Media Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

Next I will say the Earth orbits the Sun and you will ask for a reference. I did not say anything that is not common knowledge.

I also said that most STEM people are likely moderates. I did not say or imply they are Republicans.

We have plenty of evidence that the earth orbits the sun. It's common knowledge.

What you are saying is not common knowledge, therefore your lack of sources makes it a meaningless statement.

We have plenty of evidence that the earth orbits the sun. It's common knowledge.

What you are saying is not common knowledge, therefore your lack of sources makes it a meaningless statement.
    I said that the Democrats control city government and the school board in most large urban cities. Do you really need a reference for that?

I also said the majority of professors in humanities and social sciences are lefties. I provided a study.

first: you act as if the STEM departments must be full of conservatives if they are not your current epithet for liberals or marxists. I don’t believe that to be true at all. I imagine you would find that there are plenty of Democratic leaning folks in those fields.
    As someone in the ”T” field, for ~20 years, in Louisiana - IT is a heavily left leaning field.

I said that the Democrats control city government and the school board in most large urban cities. Do you really need a reference for that?

I also said the majority of professors in humanities and social sciences are lefties. I provided a study.

You said a hell of a lot more than that. You're cherry-picking your own statements.

You said a hell of a lot more than that. You're cherry-picking your own statements.
    I also said:
    "The public education system has been in the hands of the extreme left in major urban predominantly blue areas for at least five decades. They have absolute control of the school board."
    Here is a list of 50 cities. The overwhelming majority are under Democratic control:

I will gladly admit that public education is also in the toilet in rural red areas; the problem is systemic.

I also said:
    "The public education system has been in the hands of the extreme left in major urban predominantly blue areas for at least five decades. They have absolute control of the school board."
    Here is a list of 50 cities. The overwhelming majority are under Democratic control:

I will gladly admit that public education is also in the toilet in rural red areas; the problem is systemic.

Can you name these school districts run by the "extreme left" for the last 50 years? Can you define "extreme left"? Can you show how these districts are "in the toilet"?

And this isn't all. You also used that survey you posted, which is mostly worthless, to make a bunch of wild assertions about college educators in the STEM fields.

Can you name these school districts run by the "extreme left" for the last 50 years? Can you define "extreme left"? Can you show how these districts are "in the toilet"?

And this isn't all. You also used that survey you posted, which is mostly worthless, to make a bunch of wild assertions about college educators in the STEM fields.
    The quality of a school is related to the affluence where the school is located. The children of affluent parents do better in school and hence it makes the school district in affluent areas look better.

Large urban centers have pockets of extreme poverty and schools that are run by an all democratic government. There are no Republicans running the schools in the poor areas of Baltimore, Washington DC, Chicago, NO, Milwaukee, LA, etc.

Education starts at home.

Schools should teach the basics and put less emphasis on racial indoctrination.

The quality of a school is related to the affluence where the school is located. The children of affluent parents do better in school and hence it makes the school district in affluent areas look better.

Large urban centers have pockets of extreme poverty and schools that are run by an all democratic government. There are no Republicans running the schools in the poor areas of Baltimore, Washington DC, Chicago, NO, Milwaukee, LA, etc.

Schools should teach the basics and put less emphasis on racial indoctrination.

None of this has a damn thing to do with the questions I asked. Perhaps you should state your evidence.

None of this has a damn thing to do with the questions I asked. Perhaps you should state your evidence.
    Paul is a robot programmed to comment and interject into conversations only if his role in the conversation will be to derail it. He must never get tricked into directly answering a question.

Paul is a robot programmed to comment and interject into conversations only if his role in the conversation will be to derail it. He must never get tricked into directly answering a question.

I've got people on the ground at the Russian bot farm looking for sparks and smoke, just in case it goes badly.

good luck with that. I'm still waiting on his source of evidence that colleges are indoctrinating students for a culture war
    Are you able to have a discussion regarding the statements below?

Are you able to have a discussion regarding the statements below?

Kids born into good situations do better than kids born into bad situations.

Kids born into bad situations probably have parents who were born into bad situations.

You can blame the parents, but they were kids who were born into bad situations. At what point do the innocent kids born into bad situations become the guilty parents bringing kids into bad situations?

Political parties don't have anything to do with it. Stop trying to promote tribalism.

Paul, you conveniently switch from “radical left” to just plain “Democrats”. You use the words interchangeably. This is at the very least sloppy writing. As an alternative it could be another “tell” that you are not as moderate as you say. I don’t know which is correct.

Kids born into good situations do better than kids born into bad situations.

Kids born into bad situations probably have parents who were born into bad situations.

You can blame the parents, but they were kids who were born into bad situations. At what point do the innocent kids born into bad situations become the guilty parents bringing kids into bad situations?

Political parties don't have anything to do with it. Stop trying to promote tribalism.
    That is the problem Samiam. How can the homes that do not promote education be fixed? This would require a drastic in the current dogma which has been more money for schools where kids do not thrive. I would say let's fix the homes of those children.

The above is not an easy task, but we know of anecdotal children who come out of a poor situation and do well. I propose a Marshall program for the homes of the poor.

Paul, you conveniently switch from “radical left” to just plain “Democrats”. You use the words interchangeably. This is at the very least sloppy writing. As an alternative it could be another “tell” that you are not as moderate as you say. I don’t know which is correct.
    Those radical lefties are democrats and I often miss the demarcation between them. I am a registered independent, but admittedly there are some conservative positions I like such as hard work, independence, family, courtesy, good manners, etc. and of course capitalism

There are many things i love on the left such as Medicare for all. However, I detest those on the left that have a need tom use the F word in every sentence. That is now showing in many Netflix shows.

That is the problem Samiam. How can the homes that do not promote education be fixed? This would require a drastic in the current dogma which has been more money for schools where kids do not thrive. I would say let's fix the homes of those children.

The above is not an easy task, but we know of anecdotal children who come out of a poor situation and do well. I propose a Marshall program for the homes of the poor.
    You JUST said it was the democrats fault.

Now you are claiming that we take boatloads of money from the rich and prop up the poor communities.

I get being non binary, but you are often bipolar when it comes to political views. Its like you're a radical non binary extremist.

You JUST said it was the democrats fault.
    I also said schools were inn the toilet in Republican areas.
    Now you are claiming that we take boatloads of money from the rich and prop up the poor communities.
    It is not so much giving them money. They need new cultural values. Money alone will not solve the problem. Poverty is often a cultural issue.
    I get being non binary, but you are often bipolar when it comes to political views. Its like you're a radical non binary extremist.
    Samian, God bless you.

Since I am a centrist I am supposed to sound bipolar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom