Israel vs Hamas (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

Israel may have the weapons to attack Rafa, but their supplies might get exhausted. It certainly is the moral thing to do to stop supplying offensive weapons to Israel. Israel has done enough damage to Gaza and killed enough civilians with their approach to this war. Israel can continue to root out Hamas without the continued massacre. They need to be more surgical in their attacks. The 2000lb bomb is essentially a weapon of mass destruction. Hamas isn't an urgent threat, so Israel can take more time to root them out. Massacring civilians is only going to create more radicals.

It's not just Netanyahu, the ruling Israeli political parties and the Israeli military. They are in power, because some of the citizens if Israel want Israeli leadership to do what they are doing.

The United Nations’ agency for Palestinian refugees will shutter its East Jerusalem headquarters after the compound was set on fire by “Israeli extremists” while staff were inside, its chief said Thursday.

In a statement on social platform X, UNRWA Commissioner-General Philippe Lazzarini said the arson attack was the latest in a series of threats, harassment and violent incidents perpetrated by Israelis against the agency’s staff over the past two months.
    “This evening, Israeli residents set fire twice to the perimeter of the UNRWA Headquarters in occupied East Jerusalem. This took place while UNRWA and other UN Agencies’ staff were on the compound,” Lazzarini said.

"We thought the best way to sustainably deescalate the situation was to actually talk with our students," Northwestern President Michael Schill told WBUR's Here and Now. "We have a good sustainable agreement which provides a number of things that the students wanted and that we wanted to do."

"We thought the best way to sustainably deescalate the situation was to actually talk with our students," Northwestern President Michael Schill told WBUR's Here and Now. "We have a good sustainable agreement which provides a number of things that the students wanted and that we wanted to do."

Compromise? Get outta here.../sarcasm

No shirt, Sherlock...

1715379759893.png

The Associated Press has recorded at least 75 instances since April 18 in which arrests were made at U.S. campus protests. Nearly 2,900 people have been arrested at 57 colleges and universities. The figures are based on AP reporting and statements from schools and law enforcement agencies

Israel may have the weapons to attack Rafa, but their supplies might get exhausted. It certainly is the moral thing to do to stop supplying offensive weapons to Israel. Israel has done enough damage to Gaza and killed enough civilians with their approach to this war. Israel can continue to root out Hamas without the continued massacre. They need to be more surgical in their attacks. The 2000lb bomb is essentially a weapon of mass destruction. Hamas isn't an urgent threat, so Israel can take more time to root them out. Massacring civilians is only going to create more radicals.
    It was just a ploy to try to help Biden for the election.

And yet the Isreal supporters continue to deny there is genocide. I'm guessing they are doing that for political reasons because it's pretty obvious what Isreal is doing unless you don't venture outside the corporate media.
    Cites a corporate media source while insulting others for not venturing "outside the corporate media."

Doesn't add up, does it?

WH sticking to their guns. Still refusing not to pedal Israel’s BS, while children are being slaughtered day and night in Rafah. Just saying “Israel should do more”.

I don’t expect the tune to change. Shameful and spineless. Embarrassing.

Last edited:
    WH sticking to their guns. Still refusing not to pedal Israel’s BS, while children are being slaughtered day and night in Rafah. Just saying “Israel should do more”.

I don’t expect the tune to change. Shameful and spineless. Embarrassing.

It does feel like lip service so far. That much I agree with. I think Biden needs to take a more firm approach and state unequivocally that attacking civilians in Rafah is unacceptable and that we will pull our support, not just weapons, but money, and more importantly lose their most favored nation status.

That doesn't have to mean we support Hamas, but support the Palestinians who have been stick in the middle of proxy wars and fighting for decades.

I know it's a mess and we can't ignore the geopolitics of the region, be we also can't continue giving Israel carte blanche to do whatever they want, up to committing atrocities.

Israel is the greater power here, and with great power comes great responsibility. Isreal has to depose Bibi and choose a more just and humane government.

It does feel like lip service so far. That much I agree with. I think Biden needs to take a more firm approach and state unequivocally that attacking civilians in Rafah is unacceptable and that we will pull our support, not just weapons, but money, and more importantly lose their most favored nation status.

That doesn't have to mean we support Hamas, but support the Palestinians who have been stick in the middle of proxy wars and fighting for decades.

I know it's a mess and we can't ignore the geopolitics of the region, be we also can't continue giving Israel carte blanche to do whatever they want, up to committing atrocities.

Israel is the greater power here, and with great power comes great responsibility. Isreal has to depose Bibi and choose a more just and humane government.

While I definitely agree with a lot of what you’re saying here, I think that the reality is that removing Netanyahu isn’t going to solve a problem that is existed long before he came into power and will seemingly exist long after he’s gone. One that goes beyond any one leader or regime. That is, the racist apartheid mindset and culture, driven by zionism - a form of religious extremism, that much of Israel still widely supports.

While I definitely agree with a lot of what you’re saying here, I think that the reality is that removing Netanyahu isn’t going to solve a problem that is existed long before he came into power and will seemingly exist long after he’s gone. One that goes beyond any one leader or regime. That is, the racist apartheid mindset and culture, driven by zionism - a form of religious extremism, that much of Israel still widely supports.
    That's why I stated "choose a more just and humane government" which would mean well beyond Bibi.

That said, I'm not sure there's enough of a movement in Israel for that much change in the government.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom