Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

zztop

Reaction score
    Thought I would start a dedicated topic about her.
    If anyone comes across info pertaining to her, feel free to post it here

Last edited:
    He doesn't do it all the time, but I like when Paul challenges the establishment. Of course you would consider that a disgrace. You like everything about the establishment.
    Rand Paul is as much a buffoon as his “gold standard” old man.

The NYT article is a liar? Biden told confidants that Trump should be prosecuted.
    What your liar alleged is that Biden instructed Garland to prosecute Trump. There is zero evidence of that. Your liar is attempting to twist facts and you are also.

You sound like Raskin who is the new Schiff.
    Care to comment on the actual content of my post, or are you just going to try to sling personal insults. There was a fundamental difference between what your liar said and what the sources said. Got anything to say about that?

Care to comment on the actual content of my post, or are you just going to try to sling personal insults. There was a fundamental difference between what your liar said and what the sources said. Got anything to say about that?
    Your post sounded like partisan nonsense just like we hear from Raskin and Schiff. The NYT article screenshots are there for anyone to read despite your weak spin attempt.

Your post sounded like partisan nonsense just like we hear from Raskin and Schiff. The NYT article screenshots are there for anyone to read despite your weak spin attempt.
    Once again: the article says he privately talked with close confidants about his belief that Trump should be prosecuted. He doesn’t post a link to the article, but when I read it - a while ago - the article made the point that Biden had never communicated as such to Garland. Why do you suppose he didn’t post a link to the actual article? Because he is lying about what it says.

You are posting people who are lying. Full stop. This isn’t weak spin.

CNN) — Former Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan on Sunday endorsed Nikki Haley in the presidential race the day before the Iowa caucuses.

Hogan said he thinks it’s “pretty clear” that former President Donald Trump will win Iowa, but that “Nikki Haley has all of the momentum” to make her a strong nominee in November.

“What this race is all about is to try to nominate the strongest possible nominee for November,” Hogan said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“I’m convinced the momentum is with Nikki Haley,” he added, pointing to a path for Haley to get “a distant second” in Iowa, possibly win New Hampshire and then have momentum going into her home state of South Carolina.

Pressed by CNN’s Jake Tapper to clarify whether he was endorsing Haley, Hogan replied, “I really did not want to see a multi-car pile-up that would just enable Donald Trump.”

“I think we want to have the strongest possible nominee in November. Polls show that that is Nikki Haley. That she’s 17 points ahead of Joe Biden. And it is a tossup with Trump and Biden,” Hogan said. “Yes, it is time for the party to get behind Nikki Haley.”……..

When she was inaugurated as South Carolina’s first woman and first non-white governor in 2011, Nikki Haley said “it would be wrong to mention our greatness during the revolutionary period without noting the ugliness of much that followed. The horrors of slavery and discrimination … remain part of our history and a part of the fabric of our lives.”

It would be wrong.

That didn’t stop Haley, now a presidential candidate, from flagrantly pandering to racists by lying about the cause of the Civil War during a town hall in New Hampshire.

When she told her questioner that answering him wasn’t “easy,” it wasn’t because she didn’t know that slavery was the cause of the Civil War. It was because she knew that giving the correct answer would alienate voters who have embraced a false version of history.

In the Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union, issued Dec. 24, 1860, the government of South Carolina explained its reasons for seceding from the United States. Those reasons bear no resemblance to Haley’s cowardly blather about “the freedoms” and “the role of government.”

Unlike Haley, South Carolina’s lawmakers were honest about their reasons for seceding. “An increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery has led to a disregard of their obligations” to return people who escaped from enslavement back to their enslavers.

All eleven states who seceded – and the pro-secession minority of legislators in Missouri and Kentucky — cited slavery as their reason.

Haley does not claim to be ignorant of this history. The day after her craven response in New Hampshire sparked national outrage, she declared, “Of course the Civil War was about slavery,” but quickly returned to her vague talking points about “the role of government” and “individual liberties.”

Haley’s pandering on the issue of slavery in New Hampshire appears to contrast with her comments in 2015, after a white supremacist who draped himself in symbols of the Confederacy murdered nine Black worshippers at Mother Emanuel Church in Charleston. Announcing the removal of the Confederate flag from the State House grounds, she called it — for some —”a deeply offensive symbol of a brutally offensive past.”

But she has long been willing to overlook “the horrors of slavery” in discussing the cause of the Civil War. In a 2010 interview with an activist group called Palmetto Patriots, she said the war was a conflict between “tradition” and “change,” never mentioning that the tradition was slavery................

Soooo…money has to go wherever based on what? Your whims? Russia funneled money to Republicans via the NRA. If some donors think that Haley would be an easier candidate for Biden to run against then, well, they can do what they want with their money. I don’t agree with it because of the issue of money in politics but, hey, conservative idiots on the SCOTUS have said money is speech. So, can we assume you are against free speech? This is quite possibly one of the more ridiculously minute things you have whined about.

By many accounts, Nikki Haley would be the favorite in a head to head race vs. Biden, even more so than Trump or DeSantis. Yet we can see by these accounts that she is just as dangerous as any of them in terms of the rehearsed stories she spins and the narrative she crafts for herself and even history.
    I know Haley is a snake in the grass, but I don’t think she would stoke a revolt against the nation. I wouldn’t want her as president, but she is way better than Trump and better than DeSantis. She doesn’t state her positions clearly. Like the abortion question, she avoided answering the question by saying what she thinks could be passed. Rather than stating her position, and then saying she may have to compromise, she just says she would have to compromise, without stating that she wants to outlaw abortions. I think that will catch up to her when she is pressed more.

I know Haley is a snake in the grass, but I don’t think she would stoke a revolt against the nation. I wouldn’t want her as president, but she is way better than Trump and better than DeSantis. She doesn’t state her positions clearly. Like the abortion question, she avoided answering the question by saying what she thinks could be passed. Rather than stating her position, and then saying she may have to compromise, she just says she would have to compromise, without stating that she wants to outlaw abortions. I think that will catch up to her when she is pressed more.
    Yeah, I agree. She's far from an ideal candidate, but I agre. She accepts the results of elections and we won't see anything remotely like 1/6 from her. I think she at least respects the process. It's a low bar, but it's also not an insignificant thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom