President Trump and First Lady have tested positive for Virus (Update: Trump to undergo televised ‘medical exam’ Friday night) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mistakes and incompetence are different than intentional murder. Comparing Trump with Bin Laden is apples and Cadillacs.

If you think of it as "harm caused by an ideology", the comparison stays within the produce group. The damage from Trump's ideology (or the one he's pushing for that matter) has a more insidious, long lasting effect than Bin Laden orchestrating 9/11, and it is more harmful in the long run.

I refuse to let myself act in the same way Trump does (he reveled in Hillary’s pneumonia and Romney having to isolate). I despise him for the person he is and I choose not to follow his example. So while I feel there is some poetic justice at play, I will still wish them all well and hope for a speedy recovery. I’m respectful because of who I am, not because of who he is. That’s what I always teach my kids.

I don't think wishing karma do its thing as letting myself act like anyone.

Also, you have to ask yourself the question: are we better off as a society with or without this individual, and what this individual's ideology foments?

As for respect, I'm old fashioned about that; personally, I teach my kids, respect is earned.

This is fair. I’ll have to learn to let it go, because I’ll never be able to understand it.

Trust me...i went thru this very progression with SFL about the military comments. I could have spent my entire day attempting to talk sense into someone who wanted none. I received a pm and had made the move to simply back out the conversation because it was just too close to home for me. It stirred up emotion that hindered my ability to not go off the rails immediately.

I suspect NO Bronco will have that same epiphany at some point and be better for it as well.

all good. No use going at each other when we all hope for a common outcome Nov 3.

I really don’t care if someone thinks I have no right to feel the way I do. Or calls it pompous or the same thing as what Trump is doing. I know in my heart I’m a much better person than he is.

I get it... but you are wrong IMO... If you act in the equal and opposite manner in when he does, and exhibit a lack of empathy - just from a different perspective for a different reason.... you are in fact no better than he is... the only real difference is he has the power and platform to project his, and you don't.

Be better... or don't.... whatever.... Just pointing it out... I am pretty sick of the double standard and blatant pot calling the kettle black.

Isn't Trump saying "Don't be afraid of Covid" after his treatment experience the same thing as saying "Don't be afraid of carjackers!" after someone tried to carjack the presidential motorcade and was quickly dispatched by a cadre of Secret Service officers?
    All you need to do is be president and get the best care in the world, with immediate response times. I mean, everyone should get a helicopter ride to their own personal suite at a major hospital.

Sure, Trump is an egomaniacal douche bag.... but some of you are pompously reveling in this.... and I am just chiming in to say...

Anyone that does that gets put on the equal and oppose Trump-Like level (IMO) for doing so... your political ideals shouldn't be a personality trait... and you should be better than that... *digressing*

I personally think he's full of it... and doesn't have Covid at all.... and for whatever reason, he thinks he can use this situation to his advantage prior to the election....
    Are you saying you're keeping a list?

I’ll admit to struggling with resisting the urge to hope he dies. He’s done so much damage to my country. And while it’s wrong to say that he’s responsible for all the Covid deaths, he is certainly responsible for a large number. If you took the death rate of Germany or even Italy and compared it to ours normalized by total population, I think it might be 100,000 unnecessary deaths. That’s a lot of families in pain and suffering. My own sister-in-law didn’t get to say goodbye to her husband, not that he directly died from Covid, but because the nursing home was on lockdown with a strict no visitors policy.

My son contracted the virus during the first week of school where he teaches in Missouri. This was largely because the governor is following Trump’s lead. It doesn’t matter the risk, we needed to open the schools.

And we watch this cruel clownish excuse for a human being having photographers, videographers, and hair dressers in every day. And deciding to go for a joy ride. It’s hard not to think he’s just evil.

I really don’t care if someone thinks I have no right to feel the way I do. Or calls it pompous or the same thing as what Trump is doing. I know in my heart I’m a much better person than he is.
    It requires a level of detachment from this reality(or an arrogance), to conclude that people pissed off and fed up, unwilling to placate to bullshirt civility politics, are simply demonstrating a similar sociopathy to that of the president

Truly, it’s a privilege I wish I had. To be that removed from the consequences, or that able to remove myself, that I could say shirt like that with a straight face and not immediately feel like shirt for victim blaming.

To be more animated and agitated by liberals and victims not sending the right vibes than sympathizing with the pain and frustration it takes a person to be so disgusted and fed up with the evil they have done that they no longer care if the president of their country lives or dies.

I get it... but you are wrong IMO... If you act in the equal and opposite manner in when he does, and exhibit a lack of empathy - just from a different perspective for a different reason.... you are in fact no better than he is... the only real difference is he has the power and platform to project his, and you don't.

Be better... or don't.... whatever.... Just pointing it out... I am pretty sick of the double standard and blatant pot calling the kettle black.

How have I acted in a similar manner because I simply cannot muster the energy to wish him well? I am no better than he is?

Exactly... equally and completely opposite... yet absolutely Trump-Like. Neither should be considered normal nor acceptable.
    Who's rhetoric here has contributed to the death of 210.000 people? While schadenfreude is undesirable to see in anyone, no one here has behaved in any way that is anything close to equal to Trump's behavior.

You know what's interesting? Making false equivalences is also one of Trump's favorite past times.

Last edited:

Again, utter forking bullshirt.

Where did MT ever disregard to death millions of people because they were in a blue state or blue city??? Spread disinformation that has led to countless lives being lost or irreparably affected? Agitated racial tensions that are leading to deadly consequences. And in no way will ever be properly held accountable for that.

The forking gall, the forking audacity to both-sides a murdering president with his victims because the victims are pissed off and angry.

I honestly can not say how little respect I have for people like you that are continuing to say this utter, nonsensical horse shirt.

Because either you have to severely downplay the harm this man has committed, think the only thing that matters in politics is how you signal, or you have to have such a low opinion of MT15 that its forking offensive.

If you rape and murder my family and I think you should be dead, it doesn’t make me no different than the murderer. The fork logic is this you all keep getting at.

There are some people the world is better without.
    As soon as anyone convinces themselves of this, then they have moved one step closer to thinking that we get to decide who the world would be better off without, which takes them one step closer to removing those people from the world.

It's a very dangerous mindset and is a necessary first step on the path toward both murder and mass murder.

Again, utter forking bullshirt.

Where did MT ever disregard to death millions of people because they were in a blue state or blue city??? Spread disinformation that has led to countless lives being lost or irreparably affected? Agitated racial tensions that are leading to deadly consequences. And in no way will ever be properly held accountable for that.

The forking gall, the forking audacity to both-sides a murdering president with his victims because the victims are pissed off and angry.

I honestly can not say how little respect I have for people like you that are continuing to say this utter, nonsensical horse shirt.

Because either you have to severely downplay the harm this man has committed, think the only thing that matters in politics is how you signal, or you have to have such a low opinion of MT15 that its forking offensive.

If you rape and murder my family and I think you should be dead, it doesn’t make me no different than the murderer. The fork logic is this you all keep getting at.

Again, you have to know your audience. He isnt gonna be swayed by this. He is firmly where he is and regardless if 500,000 die, wont change his stance.

so you are wasting your time on trying to explain to someone who has no intention of understanding it.

just simply skip his post.

As soon as anyone convinces themselves of this, then they have moved one step closer to thinking that we get to decide who the world would be better off without, which takes them one step closer to removing those people from the world.

It's a very dangerous mindset and is a necessary first step on the path toward both murder and mass murder.
    This is absurd. Acknowledging the world is better off without a monster doesn’t make you on the path to being a mass murderer.

The logic at work today, my god
    Again, you have to know your audience. He isnt gonna be swayed by this. He is firmly where he is and regardless if 500,000 die, wont change his stance.

so you are wasting your time on trying to explain to someone who has no intention of understanding it.

just simply skip his post.
    nah, you compare demonstrably good people to a murderer because they don’t vibe the way you want, I am going to stand up and say something.

fork that noise.

I agree. You have to watch yourself and choose those individuals very carefully lest you go to that extreme.

Of course, to my mind, the extreme in the other direction is just to let evil win.

Just for the record, the above is also true for anyone who in any way consistently defends, downplays, both sides, falsely equates and/or distracts from how bad and dangerous Trump is.

Someone spending most of their time and efforts doing any of those things is in no position to be pointing fingers at anyone else for anything else.

Yet, we do decide who the world would be better off without, every day, multiple times. Murderers, rapists, child molesters... whether we kill them or lock them behind bars, aren't we better off without them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom