Immigration thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zombiewoof

Admin
    Staff member
    Reaction score
    In keeping with the site's desire to have more conversation based on concepts, ideas and principles, I will be posting a couple of threads in hopes of generating discussion on topics that are relevant no matter who is in office or the news cycle at any point in time.

What are your guiding principles related to immigration? What in your opinion would be the most reasonable plan to reduce illegal immigration? Should legal immigration be limited to those who can assume roles in US society that are in short supply? What steps are necessary for elected representatives to be able to find compromise on these issues?

Are you still on that French bandwagon? I already debunked the "in France everyone is French" spiel...

BTW French legal docs may not ask about origin, but they ask about skin color and religion. Asking for skin color is very standard everywhere in Latin America, but you knew that, right?
    Perhaps is the norm in Mexico, your home country. However, where I grew up we did not classify each other in that manner.

Last time I revealed that I was attacked. Many posters will look for any angle to be acrimonious or insulting.
    It doesn't matter much to me but I did find it odd to see you using the word 'mate' in one of your replies -- which strikes me as a British or Aussie affect (or someone who has played way too many MMORPGS and also says stuff like 'aye'). Although maybe I'm having a brain seizure and confusing you with someone else.

It doesn't matter much to me but I did find it odd to see you using the word 'mate' in one of your replies -- which strikes me as a British or Aussie affect (or someone who has played way too many MMORPGS and also says stuff like 'aye'). Although maybe I'm having a brain seizure and confusing you with someone else.
    Compañero:

I use the term mate and guys all the time. I have culturally acquired those terms.

I believe in assimilation. However, my formation will always be related to Hispanic culture. By the way we never used the term Hispanic when I was growing up. That term was reserved for Spain (The Hispanic peninsula). The Romans baptized the peninsula as Hispania.

Hispanic is a term created for the classification and categorization of people. Then many Hispanics checked themselves as white in application forms and they came up with the terms of Hispanic and non-Hispanic white which is basically racism.
    The Romans had two names for their Spanish colony they conquered from the Carthaginians after the Second Punic War and then slowly but gradually asserted full sovereignty over the entire peninsula with a protracted decades-long conflict against the ancient Celtic tribe the Lusitanians (who's language is now a lost one), by the mid-1st century B.C.E. The Romans called it Hispania and Iberia. Many citizens or indidivuals living in Central and South American countries like Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Paraguay actually had ancestors who moved there from the mid-19th-early 20th centuries from Germany, Austria, Ireland, UK, Scotland, Italy even. Nietzsche's sister and her husband initially settled in Uruguay, IIRC, to try and set up some "utopian" Aryan Germanic racially superior colony there in the 1880's and early 1890's and their efforts failed miserably. In fact, I think you'd be surprised how many citizens living right now particularly in Central and South American countries have little to marginal lineage, ethnic or genealogical background to predominantly-Spanish, Portuguese speaking dialects, or any other European Romantic linguistic background, be it Italian or French.

The Romans had two names for their Spanish colony they conquered from the Carthaginians after the Second Punic War and then slowly but gradually asserted full sovereignty over the entire peninsula with a protracted decades-long conflict against the ancient Celtic tribe the Lusitanians (who's language is now a lost one), by the mid-1st century B.C.E. The Romans called it Hispania and Iberia. Many citizens or indidivuals living in Central and South American countries like Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Paraguay actually had ancestors who moved there from the mid-19th-early 20th centuries from Germany, Austria, Ireland, UK, Scotland, Italy even. Nietzsche's sister and her husband initially settled in Uruguay, IIRC, to try and set up some "utopian" Aryan Germanic racially superior colony there in the 1880's and early 1890's and their efforts failed miserably. In fact, I think you'd be surprised how many citizens living right now particularly in Central and South American countries have little to marginal lineage, ethnic or genealogical background to predominantly-Spanish, Portuguese speaking dialects, or any other European Romantic linguistic background, be it Italian or French.
    Thanks for the info!

You left out the Jews that planned a settlement in Argentina .
    Half of Argentina is of Italian ancestry including the Pope.

Haitians are being deported because they aren't eligible for Asylum, and have no legal process to pursue in the US. There isn't the type of persecution going on in Haiti that substantiates an asylum claim. Haitians who were physically present in the US on August 3, are eligible for TPS. This group at the border now missed that deadline.

It is not because they are black.

Some in the media (liberal and conservative) seem to be trying to claim that Biden is being racist by sending back the black people. Suddenly, even some conservatives think Black lives Matter when they can use it to attack Biden.

The stupid here in Texas gets dumber. Yeah, because that will stop them. :rolleyes:

E_mis9RXoAAVjmU

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has sent a fleet of state-owned vehicles to line up for miles as a barricade along the border with Mexico, insisting the state was taking “unprecedented steps,” as thousands of migrants still seek to cross into the United States.

The “steel wall” of cars, as Abbott called it, is only the latest of the stark images coming from the crisis unfolding in Del Rio, Tex., where nearly 15,000 border crossers, many Haitians living in Chile and other South American nations, have arrived.

im beginning to think Abbott has some sort of brain damage. How can cars parked like that form a “wall”?
    You know what? Edwin Edwards may have been crooked as hell, but there is no denying the good that man did for the state of Louisiana. I'd take an Edwin Edwards over Greg Abbott any day of the week and twice on Sundays. If there's a Louisiana politician who deserves having a movie made about his life (who hasn't already had one), it's Edwin Edwards, hands down.

The stupid here in Texas gets dumber. Yeah, because that will stop them. :rolleyes:

E_mis9RXoAAVjmU

I saw the headline and couldn't even bring myself to read the story. How anything made of CARS could even begin to be considered a wall - unless they're stacked ten on top of each other like at monster truck rallies - is something only a MAGA republican can understand and be proud of.

"I took away our state workers' fleet vehicles and made a border wall out of them! Hell yeah!" (Would be immigrants begin stealing the cars considering them gifts to just drive the rest of the way into the country instead of just crawling over them.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom