/* */

Nancy Pelosi's husband attacked in home (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    This could go in several threads but deserves one of its own. Apparently, the suspect got into the home and was looking for the Speaker. The police saw some of the attack and the spouse is in surgery. Social media accounts point to him being an election denier. This is pretty forked up.

If you're not hunting for meat then you're murdering the animal. All conscious creatures, not just us great apes, are sentient beings.
    So if a person kills a dog, that person committed murder and the judicial system should punish him accordingly, like life in prison or the death penalty?

I think your ideology is getting in the way of reason again.

I was raised in a Christian household and those are not the values I was taught. This doesn't have anything to do with hunting. This has to do with an armed man breaking into the Pelosi home and attacking Paul Pelosi with the stated intention of engaging in a brutal physical assault on Nancy Pelosi. Do you think laughing about this and trivializing it squares with your values?
    Is it wrong that I just don't care? I could care less, just like Mr. Pelosi would care less if I had a home invasion. If this was a plumber in Ohio, no one would care so why should be be clutching pearls over this? Because it is a reflection of our society because it happens in politics?

So in a sense, caring in a virtue signal.

Is it wrong that I just don't care? I could care less, just like Mr. Pelosi would care less if I had a home invasion. If this was a plumber in Ohio, no one would care so why should be be clutching pearls over this? Because it is a reflection of our society because it happens in politics?

It's "couldn't care less"

We should care because caring about our fellow human beings should be the default position. The real question is if this were a random plumber in Ohio, would so many people on the right be sharing memes and laughing about it?

Well in that sense, wouldn't the 'virtue signaling' label fit squarely on pro-lifers for giving a shirt what happens in other people's lives?

(To say, it's a rather meaningless term because it fits whatever view you have)

So if a person kills a dog, that person committed murder and the judicial system should punish him accordingly, like life in prison or the death penalty?

I think your ideology is getting in the way of reason again.

I never said murdering an animal should get you the death penalty. Obviously, society doesn't demand that.

Last edited:

You should care because it's politically motivated and therefore fits into the category of ever increasing political violence.

Obviously.

It's "couldn't care less"
    No, I was right. This old dude, I could care less. If it was someone insufferable like AOC or her ilk, then I couldn't careless.

But, thanks for you attempted grammar nazi approach. It is very nostalgic from the old wild west days of AOL chat rooms, when the kids would argue.

We should care because caring about our fellow human beings should be the default position. The real question is if this were a random plumber in Ohio, would so many people on the right be sharing memes and laughing about it?
    Yes, I do love it when the left lectures the rest of us on the 'default position' humans should take. It is comical.
    Only if it was a transgender plumber who traded in bitcoin.

Or I can just hold you out as a model and the point remains!
    It appears this is how you judge the world, so who am I to stop you from being short sighted and divisive? Carry on my wayward son...

I never said murdering an animal should get you the death penalty. Obviously, society doesn't demand that.
    You are correct, because society has never considered murder to be the killing of anything but a human. Do you deny that?

You are correct, because society has never considered murder to be the killing of anything but a human. Do you deny that?
    I deny that you've got a life. I don't deny that you're an insufferable, argumentative, bore.

If team A beats team B 50 to 0, therefore murdering them, should they go to jail?

Stop being such a literalist.

Last edited:
    Well in that sense, wouldn't the 'virtue signaling' label fit squarely on pro-lifers for giving a shirt what happens in other people's lives?

(To say, it's a rather meaningless term because it fits whatever view you have)
    Not following your line of thought.
    Is your stance that since a 'pro-lifer' wants to see a baby have the right to life, then they should also feel responsible for how that child/person lives their life as opposed to the person that living the life?
    Would that not be authoritarian? Would you be more comfortable if, as 'pro-lifers' also demanded that all children that have the right to life also attend church every Sundays, obtain a HS diploma and have a steady job and avoid having children outside of marriage? I don't think you would and I would not eiter.
    Most 'pro-lifers' (I consider myself anti-abortion) believe that one has a right to live their life how they choose and responsible for the decision you make in that life, obviously there are expectations. For example, just because you can, doesn't mean you can murder someone. And now we come back around to abortion.

I actually thought a conversation you and I had about this subject. You asked what would be my advice if you and your girlfriend/wife who did not want to have children got pregnant. I said I would say 'congrats -babies are a blessing'. That actually helped me personally very recently when I found out my girlfriend and I are expect a baby. We both have older kids and with our/my age (she is younger) so this was unexpected in a big way. Not saying it was balloons and streamers from when we first found out, but it is a blessing and we are both so blessed and only hope for a healthy and happy new baby.

Is your stance that since a 'pro-lifer' wants to see a baby have the right to life, then they should also feel responsible for how that child/person lives their life as opposed to the person that living the life?
    Would that not be authoritarian? Would you be more comfortable if, as 'pro-lifers' also demanded that all children that have the right to life also attend church every Sundays, obtain a HS diploma and have a steady job and avoid having children outside of marriage? I don't think you would and I would not eiter.
    Most 'pro-lifers' (I consider myself anti-abortion) believe that one has a right to live their life how they choose and responsible for the decision you make in that life, obviously there are expectations. For example, just because you can, doesn't mean you can murder someone. And now we come back around to abortion.

I actually thought a conversation you and I had about this subject. You asked what would be my advice if you and your girlfriend/wife who did not want to have children got pregnant. I said I would say 'congrats -babies are a blessing'. That actually helped me personally very recently when I found out my girlfriend and I are expect a baby. We both have older kids and with our/my age (she is younger) so this was unexpected in a big way. Not saying it was balloons and streamers from when we first found out, but it is a blessing and we are both so blessed and only hope for a healthy and happy new baby.
    I'll respond later but I think you took what I was saying to be more complicated than it was.

Yes we did have a conversation in regards to that.

Yes, I do love it when the left lectures the rest of us on the 'default position' humans should take. It is comical.
    Only if it was a transgender plumber who traded in bitcoin.

Do you agree or disagree with the notion that the default position should be to care about our fellow human beings?

I'll respond later but I think you took what I was saying to be more complicated than it was.

Yes we did have a conversation in regards to that.
    Yeah I don't really have a lot to add actually to my original post.. was really just saying that we're all guilty, if you will, of 'virtue signaling' all the freakin' time regardless of our political affiliation, religious beliefs, or whatever else.

We just tend to only recognize it as such when it's done in support of something we're not particularly fond of.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom