Media Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

So the South African-born billionaire owner of the LA Times found out his paper was going to endorse Harris and stopped it. No, not Musk, we have another one. 😡

I’ll say it over and over again billionaires are a ******* threat to any kind of a fair and just nation and system of government, Sure there seem to be some decent ones, but the threat of the bad ones can’t be overstated or overlooked. This is what capitalism hands us.
    I used to think capitalism could be regulated, but ultimately those with great wealth have the power to twist the system to their desire, regardless of millions of peons, oh, I mean citizens. 😳 The citizens don’t have a single mind. We’re like herding cats. A great majority of us would have to be in the economic dumps to get us on the same page and this is happening in the reported wealthiest country in the world. I also say we’re forked a lot.😔

Here is something that should be a bigger story and a perfect example of what is to come if the GOP gets their way.
    The U.S. Naval Academy is under fire after it invited — then uninvited — a distinguished expert on authoritarianism and fascism to give a lecture.

Dr. Ruth Ben-Ghiat is a professor of history and Italian Studies at New York University, where her bio says she “writes about fascism, authoritarianism, propaganda, and the threats these present to democracies around the world.” She is the author of books on fascism and serves as an advisor to the nonpartisan nonprofit organization Protect Democracy. She is also an MSNBC opinion columnist, where she appears as a commentator, as she does on other news networks.
    Her invite was spiked by The Heritage Foundation and its Republican allies in congress. DoD recognized the need and the GOP saw it as a threat to their agenda.
    Outrage started on Oct. 2 on the conservative think tank’s propaganda organ, The Daily Signal. It spread to other conservative opinion outlets, and wording from it was echoed in letters from Republican members of Congress.

“Families whose sons and daughters are attending this august military institution should be outraged by the academy’s partisan indoctrination of future officers of the U.S. Navy,” Heritage Foundation mouthpieces Hans von Spakovsky and Cully Stimson wrote.

Foundation “researchers” Matthew Lee and Wilson Beaver made the connection a month after Ben-Ghiat’s announcement and simply made up the rest, assuming she planned to attack Trump.

“One can debate the hallucinations that apparently inhabit the mind of this so-called historian from New York University,” Spakovsky and Stimson wrote, “but the more important point is that her venomous, partisan attack on a political candidate involves the Naval Academy, which is sponsoring her lecture in direct violation of Defense Department rules.”

One day later, U.S. Rep. Keith Self — a West Point graduate who represents a district north and northeast of Dallas — wrote Vice Adm. Yvette M. Davids, the academy superintendent, and demanded that she cancel the lecture.
    Below contains the letter to the Naval Academy from congressional Republicans:

This should be national news because it shows the walk to authoritarianism already in action thanks to the GOP and its Heritage Foundation.

>>>This should be national news because it shows the walk to authoritarianism already in action thanks to the GOP and its Heritage Foundation.

I think you meant to type "the Heritage Foundation and it's GOP." The same core group of old $$$/racist/end-times-seeking evangelists were the ones who infiltrated/co-opted the Republican party of our parents. Follow the money.

>>>This should be national news because it shows the walk to authoritarianism already in action thanks to the GOP and its Heritage Foundation.

I think you meant to type "the Heritage Foundation and it's GOP." The same core group of old $$$/racist/end-times-seeking evangelists were the ones who infiltrated/co-opted the Republican party of our parents. Follow the money.
    You are correct!

Homan is one of the principal authors of Project 2025, IIRC. And what he is ignoring is that there are lots of families that contain both citizens and non-citizens. They will either have to separate families or they will be forcibly deporting American citizens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom