Nancy Pelosi's husband attacked in home (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    This could go in several threads but deserves one of its own. Apparently, the suspect got into the home and was looking for the Speaker. The police saw some of the attack and the spouse is in surgery. Social media accounts point to him being an election denier. This is pretty forked up.

Exactly. I hate olives. I think anyone that eats olives are savages. I don't consider eating olives to be a sin.

Can you explain why hunting is a sin or 'unchristian'?

Also, do you consider yourself a Christian?
    We aren't talking about just "hunting animals" as in for meat. We're talking about killing trophy animals for no reason other than to say you did it. Explain to me how murdering an animal like a lion to put on your wall, or use as a rug, is the Christian thing to do.

Out of his mouth he preaches about the threat to Christianity by the left yet he kills animals for no reason. His own hypocrisy is a bigger threat to Christianity than the left is IMO.

Last edited:
    The grand jury indictment of the man who allegedly attacked Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, has thoroughly dismantled conspiracy theories that the violent incident was a lovers quarrel between the men.

David DePape, 42, was indicted by a grand jury on Wednesday in connection with his alleged attack against Mr Pelosi on 28 October.

According to Politico, he was charged with a single count of assault on an immediate family member of a US official with the intent to retaliate against the official on account of the performance of duties, and a single count of attempted kidnapping of a US official on account of their performance of official duties.

According to the Justice Department, the charges could land Mr DePape in jail for up to 50 years if he is convicted.

Last edited:
    The meme trivialized a home invasion and an attempted murder. I think minimizing and laughing at elderly people being assaulted is unchristian. Unless, of course, you can show me somewhere in the bible that makes this sort of behavior ok.
    Are you a christian?

I also asked about hunting. Why do you consider hunting an 'unchristian' act?

We aren't talking about just "hunting animals" as in for meat. We're talking about killing trophy animals for no reason other than to say you did it. Explain to me how murdering an animal like a lion to put on your wall, or use as a rug, is the Christian thing to do.

Out of his mouth he preaches about the threat to Christianity by the left yet he kills animals for no reason. His own hypocrisy is a bigger threat to Christianity than the left is IMO.
    First, before we even go into this, you need to explain to me how you can 'murder' and animal that is not a human?

The grand jury indictment of the man who allegedly attacked Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, has thoroughly dismantled conspiracy theories that the violent incident was a lovers quarrel between the men.

David DePape, 42, was indicted by a grand jury on Wednesday in connection with his alleged attack against Mr Pelosi on 28 October.

According to Politico, he was charged with a single count of assault on an immediate family member of a US official with the intent to retaliate against the official on account of the performance of duties, and a single count of attempted kidnapping of a US official on account of their performance of official duties.

According to the Justice Department, the charges could land Mr DePape in jail for up to 50 years if he is convicted.

I can't wait until his testimony starts up.

First, before we even go into this, you need to explain to me how you can 'murder' and animal that is not a human?
    If you're not hunting for meat then you're murdering the animal. All conscious creatures, not just us great apes, are sentient beings.

Last edited:
    Are you a christian?

I also asked about hunting. Why do you consider hunting an 'unchristian' act?

I was raised in a Christian household and those are not the values I was taught. This doesn't have anything to do with hunting. This has to do with an armed man breaking into the Pelosi home and attacking Paul Pelosi with the stated intention of engaging in a brutal physical assault on Nancy Pelosi. Do you think laughing about this and trivializing it squares with your values?

If you're not hunting for meat then you're murdering the animal. All conscious creatures, not just us great apes, are sentient beings.

FYI this argument dove tails nicely in with abortion. The good arguments for when abortion should be made illegal starts at when does a human become conscious in the womb? The heartbeat, and conception arguments both have massive logic holes.

Also, for anyone who doesn't know. The answer to when does a baby become conscious? 24 weeks.

Eh, I'm on Team Sapiens. Everything else is meat.
    Which is not to say we should kill rare/endangered species. Once they're gone, they're gone and we have incomplete information at best on what role they play.

Also, a woman has an absolute right to withhold consent at any time from penetration to birth. It's up to her doctor to determine if he's going to perform a delivery or an abortion.

Eh, I'm on Team Sapiens. Everything else is meat.
    Which is not to say we should kill rare/endangered species. Once they're gone, they're gone and we have incomplete information at best on what role they play.

Also, a woman has an absolute right to withhold consent at any time from penetration to birth. It's up to her doctor to determine if he's going to perform a delivery or an abortion.

I'm not sure what a women's right to an abortion has to do with my take on spending 10s of thousands of dollars to kill a lion for no reason.

"Eh, I'm on Team Sapiens. Everything else is meat."

I think I've made it clear that I have no problem with hunting for meat.

Last edited:
    FYI this argument dove tails nicely in with abortion. The good arguments for when abortion should be made illegal starts at when does a human become conscious in the womb? The heartbeat, and conception arguments both have massive logic holes.

Also, for anyone who doesn't know. The answer to when does a baby become conscious? 24 weeks.
    Well, for you, but I'm for women's choice and against hunting purely for sport and not for meat.

Well, for you, but I'm for women's choice and against hunting purely for sport and not for meat.

Oh I have massive problems with the thought process that believes a woman should be able to abort a fully conscious baby in the third trimester. While also you are against killing animals with consciousness?

That doesn't seem like a consistent world view. I would need to hear the counter argument to this.

Oh I have massive problems with the thought process that believes a woman should be able to abort a fully conscious baby in the third trimester. While also you are against killing animals with consciousness?

That doesn't seem like a consistent world view. I would need to hear the counter argument to this.
    Are you trying to say that the awareness of a fetus is equal to the awareness of a fully conscience living being that is out operating in the world?

"The emergence of human consciousness: from fetal to neonatal life​

Hugo Lagercrantz 1, Jean-Pierre Changeux
    Affiliations expand

Abstract​

A simple definition of consciousness is sensory awareness of the body, the self, and the world. The fetus may be aware of the body, for example by perceiving pain. It reacts to touch, smell, and sound, and shows facial expressions responding to external stimuli. However, these reactions are probably preprogrammed and have a subcortical nonconscious origin. Furthermore, the fetus is almost continuously asleep and unconscious partially due to endogenous sedation."

Last edited:

Of course she should. It doesn't stop being her uterus at any time.
    What changes is the doctor's response.
    In his/her professional opinion, is the upcoming eviction a delivery or not?

Nobody aborts third trimester babies unless they have died, are dying, or will die. And then it’s more like induced labor unless the mother’s health is such that she cannot undergo labor. Nobody does that. This is a lie that anti-abortion people tell.

Nobody aborts third trimester babies unless they have died, are dying, or will die. And then it’s more like induced labor unless the mother’s health is such that she cannot undergo labor. Nobody does that. This is a lie that anti-abortion people tell.
    And its a lie that all anti-abortion people believe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom