Media Tracker (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

Those radical lefties are democrats and I often miss the demarcation between them. I am a registered independent, but admittedly there are some conservative positions I like such as hard work, independence, family, courtesy, good manners, etc. and of course capitalism

There are many things i love on the left such as Medicare for all. However, I detest those on the left that have a need tom use the F word in every sentence. That is now showing in many Netflix shows.

Those aren't conservative positions and to claim that they are is to negatively stereotype every single Democrat. Take this divisive rhetoric and tribalism somewhere else.

Those aren't conservative positions and to claim that they are is to negatively stereotype every single Democrat. Take this divisive rhetoric and tribalism somewhere else.
    "Hard work, independence, family, courtesy, good manners"

Ok, I am glad to hear that. Let's try to use courtesy with each other. How about acting like gentlemen and leave behind the aggressive behavior? How about discussing issue rather that constantly posting silly remarks?

Ok, I am glad to hear that. Let's try to use courtesy with each other. How about acting like gentlemen and leave behind the aggressive behavior? How about discussing issue rather that constantly posting silly remarks?
    Paul, you consistently insult the people on this board in an extremely passive aggressive way. You use pejoratives and freely admit they are pejorative and yet continue to use them.

You have stated that you see all Democrats as extremists. You have assigned good values to conservatives and bad values to liberals. You pick and choose ethnic identities and do the same, assign good values to some and bad values to others.

When you get insults, it’s not coming from nowhere. Often you have said something insulting first. I do wish you had some self-awareness on this matter.

Paul, you consistently insult the people on this board in an extremely passive aggressive way. You use pejoratives and freely admit they are pejorative and yet continue to use them.

You have stated that you see all Democrats as extremists. You have assigned good values to conservatives and bad values to liberals. You pick and choose ethnic identities and do the same, assign good values to some and bad values to others.

When you get insults, it’s not coming from nowhere. Often you have said something insulting first. I do wish you had some self-awareness on this matter.
    MT

I am not a choir boy, I did post an ugly meme to a pesky poster, but I stay away from Ad Hominem. The issue with some posters is that they feel insulted by arguments they cannot refute.

Last edited:
    As most non-believers I know the bible better than believers. The Sermon on the Mount makes a lot of good points even if there was never a Jesus.
    Actually, little FWIW, there are a number of ancient Jewish historians, like Flavius Josephus in Antiquities of the Jews and The Jewish Wars, and some of the writings of Philo of Alexandria who mentioned Jesus(or Yeshua) as a radical, working-class rabbi from Galilee,. northern Isreal region who was considered a Zealot-like revolutionary like earlier Jewish religious rabbi-led rebellions like Judas of Galilee after Herod the Great's death in 4 C.E. Both Jewish historians and philosophers mentioned both Jesus and his cousin,.John the Baptist, numerous times. Later on, in the 2nd and 3rd centuries, even Roman historians like Tacitus and Cassius Dio made references to Pontius Pilate, The Roman procurator (governor) convicting radical Jewish zealots.

So, most classical or Biblical historians will tell you there was an historical flesh-and-blood Jesus who lived and died over 2,000 years ago in Roman-dominated Judea. And most classicists will also tell you that most early followers, The Jewish-offshoot religion based in Jerusalem, of Christianity viewed Christ as human being, not necessarily as both man and divine incarnate.

The books of Ecclesiastes, Psalms, Apostle Paul's personal faith-based life-long religious commentary in Ephesians, I and II Corinthians, and Thessolonians also make some very good notable points.

Last edited:
    Actually, little FWIW, there are a number of ancient Jewish historians, like Flavius Josephus in Antiquities of the Jews and The Jewish Wars, and some of the writings of Philo of Alexandria who mentioned Jesus(or Yeshua) as a radical, working-class rabbi from Galilee,. northern Isreal region who was considered a Zealot-like revolutionary like earlier Jewish religious rabbi-led rebellions like Judas of Galilee after Herod the Great's death in 4 C.E. Both Jewish historians and philosophers mentioned both Jesus and his cousin,.John the Baptist, numerous times. Later on, in the 2nd and 3rd centuries, even Roman historians like Tacitus and Cassius Dio made references to Pontius Pilate, The Roman procurator (governor) convicting radical Jewish zealots.

So, most classical or Biblical historians will tell you there was an historical flesh-and-blood Jesus who lived and died over 2,000 years ago in Roman-dominated Judea. And most classicists will also tell you that most early followers, The Jewish-offshoot religion based in Jerusalem, of Christianity viewed Christ as human being, not necessarily as both man and divine incarnate.
    Great post!
    Thanks for the info.
    If we take the mythological aspects out of the NT there is valuable advice. The Sermon on the Mount is the center of Christianity.

You regularly paint large groups of people in a negative light, including posters on this board. You have no leg to stand on.

Oh, and you didn't deny a gosh darned thing. Like MT said, you assign good qualities to the right and negative qualities to the left. The next honest post you make will be the forking first.

Revisiting this to show how Daily Caller falsely ID’d two people as being part of this stupid stunt, leading to them getting harassed and threatened online.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom