Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

zztop

Reaction score
    Thought I would start a dedicated topic about her.
    If anyone comes across info pertaining to her, feel free to post it here

Last edited:
    By many accounts, Nikki Haley would be the favorite in a head to head race vs. Biden, even more so than Trump or DeSantis. Yet we can see by these accounts that she is just as dangerous as any of them in terms of the rehearsed stories she spins and the narrative she crafts for herself and even history.

I guess she was pandering to the pro-slavery voters?

Nikki Haley is reporting her strongest fundraising quarter so far as the former governor and ambassador storms into January ascendant in polling, money and attention.

The Haley campaign reported on Wednesday that it had taken in a “stunning” $24m in contributions in the final quarter of 2023. The total, campaign officials said in a press release, was more than double any previous quarter’s fundraising sum.

Her impressive haul is indicative of one thing: She is heading into the beginning of primary and caucus season with serious momentum behind her campaign, and may very well now be the Republican with the most credible chance of dethroning Donald Trump as the frontrunner for her party’s nomination. Mr Trump remains far ahead of Ms Haley in national polling of the Republican field, but has seen his former representative to the UN close the gap in New Hampshire. She has simultaneously pulled ahead of Ron DeSantis in some Iowa polling, too.

Now, her campaign faces the prospect of delivering an embarrassing rout to Mr DeSantis in the first-in-the-nation contest in Iowa this month; such a victory would propel her into the second state, New Hampshire, with a winner’s mentality (even if she remains far behind Mr Trump).……

Former Trump UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, fighting with Gov. Ron DeSantis for the number two ranking in the 2024 GOP presidential race, continues to stumble over her damaging remarks last week, after she refused to say “slavery” when asked, “what was the cause of the United States’ Civil War?”

“I want to visit this because it’s going to continue to come up,” Fox News host Harris Faulkner told the former South Carolina governor late Wednesday morning. “And the reason that it has is maybe you haven’t put it to bed yet.”

“So in Politico today there’s being written about Black conservatives and some of their responses,” Faulkner continued. “Conservative talk show host Armstrong Williams says you are and going to move on from this. But in the meanwhile, he called it a ‘teachable moment.’ And I would ask, what have you learned?”

“Well, first of all,” Haley began, “I will tell you this that I said right off the bat, I did respond to it right away. When you grow up in the South you grow up and slavery is a constant comment, constant point of discussion. You learn it in school, you talk about it.”

“The South is actually very comfortable with our history,” Haley added, a comment that appeared to immediately raise eyebrows.

“What I should have said immediately was that the Civil War was about slavery. But I just assumed that that was a given. And I went on and said, it was also about the role of government, and about the rights of people economically, socially and otherwise. So yes, we know the Civil War was about slavery. That’s always the case.”

Last week Haley was asked by a voter at a town hall this question: “What was the cause of the United States’ Civil War?”

Her response has led to a week-long uproar..........

Lol, but ice cream joe is doing a great job, eh? Open borders, drugs flowing in, crime sky high...etc.

Former Trump UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, fighting with Gov. Ron DeSantis for the number two ranking in the 2024 GOP presidential race, continues to stumble over her damaging remarks last week, after she refused to say “slavery” when asked, “what was the cause of the United States’ Civil War?”

“I want to visit this because it’s going to continue to come up,” Fox News host Harris Faulkner told the former South Carolina governor late Wednesday morning. “And the reason that it has is maybe you haven’t put it to bed yet.”

“So in Politico today there’s being written about Black conservatives and some of their responses,” Faulkner continued. “Conservative talk show host Armstrong Williams says you are and going to move on from this. But in the meanwhile, he called it a ‘teachable moment.’ And I would ask, what have you learned?”

“Well, first of all,” Haley began, “I will tell you this that I said right off the bat, I did respond to it right away. When you grow up in the South you grow up and slavery is a constant comment, constant point of discussion. You learn it in school, you talk about it.”

“The South is actually very comfortable with our history,” Haley added, a comment that appeared to immediately raise eyebrows.

“What I should have said immediately was that the Civil War was about slavery. But I just assumed that that was a given. And I went on and said, it was also about the role of government, and about the rights of people economically, socially and otherwise. So yes, we know the Civil War was about slavery. That’s always the case.”

Last week Haley was asked by a voter at a town hall this question: “What was the cause of the United States’ Civil War?”

Her response has led to a week-long uproar..........

This is just the weakest sauce, she looks worse every time she addresses it....The "I said also....." line is priceless.....implying that she actually mentioned slavery.....disingenuous at it's core.....she as bad as any of them, just a slightly nicer package....

...........Historically speaking, Haley is correct. New Hampshire Republicans have a better track record of voting for the candidate who eventually becomes the Republican Party's nominee.

It's why then-New Hampshire Gov. John H. Sununu's much more personal line, "The people of Iowa pick corn, the people of New Hampshire pick presidents" has lived on in modern politics. One of Sununu's sons, Chris, is currently the state's governor. He previously endorsed Haley.

Of the last four competitive caucus winners, only one, then-former Texas Gov. George W. Bush, went on to win the nomination. In comparison, three of the last four competitive New Hampshire Republican primary winners, (Donald Trump, then-former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, and then-Sen. John McCain), went on to win the nomination.

In fairness to Iowa, which historically has kicked off both major parties' presidential primary seasons, one could argue that early states aren't designed to be predictive...........

I don’t think anyone is pro-slavery today, well, except for some RWNJs.

Farb, honest question, why do you think Haley failed to mention slavery as a cause for the Civil War?

Do you honestly think the other political party is pro-slavery? Honest question and I think I know the answer.
    Pro-slavery is an interesting term. Obviously they want women to have less freedom. Obviously they want anything that might hurt their kids fee-fees excluded from education. Obviously they have no problem with Drumpf’s 2025 plan for retribution. Obviously they have supported DeathSantis’s ridiculous policies regarding education including comments regarding slavery.

I think you know the answer as well but lack the huevos to say it out loud.

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haleysought to make amends for her recent failure to cite slavery as a principle cause of the Civil War– but ended up digging herself a deeper hole by offering the patronising get-out: “I had Black friends growing up.”

Speaking during a CNN town hall in Des Moines, Iowa, on Thursday, the former South Carolina governor was asked by host Erin Burnett to clarify her thoughts on the conflict and to comment on her rival Chris Christie’s contention that she had attempted to dodge the issue for fear of alienating potential GOP voters.

“I should have said slavery right off the bat, but if you grow up in South Carolina, literally in second and third grade, you learn about slavery,” she answered.

“You grow up and you have, you know, I had Black friends growing up. It is a very talked about thing.…..

Pro-slavery is an interesting term. Obviously they want women to have less freedom. Obviously they want anything that might hurt their kids fee-fees excluded from education. Obviously they have no problem with Drumpf’s 2025 plan for retribution. Obviously they have supported DeathSantis’s ridiculous policies regarding education including comments regarding slavery.

I think you know the answer as well but lack the huevos to say it out loud.
    This is why this country is screwed thanks to critical race theory and identify politics.

I think I do know the answer but I asked you. Do you think the Republicans are pro-slavery?

There is about 20-30% of the Republican Party that is pro-slavery yes.

They are currently in charge and setting the agenda so yes, the Republican Party is pro-civil war losers.

If you drive through the south, especially out in the less-populated areas, you still find plenty of confederate flags (proudly) being displayed. I doubt any of those people would be voting for a (D)

This is why this country is screwed thanks to critical race theory and identify politics.

I think I do know the answer but I asked you. Do you think the Republicans are pro-slavery?
    identity Politics…another bullschlitz deflection. ALL politics is identity based upon individual belief structures. To whine about it is simple agitprop and pointless. As for CRT you don’t know what it means.

If you know the answer then you know why Republican creatures such as DeathSantis, Haley, et al act the way they do. Your desperately hope that their inside character, their identity, will remain hidden but that is impossible. This leaves us with the only conclusion that can be reached you support each and every action and statement made by the racist Republican Party. Since they are racist then how should we view them?

You do know the answer. You don’t want to admit that which you cleave to.

Do you believe that people who are Republican are superior to people who are Democrat?

Do you believe that people who are Democrat should have less rights and proportional government representation than people who are Republican?

Do you believe that people who live in southern states are superior to people who live in northern states?

Do you believe that people who live in northern states should have less rights and proportional government representation than people who live in southern states?

Do you believe that people who live in rural areas are superior to people who live in urban areas?

Do you believe that people who live in urban areas should have less rights and proportional government representation than people who live in rural areas?

Do you believe that people who are white are superior to people who are not white?

Do you believe people who are not white should have less rights and proportional government representation than people who are white?

Do you believe that people who are Christian are superior to people who are not Christian?

Do you believe that people who are not Christian should have less rights and proportional government representation than people who are Christian?

Do you believe that people who are heterosexual are superior to people who are not heterosexual?

Do you believe that people who are not heterosexual should have less rights and proportional government representation than people who are heterosexual?

Do you believe that people who are male are superior to people who are female?

Do you believe that people who are female should have less rights and proportional government representation than people who are female?

My answer to every question is no. My answer to the converse of every question is also no. I look forward to hearing your answers to these questions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom