President Trump and First Lady have tested positive for Virus (Update: Trump to undergo televised ‘medical exam’ Friday night) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I’m fully in agreement with those that say that nothing good comes of this, despite the natural “I told you so” reaction.

here is a guy who knows the various military protocols. He knew that Trump was positive because the “doomsday” planes were launched. Our military state of alertness has automatically gone up a level. This just isn’t good, no matter what you think of the President.

So the reporting is that Trump was aware that he was exposed Thursday morning and then later on Thursday he went to an in-person fundraiser where no one wore masks.. guess he again didn't want to cause a panic..

Just another thing to drag his arse over.

How can we be sure he actually has it? Would he really have tweeted this news? Could it not be some gimmick where in 3 or 4 days he tweets "have recovered and it was no big deal"? He has always been looking to downplay the severity and undermine the science dealing with this.

He has cried wolf so many times we think wolves deliver brandy to those stuck in Swiss snow drifts.

Whether he has it or not, there's no way to believe him nor should anyone care. It's a lie or it's not, but he's a liar and he's surely not doing the job of POTUS so I don't see where it matters.

My gut is that he's lying and that it's a way to make himself an excuse not to debate again.

Oh press secretary was exposed as well and knew it? And then went on to give the briefing yesterday in that small room? Jesus..

One thing this will show us is that a lot of people who hate him for how he treats people or what he says will show everyone they are no different than he is. It doesn’t take a lot to be a compassionate decent human being regardless of who the person you show compassion to is. Because someone is a piece of shirt doesn’t make it ok for you to act like one also. With that said I pray he and his family a speedy recovery and that they come away unscathed.

what you say is true, but remember also you don’t know how individuals here have been personally affected by Trump completely bungling our response to the pandemic. It has affected my family (fairly benignly) and my husband’s business (possibly catastrophically). I won’t be pointing fingers at people for having whatever genuine response here that they feel. It doesn’t affect Trump, or anyone else if they vent a little.

While it is understandable that some people might take pleasure in the cosmic justice of Trump getting the virus after months of downplaying its seriousness, I lean towards FTP's take. Should Trump have a more severe case, it could have unforeseen ramifications. Currently our country has bad leadership, but depending on how much Trump is incapacitated, we could have no leadership over the coming few months and we don't know how enemies abroad or bad actors domestically might choose to try to take advantage of the void. The uncertainty of the moment is worse than the certainty of a president who is still probably seen by the world at large as being "in control."

The reality is that our nation has a mechanism in place for the vice president to be in charge in the absence or incapacity of the president. But Pence is seen by most to be weak and that could prove unsettling. Of course, Trump may not experience severe symptoms and he could manage to maintain at least the appearance of being well enough to continue to perform his duties. We don't know how it's going to turn out, but that uncertainty itself is a big part of the problem to me.

From a political perspective, I think it would be good if he got just sick enough to keep him off the airwaves for a month, causing the debates to be canceled and to keep him from continuing to stir division among Americans. I think the country would be well served if he were unable to tweet for a month or so. Assuming Biden wins the election, the focus can begin to be what directions our country will take over the next four years rather than what our president's beef of the day is.

Beyond that seriousness though, I’m just really not gonna shame someone for having their catharsis moment.

200,000 are dead, 100’s of thousands unemployed or seeing reduced income because of this monster’s poor leadership, and the man most directly responsible for it now has it due to his own ghoulish ignorance ...IMO, make a meme if you want.

I wouldn’t presume there’s going to be a cathartic moment. He’s going to have immediate medical attention of the highest magnitude. He’s likely to have a mild case perhaps in part due to that immediate high-quality care, and then he’ll be back to doing what he does.

I think there’s just as much chance that a mild case validates (in his mind) his belief that it’s not a big deal unless you’re weak or compromised as there is that it becomes a wake-up moment.

Last edited:
    I wouldn’t presume there’s going to be a cathartic moment. He’s going to have immediate medical attention of the highest magnitude. He’s likely to have a mild case perhaps in part due to that immediate high-quality care, and then he’ll be back to doing what he does.

I there’s just as much chance that a mild case validates (in his mind) his belief that it’s not a big deal unless you’re weak or compromised as there is that it becomes a wake-up moment.

That couldn't be more spot on.

The level of care he will receive is not the same as you or I would get.

But in his mind, of course it is.

I there’s just as much chance that a mild case validates (in his mind) his belief that it’s not a big deal unless you’re weak or compromised as there is that it becomes a wake-up moment.

This is what I’m worried about

“See, it’s not that big of a deal”

So I said, what if I take anti-inflammatories with antibiotics at the same time . . . nobody has ever thought of that before. They said “Mr. President, it’s like you went to medical school!”
    Is it bad that I have to ask if that's real?

I'm also thinking if he came into contact with or even speaking distance on stage with Biden there's a decent chance Biden may have it

I think it all depends on the viral load got. If it was high enough in the period that he wasn't wearing mask and was being exposed to it, then there's a good probability he'll have a severe case even with early and aggressive treatment given his age and weight. I would think that's highly likely given the number of people exposed around him and the tight quarters they were in. We know it doesn't take much.

As for it being a ruse to just come out and proclaim in a few days that's he's fine and conquered the virus, IDK. I guess we'll have to wait a few days and see. I wouldn't put it past him, but I also think the last thing he'd want to tweet out is that he got the virus.

I can't think of a single issue where Trump's continued involvement is a good thing. Anyone who fears chaos or instability at POTUS being incapacitated hasn't, IMO, been paying attention to this particular POTUS.
    I think a bigger concern is how sick does Trump need to be to transfer power to the VP. What kind of decisions will he make if under a high fever?

There is a lot to unpack about all of this. If he has a mild case, will it embolden him and further undermine mask usage and social distancing? If he has a bad case a dies or is at least intubated for a while, what does that do for the election, coronavirus relief, etc?

There is a lot of karma here, but... man...

I'm also thinking if he came into contact with or even speaking distance on stage with Biden there's a decent chance Biden may have it

It's hard to say, it was quite a big space and how it was air conditioned and ventilated matters - but they were close enough for long enough that it's certainly possible.

Apparently the Biden camp hasn't said anything yet today? That's sort of curious but it is still quite early in the news day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom