Israel vs Hamas (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

Thanks for posting the video.

Prof. Jeffrey Sachs makes claims that are objectively known to not be accurate in the first couple of minutes of the video. He doesn't seem credible to me and a lot of his opinions are based on claims that aren't substantiated.

He may be saying things that are true, but I'm not going to take just his word on anything.
    What did he say that you are claiming wasn't accurate?

It's sad, but there are no "good guys" in this. Nobody's wearing a white hat and nobody has a worthwhile, humane goal. Israel says they want to wipe out Hamas while they do the exact opposite (It's like they have zero understanding of human nature. The more they bomb, the more radicals they create). While Hamas says they want to erase Israel. As if that were a thing that could be accomplished.

If Israel wants to know why the rest of the world is less than staunch in their support, I can paraphrase a Hamas leader's words on the situation.
    "They kill a few of us every month and nobody bats an eye. We kill a couple thousand of them at once and everybody loses their minds."

The world isn't blind to how this situation has been playing out over the years and how disingenuous Israel's been about their "Zerg creep".

16516.jpeg

It's sad, but there are no "good guys" in this. Nobody's wearing a white hat and nobody has a worthwhile, humane goal. Israel says they want to wipe out Hamas while they do the exact opposite (It's like they have zero understanding of human nature. The more they bomb, the more radicals they create). While Hamas says they want to erase Israel. As if that were a thing that could be accomplished.

If Israel wants to know why the rest of the world is less than staunch in their support, I can paraphrase a Hamas leader's words on the situation.
    "They kill a few of us every month and nobody bats an eye. We kill a couple thousand of them at once and everybody loses their minds."

The world isn't blind to how this situation has been playing out over the years and how disingenuous Israel's been about their "Zerg creep".

16516.jpeg
    We all see this obvious difference in losses. However, a certain hypocrisy in the coverage of the conflict exists indeed. And these statistics are for 2008-2020 only. The statistics for 2023 are much more horrible. And still lots of people are saying that Israel is the only victim here.

If you google "Gaza, Israel, Water" before 2023 you will see a lot of results. The people i Gaza has been mostly locked in since no one wants then - not any arab state and not Israel except for a few who prior to the current conflict could get a work permit. It clearly shows a pattern where Israel is using basic necesseties as water and power as a weapon against any kind of opposition in Gaza

These are just a handfull of headlines I found in less than 5 min. I could easily cite 30+ more

18 Aug 2020 — The besieged Gaza Strip's only power plant shut down on Tuesday due to a shortage of fuel, less than a week after Israel suspended shipments and closed the ...

1 Jun 2021 — The ensuing energy crisis in Gaza has undermined essential services, hindered access to water in multi-story buildings, and prevented sewage from being treated.

8 Jun 2021 — In the West Bank, Israel strictly regulates water consumption and prohibits Palestinians from drilling new wells for purposes other than drinking water. Israel

26 May 2021 — It was to provide a domestic energy source, sufficient power for Gaza's water ... Any new escalation in Gaza could also see Israel simply turning the gas off ...

9 Jan 2022 — Israel is holding up the entry of hundreds of vital replacement parts for the proper functioning of Gaza's water and sewage systems. As a result, partially ...

24 Aug 2022 — Following a meeting of the Israeli-Palestinian Joint Water Committee on March 4, 2015, Israel announced the doubling of water delivery to Gaza beginning in mid- ...

We all see this obvious difference in losses. However, a certain hypocrisy in the coverage of the conflict exists indeed. And these statistics are for 2008-2020 only. The statistics for 2023 are much more horrible. And still lots of people are saying that Israel is the only victim here.
    Lots of people? I don’t see that.

Military conflict is escalating in the Middle East. This may be as high as it escalates, but the situation is escalating. Not in chronological or any other order, but all events from the past week.

Israel carries out intense strikes on Hezbollah in south Lebanon
    JERUSALEM/BEIRUT, Jan 16 (Reuters) - Israel unleashed an intense barrage of air strikes on a valley in south Lebanon, Lebanese security sources and the Israeli military said, after a rare Israeli acknowledgment of a special forces operation on the border.
    Lebanese security sources told Reuters there were at least 16 airstrikes in quick succession on the Suluki Valley, describing them as the "densest bombardment of a single location" since border-area hostilities began three months ago.

Gaza combat resurges as Israeli tanks storm back into areas they left​

GAZA/ISRAEL-GAZA BORDER/DOHA, Jan 16 (Reuters) - Israeli tanks stormed back into parts of the northern Gaza Strip they had left last week, residents said on Tuesday, reigniting some of the most intense combat since the New Year when Israel announced it was scaling back its operations there.
    Massive explosions could be seen over northern areas of Gaza from across the border with Israel - a rarity over the past two weeks after Israel announced a drawdown of forces in the north as part of a transition to smaller, targeted operations.

Last edited:
    At this point, I am fairly confident IDF considers Palestinian as something sub-human.

Meanwhile, the ones still alive (I'm just waiting for some horrible disease to sweep through the refuge camps, due to unsanitary conditions they are suffering in)

and I guess sometimes 'accidents" happen. totally unintentional, I'm sure.

At least some (D) are speaking out, but fairly certain nothing will come from it. IDF is going to continue their seemingly aimless firing at any/every one they see over there.

The letter to Secretary of State Antony Blinken, led by U.S. Representatives Ayanna Pressley and Jamie Raskin, was signed by 60 Democratic House of Representatives members, reflecting concern, especially on the left, over the steep toll on Palestinian civilians of Israel's campaign against Hamas.

Maybe this all could have been mitigated

The IDF stationed these soldiers at the border to conduct surveillance and then ignored their surveillance reports.

These soldiers ended up being the first line of defense against the attack.

The article says, "They do not carry guns." I hope they were being literal, as in they have guns, they just don't carry them.

These women didn't give the IDF a bunch of dots that the IDF failed to connect. They gave the IDF literal photos of what was obviously coming. I don't buy for one second that the IDF honestly didn't see that an attack was imminent.

I think they treated their own soldiers like cannon fodder. I'm curious what was the rationale that lead the IDF to station only female soldiers in these advanced surveillance positions.

Last edited:
    Bibi‘s government is filled with right wing religious zealots. Women have relatively little value to them, same as in this country with Christian right wing zealots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom