Immigration is completely out of control (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
    Reaction score
    A couple of days ago, one of the main US-MX border points of entry was blocked by 1000's of migrants demanding entry into the country, which caused chaos for those who lawfully cross the border on business, for work, or for delivery of goods, both ways.

Lawful border crossings are getting progressively worse across the border, and drug cartels are finding it easier to move product, as the CBP has to transfer personnel and efforts to the processing of migrants.

It's not different on MX's South border. Yesterday, ~5000 migrants stormed into Chiapas all the way to the INM building (INM is immigration) running over fences, barricades, and elements of the National Guard. They are now taking over an ecological park in Tapachula, Chiapas, which it's going to be severely affected, as it's been the case with just about everywhere migrants squat.

Unfortunately, Juan Trump (that's Donald Trump's pet name for the President of México) was bamboozled by his "friend" Donald into making MX a "lobby" for migrants trying to reach the U.S.

Many people would argue that migrants are "good for the economy", but that is not always the case. Billions of dollars leave the U.S. economy every year, because migrants send money from the U.S. to other countries to support families there. The biggest destinations are India and MX, to the tune of 100 billion dollars in 2023 alone, according to the Bank of México (kind of like the MX version of the Fed). These billions of dollars do not circulate in the U.S. economy.

Speaking of inflation, the past year, the U.S. dollar has lost ~20% of its value against the MX peso. One of the main reasons for it, is the amount of money being sent to MX from the U.S. And MX is the U.S. 2nd largest trading partner.

Gregg Abbott is a lot of things, but I don't blame him for his attempts at curbing the hordes of people demanding entry into the U.S., even the busing of migrants to other States, making some put their money where their mouth is, like the Mayor of NYC, who was so welcoming of migrants, until he he got a taste, then went crying to the federal government for more money, while the shelters were at full capacity; shelters which BTW serve the NYC poor as well.

And please, no one mention a wall. There is a wall. A wall can be climbed; a wall can be dug under.; holes can be punched through walls.

Why bother. It is all Trump's fault anyway. He makes them call others they disagre with racists or bigot and now trolls. It is par for the course.

I personally welcome it. When their feelings get hurts, their tummy hurts so they start calling names. Just like when we were kids on the playground. I am surprised they have not just gone to the 'I know you are but what a I" juvenile attempt at a check mate. It is only a matter of time though. Lack of intelligence often dictates when they lash out.
    The tummy hurts is a great description for their juvenile message board tactics. I'll offer them some pepto next time.

Nah, there are plenty of other things that are endlessly irritating.

As for immigration? There is no system so it can’t be broken. What there is, is a movement of humans for various reasons. The governments of many of the countries are failed or near-failed.

For decades we have seen this and literally no U.S. administration has done anything beyond sloganeering and window dressing to address underlying problems.

Why bother. It is all Trump's fault anyway. He makes them call others they disagre with racists or bigot and now trolls. It is par for the course.

I personally welcome it. When their feelings get hurts, their tummy hurts so they start calling names. Just like when we were kids on the playground. I am surprised they have not just gone to the 'I know you are but what a I" juvenile attempt at a check mate. It is only a matter of time though. Lack of intelligence often dictates when they lash out.
    I guess Trump's tummy must hurt all of the time, because the man can barely finish a sentence without calling someone a name. He literally comes up with childish names for all of his opponents, and he paints it as "marketing", rather than juvenile.

Is AOC going to cry at the border again?
    How low does one have to sink to mock someone for showing physical signs of compassion for the suffering of others?

I sometimes cry when I see photos and videos of the people suffering at the border. Despite what toxic male mythology BS says, that's a sign of strength, not weakness.

What's weakness is being too afraid to express one's true feelings. What's depraved is seeing any fellow human suffering and not having feelings of compassion and sadness for them.

If I saw this poster suffering, I would genuinely feel and express compassion and sadness for them. even knowing they would probably mock me for it. That would be their loss and their issue, not mine.

How low does one have to sink to mock someone for showing physical signs of compassion for the suffering of others?

I sometimes cry when I see photos and videos of the people suffering at the border. Despite what toxic male mythology BS says, that's a sign of strength, not weakness.

What's weakness is being too afraid to express one's true feelings. What's depraved is seeing any fellow human suffering and not having feelings of compassion and sadness for them.

If I saw this poster suffering, I would genuinely feel and express compassion and sadness for them. even knowing they would probably mock me for it. That would be their loss and their issue, not mine.
    The lack of empathy of people like him is honestly disturbing.

Sure presidents can use executive orders, but that's a terrible way to run a country. Also, the courts often reverse them. The House should pass the very conservative bi-partisan immigration bill that the Senate passed which would do far more than this executive action. Johnson and the rest of the MAGAs are at fault for most of the immigration problems we have today. They don't want to fix the immigration problem so they can use it for political purposes.

I saw where Trump tried this too and the courts promptly stayed it. Biden knows this - he’s just trying to bring attention to the lack of action by the House on this issue.

I saw where Trump tried this too and the courts promptly stayed it. Biden knows this - he’s just trying to bring attention to the lack of action by the House on this issue.
    Trump systematically shut down the border to all migrants through many measures. Biden’s EO only temporarily shuts it down to allow agents to keep up. It makes sense because border agents are overwhelmed, especially since Republicans don’t want to provide more funding. Trump’s policies were very harsh and anti-migrant, and most of his policies ended up in court. Biden’s EO may, but what I’ve read so far seem reasonable. Here is a description of Trump’s policies.

Biden's EO is illegal. It will be overturned by the courts.

The rules about Asylum are clear in the law. The law might not be prepared for our situation, but the only way to fix that is with legislation.

Biden's EO is illegal. It will be overturned by the courts.

The rules about Asylum are clear in the law. The law might not be prepared for our situation, but the only way to fix that is with legislation.
    I’m pretty sure Biden knows this. He needs to wrest the issue away from Rs, who have zero shame about pandering to (and scaring) people about the issue. And focus people back on the fact that he and Dems negotiated a bill to fix the issue and Trump killed it for political reasons.

I’m pretty sure Biden knows this. He needs to wrest the issue away from Rs, who have zero shame about pandering to (and scaring) people about the issue. And focus people back on the fact that he and Dems negotiated a bill to fix the issue and Trump killed it for political reasons.

I'm sure that is his thinking, but when Trump does crap like this we go nuts.

It'd be nice is we had one party at least pretending to claim the high road.

If Trump wins, we will do all kinds of stuff that is illegal relating to immigration, and they will cite Biden's illegal EO crackdown as justification.

I'm sure that is his thinking, but when Trump does crap like this we go nuts.

It'd be nice is we had one party at least pretending to claim the high road.

If Trump wins, we will do all kinds of stuff that is illegal relating to immigration, and they will cite Biden's illegal EO crackdown as justification.

It's hard to claim the high road when American voters will vote you out of office for doing so. Not an excuse, just a reality. Democrats can claim the high road on this issue, but they will lose because of it. Just look at all the issues that American voters punish Democrats over for "taking the high" road now.

I don't really think anything Biden does will constrain or encourage Trump on any policy. He will do the illegal things he does because he has no restraint and that's his MO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom