RFK's campaign (will run as independent/third-party) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

samiam5211

Reaction score
    It looks like he's going to be on the ticket in November. I think he should get his own thread. He's about to become well funded, and it's going to be a professionally run campaign no doubt. I don't think it's out of the question that he get's Perot like numbers, and even if he get's 1/4 of that it could be a disaster for the Biden campaign that is probably looking at a few thousand votes in a few states turning the election anyway.

There is going to be money behind this campaign from all sorts of angles. No matter what anyone thinks about RFK, it would be a terrible mistake to not take this campaign seriously. He might take some from Trump for sure, but he's going to take more of the anti Trump vote from Biden, and Biden can't really spare any votes. Not all people who were going to vote for Biden would disagree with the things RFK has said about vaccines, and he's not going to be spending his time campaigning on just vaccine skepticism.

There are many more people voting for Biden who aren't enthusiastic about Biden than there are on the other side.

Asuper PAC supporting Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has begun polling his support as an Independent, one of the strongest indications to date that the long-shot Democrat is set to announce a party affiliation switch.

The poll, conducted by the firm John Zogby Strategies and commissioned by the American Values 2024 PAC, comes amid growing speculation — fueled by Kennedy himself — that he will leave the Democratic Party in the upcoming weeks.

I’m sorry - I didn’t see yours. My son teaches physics - he is the one who taught me about the dang cat, lol.
    You didn't see mine, because you posted yours first. I sincerely meant my congratulations and edited my reference from my post so as not to joke bomb you.

Last edited:
    Yes, my son constantly needles me - a biology major (actually medical technology) because as he says physics is the OG science which gives rise to all the others.
    There's an xkcd comic on this:
    purity.png

Well, math is the language of physics.
    Yep, that is my son’s position as well. It may be they teach them that in grad school. 😁

Seriously - he teaches at the college level. He has taught both math-based and non-math-based physics courses (the latter as electives for non science majors). He prefers teaching math based because he says he can prove the concepts using math. He feels like the other students get cheated out of the proof and he has to basically say - Trust me, this concept is correct.

Yep, that is my son’s position as well. It may be they teach them that in grad school. 😁

Seriously - he teaches at the college level. He has taught both math-based and non-math-based physics courses (the latter as electives for non science majors). He prefers teaching math based because he says he can prove the concepts using math. He feels like the other students get cheated out of the proof and he has to basically say - Trust me, this concept is correct.
    Mrs. Bird taught physics using algebra. She used to say “don’t mention the ‘C’ word (calculus)”. There was a professor at Cleveland State that taught physics for engineers and science majors but also a class for non-science majors called The Flying Circus of Physics. He was also known for doing things like walking on hot coals, putting his hand in molten lead etc.

Mrs. Bird taught physics using algebra. She used to say “don’t mention the ‘C’ word (calculus)”. There was a professor at Cleveland State that taught physics for engineers and science majors but also a class for non-science majors called The Flying Circus of Physics. He was also known for doing things like walking on hot coals, putting his hand in molten lead etc.
    In college we had a professor teach a class called Physics is Phun

easily one of the best classes I ever took

I know the physics behind dipping your hand in molten lead, but I'll be damned if I try it.

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan judge ruled that Robert F. Kennedy Jr. must remain on the November presidential ballot, dealing a blow to his crusade to strategically remove his ticket from the battleground state.

Kennedy suspended his campaign and endorsed former President Donald Trump in August. Since then, he has sought to withdraw his name in states — like Michigan — where the race could be close. At the same time, he is trying to remain on the ballot in states where he is unlikely to make a difference between Trump and Vice President Kamala Harris.

Kennedy filed a lawsuit Friday in Michigan’s Court of Claims against Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, a Democrat, in an effort to withdraw his name. Michigan’s election officials had previously rejected Kennedy’s notice of withdrawal…….

Why do RFK stories always have the weirdest arse headlines?
    =============

Robert F Kennedy Jr has said that he is being investigated by federal authorities for collecting the head from a decapitated whale carcass.

During a campaign event on Saturday for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump, in Glendale, Arizona, the former independent presidential candidate said, “I received a letter from the National Marine Fisheries Institute saying that they were investigating me for collecting a whale specimen 20 years ago.”

He added: “This is all about the weaponization of our government against political opponents.”

Kennedy, who endorsed the former president after dropping out of November’s election, fell under scrutiny in recent weeks after the resurfacing of a 2012 interview that his daughter Kick gave to Town & Country in which she addressed the whale in question.

Recounting how the creature washed up on a beach near Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, she said, “[He] ran down to the beach with a chainsaw, cut off the whale’s head and then bungee-corded it to the roof of the family minivan for the five-hour haul back to Mount Kisco, New York.

“Every time we accelerated on the highway, whale juice would pour into the windows of the car, and it was the rankest thing on the planet. We all had plastic bags over our heads with mouth holes cut out, and people on the highway were giving us the finger, but that was just normal day to day stuff for us.”

Reports of the decapitation caught the attention of the Center for Biological Diversity Action Fund, which called on federal authorities to investigate Kennedy.

In a letter to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (Noaa), the environmental group said Kennedy “violated the Marine Mammal Protection Act, and possibly the Endangered Species Act, by illegally cutting the head off of a dead whale in or around 1994 in Hyannis Point, Massachusetts, and bringing it to his New York house.”………

Last edited:
    =============

Robert F Kennedy Jr has said that he is being investigated by federal authorities for collecting the head from a decapitated whale carcass.

During a campaign event on Saturday for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump, in Glendale, Arizona, the former independent presidential candidate said, “I received a letter from the National Marine Fisheries Institute saying that they were investigating me for collecting a whale specimen 20 years ago.”

He added: “This is all about the weaponization of our government against political opponents.”

Kennedy, who endorsed the former president after dropping out of November’s election, fell under scrutiny in recent weeks after the resurfacing of a 2012 interview that his daughter Kick gave to Town & Country in which she addressed the whale in question.

Recounting how the creature washed up on a beach near Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, she said, “[He] ran down to the beach with a chainsaw, cut off the whale’s head and then bungee-corded it to the roof of the family minivan for the five-hour haul back to Mount Kisco, New York.

“Every time we accelerated on the highway, whale juice would pour into the windows of the car, and it was the rankest thing on the planet. We all had plastic bags over our heads with mouth holes cut out, and people on the highway were giving us the finger, but that was just normal day to day stuff for us.”

Reports of the decapitation caught the attention of the Center for Biological Diversity Action Fund, which called on federal authorities to investigate Kennedy.

In a letter to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (Noaa), the environmental group said Kennedy “violated the Marine Mammal Protection Act, and possibly the Endangered Species Act, by illegally cutting the head off of a dead whale in or around 1994 in Hyannis Point, Massachusetts, and bringing it to his New York house.”………

Can't believe this dude got a percentage of the electorate to support him no more than I can believe Trump's cult. RFK Jr. might be crazier.

=============
    And why would you need to put plastic bags over your heads with mouth holes cut out?

Couldn't you just breathe through your mouth?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom