Immigration thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zombiewoof

Admin
    Staff member
    Reaction score
    In keeping with the site's desire to have more conversation based on concepts, ideas and principles, I will be posting a couple of threads in hopes of generating discussion on topics that are relevant no matter who is in office or the news cycle at any point in time.

What are your guiding principles related to immigration? What in your opinion would be the most reasonable plan to reduce illegal immigration? Should legal immigration be limited to those who can assume roles in US society that are in short supply? What steps are necessary for elected representatives to be able to find compromise on these issues?

I'd eat tortillas and beans.
    Throw on some chapulines and queso that my undocumented oaxacan friend makes me and yup I’m all good.

Maybe in a couple weeks when her undocumented self gets back from college that I’m helping pay for she will invite me over for lunch again.

I don't understand this nonsense claim of open borders. The assumption that more apprehensions implies open borders is non-sensical. If the borders were open, then we wouldn't be apprehending people and deporting them. The assumption that more apprehensions implies more are getting through is also non-sensical. If ICE did its job more poorly and apprehended fewer people, would people assume that fewer people are trying to cross the border? That's like saying if we don't police areas of high crime, then they would have less crime. Are there any studies that show that more people are getting in compared to years past?

I don't understand this nonsense claim of open borders. The assumption that more apprehensions implies open borders is non-sensical. If the borders were open, then we wouldn't be apprehending people and deporting them. The assumption that more apprehensions implies more are getting through is also non-sensical. If ICE did its job more poorly and apprehended fewer people, would people assume that fewer people are trying to cross the border? That's like saying if we don't police areas of high crime, then they would have less crime. Are there any studies that show that more people are getting in compared to years past?

As has been proven many times by right wing adherents on this site, logic and facts have no place in the non-sensical reactionary outrage culture they belong to.

As has been proven many times by right wing adherents on this site, logic and facts have no place in the non-sensical reactionary outrage culture they belong to.
    Plus according to the right wing with their made up numbers of people coming accross, there would be no one left in Mexico in 10 years..lol

Here's the article. You would think the Democrats would take this issue more seriously especially because it was one of Trump's main issues.

We take the issue seriously, we pay attention to where it is, so as to not step into it.

We care about our feet.

On a related note, there was an article in my local newspaper about the increased number of U.S. citizens applying for residency in MX. More and more people are not able to retire and/or afford to live in the U.S., and if you can work remotely without geographic restrictions, you can live like a king (or maybe a lesser duke :hihi:) in MX, or many other places for that matter.

As for the MX borders, both of them, they are a real mess. Riots in Chiapas, immigrants assaulting INM (MX's INS) offices; the Northern border, overflowing shelters; and a lot of shirt going down in between the borders.

Are we going to deport the thousands of illegals who are from Ireland?

Are we going to demand that Americans should apply to work stoop labor in the fields?

Or is the fact that immigrants overstaying their visas just ignored?

Are we going to deport the thousands of illegals who are from Ireland?

Are we going to demand that Americans should apply to work stoop labor in the fields?

Or is the fact that immigrants overstaying their visas just ignored?
    Been roundly ignored for decades. The system is broken and neither party has done anything to fix it. Rs don’t want to fix it, IMO. They would rather just use it as a talking point against Dems. Dems IMO would try to fix it if they could get enough votes to do so. 🤷‍♀️

I love this fake "Republican politicians are against illegal immigration".
    We all know they love to "talk" about doing something, but in reality, we all know mega corps keep them from really doing anything. We all know a wall is useless. if the price of produce jumped 1000%, the repubs would shirt a brick, thats why they only pretent to care..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom