high on their priority list in a non covid environment, which is where we are increasingly entering.

There aren't many people who are going to have vaccine acceptance on their minds when they vote in November.

It all depends on how RFK's campaign is run, and I don't really expect them to start doing much until the summer. If he focuses on his progressive policies, he's going to take more liberals who are tired of the mainstream democratic party.

They are going to have money, so i have no doubt that by the meat of the campaign, he is going to have competent people running the campaign. Who ends up running his campaign in July and August is going to determine how much success he has.

It is only going to take RFK pulling a couple of percent more from Biden than he does Trump in a few states to change the election.

Biden's people really need to be trying to get RFK to drop out and endorse him, even if that means giving crazy concessions. I think RFK being on the ballot is going to end up making it nearly impossible to beat Trump.

I hope no one takes this post as an endorsement of RFK. No one should be voting for him.

The other thing that I think people who focus on politics a a lot (everyone posting here) don't realize is that for most people, the concern over being anti-vax was a covid era topic, that the majority of people just don't place very high on their priority list in a non covid environment, which is where we are increasingly entering.
    I think this underestimates the many parents who are worried about their vaccinated children getting infected by unvaccinated children.

The far right keeps fighting against mandatory vaccinations which keeps the topic more of an issue.

The biggest issue to voters right now is women's autonomy. JFK's Jr's stance on that I don't think is a comfortable one to those who support Biden's stance on that issue. JFK's Jr's VP stance that IVF is a lie and a scam, further drives away Biden voters from JFK Jr.

I think people mistakenly started their logic at, "he's a Kennedy, so of course more Democrats will support him," before they heard much from JFK Jr. himself. Now that they have, I see a lot of logic twisting to try to justify their original mistaken assumption instead of just adjusting to the reality of how things are unfolding so far.

All indications are that JFK Jr. will not actual pull many votes at all and most likely not enough to change the outcome in any election. He's been pouring millions of dollars into getting enough signatures to get on states's ballots and has been struggling. He's struggling so bad to get enough people to sign his petitions, that he's trying to outsource the effort in a way that the Federal Elections Commission has indicated is illegal.

I don't think Trump or Biden need to fear JFK Jr. Historically, the more public presence he has, the less he's generally liked. That's why he's focusing mostly on a short-form social media presence. He can't get enough votes to sway the election doing that and if he moves beyond that, he'll lose more support than he gains.

Biden and Trump don't have to deal with him until he's on enough ballots in enough states to make any difference. If that happens, Biden will make it clear, using videos of JFK JR's own words, that make it clear he's more like Trump than Biden. If and when that happens, Trump will have no choice but to attack JFK Jr too, and that will be the end of JFK Jr's presidential bid.

JFK Jr's got the luxury of skating by without opposition right now, because he's not a real threat until he actually gets on ballots. Look at how well Haley did before she was a threat versus how much she dropped once Trump treated her as a threat.

Remember just a few months ago when so many people were either worried about or championing the No Labels party?

I think this underestimates the many parents who are worried about their vaccinated children getting infected by unvaccinated children.

The far right keeps fighting against mandatory vaccinations which keeps the topic more of an issue.

The biggest issue to voters right now is women's autonomy. JFK's Jr's stance on that I don't think is a comfortable one to those who support Biden's stance on that issue. JFK's Jr's VP stance that IVF is a lie and a scam, further drives away Biden voters from JFK Jr.

I think people mistakenly started their logic at, "he's a Kennedy, so of course more Democrats will support him," before they heard much from JFK Jr. himself. Now that they have, I see a lot of logic twisting to try to justify their original mistaken assumption instead of just adjusting to the reality of how things are unfolding so far.

All indications are that JFK Jr. will not actual pull many votes at all and most likely not enough to change the outcome in any election. He's been pouring millions of dollars into getting enough signatures to get on states's ballots and has been struggling. He's struggling so bad to get enough people to sign his petitions, that he's trying to outsource the effort in a way that the Federal Elections Commission has indicated is illegal.

I don't think Trump or Biden need to fear JFK Jr. Historically, the more public presence he has, the less he's generally liked. That's why he's focusing mostly on a short-form social media presence. He can't get enough votes to sway the election doing that and if he moves beyond that, he'll lose more support than he gains.

Biden and Trump don't have to deal with him until he's on enough ballots in enough states to make any difference. If that happens, Biden will make it clear, using videos of JFK JR's own words, that make it clear he's more like Trump than Biden. If and when that happens, Trump will have no choice but to attack JFK Jr too, and that will be the end of JFK Jr's presidential bid.

JFK Jr's got the luxury of skating by without opposition right now, because he's not a real threat until he actually gets on ballots. Look at how well Haley did before she was a threat versus how much she dropped once Trump treated her as a threat.

Remember just a few months ago when so many people were either worried about or championing the No Labels party?

We will see. I hope I'm wrong and Biden wins easily.

I don’t think RFK Jr will stand up to any sort of major scrutiny. Not to democrats, anyway. Rs have no scruples left since they have supported Trump, so who knows with them.

He has so many scandals in his past, and I’m only a casual reader about him.

I don’t think RFK Jr will stand up to any sort of major scrutiny. Not to democrats, anyway. Rs have no scruples left since they have supported Trump, so who knows with them.

He has so many scandals in his past, and I’m only a casual reader about him.

FWIW.....anecdotal and all but, I know 2 folks that are RWNJ's (my wife's cousin and her husband) that were very much Trumpers and now appear to be supporting RFK Jr......

These folks are so far gone nothing would surprise me but I take it as at least a chance that he siphons away some of the Trump vote....we will see....

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden will accept endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop in Philadelphia on Thursday as he aims to undermine former President Donald Trump and marginalize the candidacy of Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Kerry Kennedy, a daughter of former Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, niece of former President John F. Kennedy and sister of the current presidential contender, will deliver the endorsements of Biden, his campaign announced.

The decision to highlight the Kennedy family endorsement more than six months from Election Day is an indication of how seriously Biden’s team is taking the threat of the long shot bid potentially using his last name’s lingering Democratic magic to siphon off support from the president.…..

The people who know him best know he has no business running for president.

If Trump gets convicted, I do think this guy shaves off a decent single digit, if not double digit amount of Republicans. No matter what they are screwed, there are Republicans who won't vote for convicted felon, and any replacement won't have the full support of the party(god help them if the replacement is pro-vax like Trump).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom