Iowa Caucuses (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

JimEverett

Reaction score
    Anyone have any predictions?

If I had to put money on it, I would pick Sanders as winning.

But there will be more stories than just who wins. IMO - For Warren, Mayor Pete, and Klobuchar it could be feast or famine. A distant 5th or even 4th could effectively end a campaign. Obviously a strong 3rd, and certainly anything higher will provide a huge boost.
    I think Warren might be best positioned to withstand a bad night given she has NH coming up next.

Yes.
    Also have read between the lines of people hinting that the delay is because Bernie won and the delay will lessen the "bump" he gets from declaring a victory tonight to his supporters before going on to NH.
    You guys are hoping for internal drama. No one is saying that except for wishful thinking from Trump supporters.

Crazy how Yang is one who actually had some ideas and thoughts the nation could stand considering and the debates were so screwed up he never really got a chance to discuss them there.

Yep. His allotted speaking time was also considerably lower based on how he was polling.

It was conservatives saying it. So you are probably right.
    538 is saying the delay helps Sanders since he was expected to win and already led polls in NH. It was a 2nd or 3rd place person out performing polls that would be beneficial. This is more about the IA Dem Party screwing the Pooch.
    So Bernie, Kloubach and Biden all
    Got their speeches broadcast on CNN but Warren got about 90 seconds because Biden for coverage first then CNN cut away to pundits.

This has been weird.

Actually looks like Pete and Bernie are vying for the win... but it is so early..

Just heard that Biden's campaign wrote a letter to the Democratic party asking for no results to be released until they can have a chance to look into what's happened.

What a way to kick off the 2020 election.

The granddaddy of all polls - the Seltzer poll - doesn't get published, and now this.

Might be the beginning of the end of the Iowa caucuses playing such a prominent role.

So is this the future of caucuses now? Was never crazy about Iowa going first anyway and caucuses in general, but this might lead to many wanting to go with another option in 4 years.

Buttigieg more or less declared victory. Polls still not in..

Are you sure that Rachel Maddow did not report on the situation I mentioned?
    Some Bernie supporters like to play the victim card. I’ve participated in two caucuses before and it is a Charlie Foxtrot. Depending on the size of the precinct you might not even see the other candidates groups. I remember not even knowing who won our precinct when I left.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom