Justice Breyer reportedly to retire (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

An early list of judges that are being discussed as possible replacements:

DC Circuit Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson
    1643228780891.png

California Supreme Court Justice Leondra Kruger
    1643228813754.png

South Carolina US District Court Judge J. Michelle Childs
    1643228859320.png

Sherrilyn Ifill
    1643228922277.png

Anita Earls

1643228968923.png

District Judge Wilhelmina "Mimi" Wright
    1643229083785.png

Circuit Judge Eunice Lee
    1643229128273.png

Circuit Judge Candace Jackson-Akiwumi
    1643229162416.png

District Judge Wilhelmina "Mimi" Wright
    1643229083785.png

Circuit Judge Eunice Lee
    1643229128273.png

Circuit Judge Candace Jackson-Akiwumi
    1643229162416.png
    Gotta give a nope to all three of these potentials. As was mentioned earlier, he needs to nominate someone who has a few decades to give.

I really wish Michelle had an interest in sitting on the bench. I would nominate her in a heartbeat.

Gotta give a nope to all three of these potentials. As was mentioned earlier, he needs to nominate someone who has a few decades to give.

I really wish Michelle had an interest in sitting on the bench. I would nominate her in a heartbeat.

Kruger is 45.

The question is: can the GOP stall the nomination for 3 years? :hihi:
    They could and would if they were in the majority in the Senate. But they’re not so they can’t.

ETA: Old Mitch already has stated that if he is the majority leader, no Biden nominations to the Supreme Court would be advanced. No matter how long until the election. We already saw that the length of time until the election means nothing to Rs with Barrett.

It’s being said on tv that Clyburn is throwing his weight behind Childs, which makes sense since she is from South Carolina.

And unless he really goes rogue here and chooses to screw Biden and the rest of the Democratic party (which is not going to happen, at least to an extent that would prevent Biden from placing someone on the Court), here's a prime situation where it pays dividends to still have Manchin in the Senate as a Democrat.

What happened: Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said he's open to supporting President Joe Biden's nominee to the Supreme Court, even if the pick is more ideologically liberal than he is.

"Whoever he puts up will have experience and we'll be able to judge them off of that. But as far as just the philosophical beliefs, no, that will not prohibit me from supporting somebody."

Democrats can exhale: It's always good to get these things stated publicly but — as we noted yesterday — this shouldn't really be a big surprise. Manchin and fellow centrist Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) have supported Biden's judicial picks this year ... unlike other parts of his agenda.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom