Justice Breyer reportedly to retire (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll have to look at this later, but yeah I agree. Noam Chomsky said that Obama would have been considered a moderate Republican several decades ago. That to me speaks just how far right the right has moved since then.

1/6 was my tipping point too. I notice a lot of older people portray this as just something that will smooth over or settle back down to "normal" after a few years. Problem is "this" is the new normal now. Trump-ism is the new normal. We lost that "oh those people are crazy but in the minority" excuse a while back. I remember the TEA party and all those lunatics, and how many of us chuckled by their antics. Back then I never thought they would essentially take over the entire republican party. Fast forward a decade later and that is essentially what happened.
    Take this quote and apply it to most Republicans.

Jim the Waco Kid: [to Bart, after the old woman insults him] What did you expect? 'Welcome, sonny?' "Make yourself at home?" 'Marry my daughter?' You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the New West. You know...morons.

hypocrites gonna hypocrite
    and lets not forget how they were obstructionists with Obama's nomination

“We should not sacrifice the integrity of our constitutional advice and consent responsibility to meet an arbitrary timeline. The Court’s next term doesn’t begin until October, so there’s absolutely no need to rush,” Sen. Chuck Grassley (Iowa), the top Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said in a statement Monday.

Barrett was confirmed in 27 days — a much faster process than is typical for Supreme Court nominees. (Since 1975, the average time from nomination to confirmation has been 67 days, according to the Congressional Research Service.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom