Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

zztop

Reaction score
    Thought I would start a dedicated topic about her.
    If anyone comes across info pertaining to her, feel free to post it here

Last edited:
    Doubling down with this total word salad of a non answer

bolding mine
    ======================================
    CNN’s Jake Tapper on Thursday challenged Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley over her widely-panned claim to Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade earlier this week that America is not and has “never been” a racist country.

During a televised town hall event at New England College in New Hampshire, Tapper reminded Haley that “protections for the institution of slavery were written into the U.S. Constitution, the White House was built with slave labor” and that Haley’s “home state of South Carolina seceded from the Union, fought a war to defend the enslavement of Black people.”

“I understand you don’t think America is a racist country now,” acknowledged Tapper. “But we’re here at a college. Do you really think, as a historical matter, America has never been a racist country?”

Haley replied, “It was that men are created equal with unalienable rights, right? That was what we all knew. But what I look at it as is I was a brown girl that grew up in a small, rural town. We had plenty of racism that we had to deal with, but my parents never said we lived in a racist country, and I’m so thankful they didn’t, because for every brown and Black child out there, if you tell them they live or are born in a racist country, you’re immediately telling them they don’t have a chance.”

The former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations said she believed in the importance of telling children that “America is not perfect” and “we have our stains” but that “our goal should always be to make today better than yesterday..”

“National self-loathing” is “killing our country,” Haley claimed, later saying she wanted children of color to see her political ascent and say, ‘No, I don’t live in a country that was formed on racism. I live in a country where they wanted all people to be equal and to make sure they had life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.’”

Tapper followed up, “OK, but just to push back a bit, because I was a history major in New Hampshire” before saying she was talking about the ideals of America but that the country was still “founded institutionally on many racist precepts, including slavery.”

Haley argued “the intent” of America’s founding was “to do the right thing” and said she refused “to believe that the premise of when they formed our country was based on the fact that it was a racist country to start with.”..........

She can parse words all she wants, but a society that is formed as a slave-holding society, where slaves are a different race from slave-holders, is a racist society.

Doubling down with this total word salad of a non answer

bolding mine
    ======================================
    CNN’s Jake Tapper on Thursday challenged Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley over her widely-panned claim to Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade earlier this week that America is not and has “never been” a racist country.

During a televised town hall event at New England College in New Hampshire, Tapper reminded Haley that “protections for the institution of slavery were written into the U.S. Constitution, the White House was built with slave labor” and that Haley’s “home state of South Carolina seceded from the Union, fought a war to defend the enslavement of Black people.”

“I understand you don’t think America is a racist country now,” acknowledged Tapper. “But we’re here at a college. Do you really think, as a historical matter, America has never been a racist country?”

Haley replied, “It was that men are created equal with unalienable rights, right? That was what we all knew. But what I look at it as is I was a brown girl that grew up in a small, rural town. We had plenty of racism that we had to deal with, but my parents never said we lived in a racist country, and I’m so thankful they didn’t, because for every brown and Black child out there, if you tell them they live or are born in a racist country, you’re immediately telling them they don’t have a chance.”

The former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations said she believed in the importance of telling children that “America is not perfect” and “we have our stains” but that “our goal should always be to make today better than yesterday..”

“National self-loathing” is “killing our country,” Haley claimed, later saying she wanted children of color to see her political ascent and say, ‘No, I don’t live in a country that was formed on racism. I live in a country where they wanted all people to be equal and to make sure they had life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.’”

Tapper followed up, “OK, but just to push back a bit, because I was a history major in New Hampshire” before saying she was talking about the ideals of America but that the country was still “founded institutionally on many racist precepts, including slavery.”

Haley argued “the intent” of America’s founding was “to do the right thing” and said she refused “to believe that the premise of when they formed our country was based on the fact that it was a racist country to start with.”..........

The things you have to believe and say out loud to be a minority in the Republican party is just stupid and sad. Most people that hear this and aren't right wingers or Republicans just roll their eyes at the stupidity of her trying to explain herself while rewriting America's history. :rolleyes:

Haley says we've never been a racist country.

A couple of days later, Trump calls her by her given name, in a clear act of racism.

So a former one-night stand of Haley’s has come forward after he heard her state she had always been faithful to her husband. 🫣

This smacks of a dirty trick by Trump supporters, tbh.

Watch the GOP hold this against her while they look the other way on a man who cheated on all 3 of his wives. Because women cannot afford any scandals at all.

I don’t think this should move the needle at all, especially in a party that embraces Trump.

She just can't help herself hah

Oh. My. God. Who does she think her voters are? This is political malpractice. And I thought DeSantis was bad at this stuff.

Been thinking about this a little more: she clearly isn’t really a moderate, but her voters are what passes for moderate in today’s GOP. Then again, “moderate” appears to be a dirty word to the current extremists in the GOP, so maybe this wouldn’t hurt her? 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
    Haley has given up.

Regardless of the stated reason is, the real reason she's not debating DeSantis, is because she's afraid she will be forced to say something negative about Trump.

She knows it is over.

Shortest primary season in the history of the country.

She's 20 points behind Trump in New Hampshire except for one outlier poll that should be thrown out.

She's 40 points behind California, so the liberal states aren't going to save her.

She will drop out after suffering a humiliation in South Carolina.

Submissive Ron will take a few more humiliations before he drops out, because he likes it.

There never was a Republican primary race. Unless Drumpf keels over from a heart attack/stroke or gets hit by a bus he will be the nominee. The focus must be on getting out the vote and destroying him followed by destroying the Republican Party.

When Nikki Haley was a South Carolina legislator, she backed budgets boosted by federal aid. Running for governor, she criticized a “bailout culture” and dependence on Washington.

She once called the Confederate battle flag a heritage symbol and sidestepped calls to remove it from statehouse grounds. After a racist massacre in Charleston, Haley moved to take it down.

When Donald Trump ran for president in 2016, she opposed him before joining his administration as U.N. ambassador. Now, Haley is running against Trump for the 2024 Republican nomination saying he is an agent of chaos.

For almost 20 years, Haley has worked to navigate Republicans’ rightward march, trying to cultivate both the GOP establishment and the firebrand conservative base that gave rise to Trump. She is seen as either a pragmatic unifier or a finger-to-the-wind politician, and as she seeks the Republican nomination, her political pivots have become her opponents’ most persistent line of attack.

“Maybe she can be a bit of a chameleon,” said former state Rep. Doug Brannon, a fellow Republican. “The governor and I did not get along,” he said, “but that doesn’t mean that she isn’t a brilliant politician.”

Shapeshifting is a long-practiced political art. Bill Clinton earned the nickname “Slick Willie” and won two terms in the White House. Trump went from being emphatically supportive of abortion rights to telling voters he alone was responsible for the Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade, winning over white evangelicals.

In the 2024 campaign, Haley has leaned into her critics. Trump skipping debates has meant she and the former president have not confronted each other face to face but she has forcefully defended herself against his suggestions that she is out of step with today’s Republican Party.

“For those reporting that I’m a moderate, I will ask you or anybody, Trump or anybody in Fox (News) suits saying that I’m not a conservative: Name one thing that I wasn’t conservative about,” she said Friday in New Hampshire.…….

They triple dipped on the racism with that clip. They mocked her for not being white-European, they mocked her with a stereotype of Native Americas and mocked Native Americans with the "Indian" stereotype. That's some next level racism right there.
    IMG_7721.gif

When others are playing racism checkers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom