Israel vs Hamas (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

Netanyahu shows up at the UN Assembly... the delegation hall starts to empty out.
    Yeah, fork that guy! He goes to the UN with his stupid props and advocates for war instead of a peaceful solution. He is not the man for Israel, he is the harbinger of death and he will lead them to their end. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the WORLD would be a safer place without Netanyahu. He has zero interest in achieving "Peace in the Middle East".

Yeah, fork that guy! He goes to the UN with his stupid props and advocates for war instead of a peaceful solution. He is not the man for Israel, he is the harbinger of death and he will lead them to their end. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the WORLD would be a safer place without Netanyahu. He has zero interest in achieving "Peace in the Middle East".
    Amen brother

US believes that Iran is preparing to launch an “imminent ballistic missile attack” against Israel. US has directed Americans in Israel to shelter in place until further notice.

US believes that Iran is preparing to launch an “imminent ballistic missile attack” against Israel. US has directed Americans in Israel to shelter in place until further notice.

teetering in the ME - not sure what Israel would do if one or more of those ballistic missiles finds its way into Tel Aviv causing mass casualties.

( actually i do- i just dont want to think about )

Tough to find peace when neither side wants to lower the temperature.

It wouldn't shock me if Netanyahu wants to pull the US further into the conflict for his benefit and Trump's. I would imagine the IDF is starting to spread thin considering all of the ops they've been pulling. They're going to demand assistance from the US who is already running to their safety.

Last edited:
    In other news, stocks of Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon are seeing record highs

Yay!

Getting rid of Netanyahu won’t solve the problem. They’ll just duplicate another. That’s how terrorism works.

Why are we defending them again?

And by now we all know they DID, in fact, launch missiles. Mostly intercepted.

Why are we supporting Israel? Good question. It, imo, derives from the holocaust and the impact that it had. That being said does that give the government of Israel the right to engage in actions that result in the circumstances that cause terrorism? No. Does the flip side mean that Hamas or Hezbollah or Iran or any Arab state has the right to has its goal the destruction of Israel? No.

There is no right on either side to do what they have done.

Getting rid of Netanyahu won’t solve the problem. They’ll just duplicate another. That’s how terrorism works.

Why are we defending them again?
    Lots of reasons. The one that matters to me is the millions of innocent people who live in Israel who don't have control over what the Israeli government does.

The answer, to what's happening to the millions of also innocent and powerless people in Gaza, the West Bank and Lebanon, is not to let the same thing happen to the innocent people of Israel. The answer is to protect all of those millions of innocent people.

Sad article
    =========
    It has been a year of heartbreak, a year of horror, a year of hell. I know I am not alone when I say that this has been the very worst year of my life. I have lost friends, I have lost job opportunities and, most of all, I have lost my faith in humanity.

But, before I get into that, let me fulfil my duty as a good diaspora Palestinian and recite the obligatory incantation: I condemn Hamas, I condemn Hamas, I condemn Hamas.

We Palestinians, you see, are not allowed to open our mouths without someone demanding we denounce violence and condemn Hamas.

And then we are told to shut our mouths, to stay silent, while the very same people demanding we decry violence salivate over our deaths and celebrate murder on an unimaginable scale.

Anyone an Israeli kills is an act of self-defence. Anyone an Arab kills is an act of terrorism.

These are the rules we must all abide by.

The US has never been shy about how much it hates Arabs. But ever since 7 October that hatred has shot to such disturbing new levels that I no longer feel at home in this country. Were it not for the fact that I have built a life and a family here, I would get the hell out.

Why would I want to stay in a country where Palestinians are so dehumanised that elected officials such as Senator Lindsey Graham can fantasise about dropping an atomic bomb on Gaza – a place where half of the population are children – without facing any meaningful censure?

Where John Fetterman, who is my senator, openly mocks pro-Palestinian protesters and seems to take immense joy in our pain?

And then there’s the fact that, simply by paying my taxes, I am complicit in the slaughter and starvation of my own people.

Increasingly I can’t rationalise living in a country where such a large portion of my taxpayer dollars is spent on funding war and what Kamala Harris has gleefully described as the “most lethal fighting force in the world”.

I live in Philadelphia, where the schools are so underfunded that just four out of more than 200 schools have full-time librarians and 98% of school buildings’ drinking outlets have tested positive for lead. There is no money for schools in the US; there is plenty of money to help bomb schools in Gaza…….

Today is the worst day on the entire calendar for Palestinian protesters to protest.

Just saying, there are 364 better days each year. The 7th is not their lucky day.

Whoa. CNN is showing a clip on the main page where they are talking about this book about the Biden administration and Joe is clear in that he doesn't like Netanyahu one bit and Bibi doesn't care.

***ETA*** Here it is.

Whoa. CNN is showing a clip on the main page where they are talking about this book about the Biden administration and Joe is clear in that he doesn't like Netanyahu one bit and Bibi doesn't care.

***ETA*** Here it is.

This is how you talk to an adversary when you know what you are pack'n:

The book recounts a tense phone call between Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and his Russian counterpart in October 2022.

“If you did this, all the restraints that we have been operating under in Ukraine would be reconsidered,” Austin said to Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, according to Woodward. “This would isolate Russia on the world stage to a degree you Russians cannot fully appreciate.”

“I don’t take kindly to being threatened,” Shoigu responded.

“Mr. Minister,” Austin said, according to Woodward, “I am the leader of the most powerful military in the history of the world. I don’t make threats.”

:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom