/* */

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

zztop

Reaction score
    Thought I would start a dedicated topic about her.
    If anyone comes across info pertaining to her, feel free to post it here

Last edited:
    provide a source. LOLZ.

Why was she asked that question? To get her to say it was about slavery or not about slavery. The dude who asked the question said as much in his follow up remark. The MSM jumped on her answer to 'prove' she was trying to not step on the toes of some of the republican voters. What voters exactly?
    What voters do you think the MSM was referring to?

Definitely Florida, any State where RW'ers get seizures when CRT is mentioned... voters in the Deep South who carry confederate flags and wear MAGA hats... and really any GOP voter who cannot and will not admit a fact simply because it is stated by a Democrat.

So, about 85%-90% of core GOP voters?

I think you right about most of that.

While the war was fought over states rights (the right to own slaves) that is not why the vast majority fought the war on either side. That would be like saying WWII was fought to end and free concentration camps and the Jews.

Why did the vast majority fight, in your opinion?

I think you right about most of that.

While the war was fought over states rights (the right to own slaves) that is not why the vast majority fought the war on either side. That would be like saying WWII was fought to end and free concentration camps and the Jews.
    May I suggest “Break It Up” by Richard Kreitner? There were state’s rights arguments on both sides but the underlying foundation was slavery. The basic issue beyond that was constant capitulation to the Southern slaveholders and their politicians regarding maintaining the union.

The South didn’t give a damn about anything beyond keeping their slaves.

Last edited:
    Haley gets credit for being able to say this.

I wonder what her version of "will have to answer for it" means?
    Because a few days ago she went on faux news and said if trump was found guilty, she would pardon him (if elected)

She's got her shortcomings, but saying this is pretty meaningful to me. I would definitely vote for her in the primary at this point. She's clearly the better choice between her and DeSantis.
    lesser of two evils, but that isn't saying much. To me her words are empty (unless you meant the first part where she admitted he lost the election), otherwise the other day she said she would pardon trump. Way to hold him accountable Nikki

Because a few days ago she went on faux news and said if trump was found guilty, she would pardon him (if elected)

lesser of two evils, but that isn't saying much. To me her words are empty (unless you meant the first part where she admitted he lost the election), otherwise the other day she said she would pardon trump. Way to hold him accountable Nikki
    Oh, I would never vote for her. But at least she’s not calling the violent felons hostages.

Rand Paul has come out as “Never Nikki”. I didn’t realize Rand Paul was still a thing.

I'm aware of all that. She's still a better candidate than Trump. We can survive a Haley Presidency. A Trump or DeSantis? Probably not so much.

I'm aware of all that. She's still a better candidate than Trump. We can survive a Haley Presidency. A Trump or DeSantis? Probably not so much.
    We already survived a Trump presidency. That's why most people are ignoring all the talk about Trump being Hitler or a dictator. We've already seen what a Trump presidency looks like and he didn't throw journalists in jail, shoot his wife, etc like all the batshirt crazy scenarios that the Democrats have been throwing out there.

We already survived a Trump presidency. That's why most people are ignoring all the talk about Trump being Hitler or a dictator. We've already seen what a Trump presidency looks like and he didn't throw journalists in jail, shoot his wife, etc like all the batshirt crazy scenarios that the Democrats have been throwing out there.
    So, you’re ok with his dictator for a day rhetoric? You’re ok with his retribution rhetoric?

Yeah, we saw what he tried to do to stay in power after losing the election. We see now that he took millions upon millions of dollars from foreign governments, we saw how he sat and ignored the people trying to halt the peaceful transfer of power, only commenting when he was sure they wouldn’t succeed. We saw him mishandle the biggest challenge of his presidency in a spectacularly awful way, his indifference to lives being lost.

Nobody sane wants to go through that again.

He caused 1/6 to happen. He's been saying he'd be a "dictator for a day" to get back at his political opponents. He's shut the press out of the WH before and probably will again.

I fully expect he'll use the full force of the office to go after his political opponents and it wouldn't shock me if he used his crony friends to order revenge and assassination attempts on anyone trying to thwart his Presidency.

And...the Republicans in Congress will be willing accomplices.

Not disagreeing with this ^
    It just seems odd to give her kudos for... being a totally normal, rational person (in that moment). But also at the same time, I suspect her words were not very sincere (since she said she would pardon him a few days prior).

He caused 1/6 to happen. He's been saying he'd be a "dictator for a day" to get back at his political opponents. He's shut the press out of the WH before and probably will again.
    Sorry I just have to laugh at people who take the dictator for a day quip seriously. If he's a dictator for a day what happens on day 2?

I fully expect he'll use the full force of the office to go after his political opponents.
    You mean like what Biden is currently doing to Trump? Did you even consider that before you typed that?

and it wouldn't shock me if he used his crony friends to order revenge and assassination attempts on anyone trying to thwart his Presidency.

And...the Republicans in Congress will be willing accomplices.
    Assassination attempts? 😆 You sound just as looney as the media.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom