Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley (Merged) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

zztop

Reaction score
    Thought I would start a dedicated topic about her.
    If anyone comes across info pertaining to her, feel free to post it here

Last edited:
    As I post this, Super Tuesday is coming up. This thread will be viable well beyond that date.
    Here we can talk about what Nikki Haley's campaign and the candidate herself might do....or should do....maybe post about what's in their/her mind.? etc., etc.
    Check this out:

For sure Haley is NOT positioning herself to be Trump's VP. For sure.
    Possibly her main hope could be that Trump is not allowed to run in November so she will be the fall back candidate?
    Does she think this seemingly hopeless battle will put her in a position to be the front runner in 2028?
    Would she consider a 3rd party run THIS time around?
    ..........or did she seriously think she had a chance in 2024 and now she owes it to America to at least follow through for now and then she'll think about her future and "cross that bridge" when time permits. MAYBE she is so busy giving her best effort now that she hasn't really thought thru in a thorough manner ...you know...about 2028?

Last edited:
    The polls say Haley would beat Biden handily in November. Unfortunately, the same polls still have Trump ahead of Biden. I know polls are not "end all - be all", but its concerning that Biden would be trailing Trump with everything that's happened.

The polls say Haley would beat Biden handily in November. Unfortunately, the same polls still have Trump ahead of Biden. I know polls are not "end all - be all", but its concerning that Biden would be trailing Trump with everything that's happened.
    I don’t believe the polls much any more. They’ve been pretty much repeatedly overestimating R support ever since they underestimated it in 2016. It’s a pattern.

I don’t believe the polls much any more. They’ve been pretty much repeatedly overestimating R support ever since they underestimated it in 2016. It’s a pattern.
    I don't believe the polls, quote unquote and all, they certainly could be off and hopefully they are.. but it's concerning to see Biden stay consistently behind Trump and I think at the very least it indicates that unless something changes between now and then that this election is again going to be very close either way.

Still a ways to go though so we'll see how it plays out.

Best description I’ve seen of Haley is “ambitious shape-shifter”. She will say or do anything to get ahead.

Here is Christie's take: “...unwilling to offend anyone by telling the truth.”

“She’s smart and she knows better. And she didn’t say it because she’s a racist, because she’s not. I know her well, and I don’t believe Nikki has a racist bone in her body,” the former New Jersey governor said at a town hall event in Epping, New Hampshire.

“The reason she did it is just as bad, if not worse, and should make everybody concerned about her candidacy,” he continued. “She did it because she’s unwilling to offend anyone by telling the truth.”

I don't believe the polls, quote unquote and all, they certainly could be off and hopefully they are.. but it's concerning to see Biden stay consistently behind Trump and I think at the very least it indicates that unless something changes between now and then that this election is again going to be very close either way.

Still a ways to go though so we'll see how it plays out.
    I feel the same. I posted one done by Reuters awhile back. They are as unbiased as you can be. They had Trump
    slightly ahead in their poll and that is very very concerning.

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley was accused by a child of flip-flopping on her views about former president Donald Trump — and then was likened to the 2004 Democratic nominee John Kerry.

The nine-year-old named Adam began by telling the former UN ambassador at a New Hampshire town hall on 27 December: “Chris Christie thinks that you’re a flip-flopper on the Donald Trump issue. And honestly, I agree with him.” The crowd then erupted in laughter.…..

I don’t think most polls are trying to be biased, I just don’t think they can sample correctly any longer. They have no way to get valid samples like they used to - back when people had home phones (land lines) and everyone answered their phones. They used to be able to construct a sample from certain areas and/or demographics, and now that is infinitely more difficult. You can have a cell phone with a different area code from where you actually live pretty easily. Cell phones are not just published in directories, and the vast majority of people just won’t answer a call from a number they don’t recognize.

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haleyannounced that she would pardon former president Donald Trump if she makes it to the White House in 2024 and if he were convicted of any of the many crimes he’s accused of committing.

At a New Hampshire campaign event, Ms Haley told the crowd, “I would pardon Trump if he is found guilty.”…….

I don’t think most polls are trying to be biased, I just don’t think they can sample correctly any longer. They have no way to get valid samples like they used to - back when people had home phones (land lines) and everyone answered their phones. They used to be able to construct a sample from certain areas and/or demographics, and now that is infinitely more difficult. You can have a cell phone with a different area code from where you actually live pretty easily. Cell phones are not just published in directories, and the vast majority of people just won’t answer a call from a number they don’t recognize.
    Good points. Good post

Another reason not to vote for her is that she's the media's favorite candidate. The media loves neocons.
    Nah, the media gives oxygen to idiots like Trump for clicks and ratings. Neocons have nothing to do with it. Btw, the Republicans love themselves some war in the Middle East. They hate Ukraine because Putin hates Ukraine. It has nothing to do with being anti-war and everything to do with being pro fascism.

Nikki Haley’s feigning of staggering ignorance about the cause of the US civil war unintentionally revealed her quandary in the Republican party.

It was not a gaffe. Though it was a stumble, it was not a mistake, but a message she has delivered for years and that has served her well until now.

Her carefully crafted and closely memorized garble was a deracinated version of an old lie, which she had used before to attempt to mollify hostile camps in order to skid by. Some in the past praised her evasive formula as governor of South Carolina as her finest moment. It lifted her star.

Yet one simple question instantly produced panicky rapid eye movements that are the telltale sign of a person desperately cornered, followed by an unstoppable stream of blather that she hoped would make it all evaporate into a meaningless ether but instead this time slid her into an abyss.

Her performance, the most memorable of her entire career, was so devastating that even Ron DeSantis, the paragon of political aphasia, in the most cogent remark of his campaign, indeed his life, commented: “Yikes.” Nikki Haley turned Ron DeSantis woke.

“What was the cause of the United States civil war?” a man asked Haley at a campaign town hall in North Conway, New Hampshire. She reacted as if she were being physically threatened. Haley immediately turned her back to the questioner, breathed fast and heavy into the microphone, and walked quickly away. When she swiveled to face the crowd, she did not speak at first. Gaining her composure, she replied with an accusatory edge: “Well, don’t come with an easy question.”

Of course, the answer is an easy one for any eighth grader. But for Haley it went to the molten core of the history and politics of South Carolina, where she had been governor, to the southern strategy that realigned the Republican party, and to its hard crystallization in Trump’s party. She retreated as if struck, not because she didn’t know the obvious answer, but because she knows that it is more fraught than it has been in decades……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom