Immigration is completely out of control (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
    Reaction score
    A couple of days ago, one of the main US-MX border points of entry was blocked by 1000's of migrants demanding entry into the country, which caused chaos for those who lawfully cross the border on business, for work, or for delivery of goods, both ways.

Lawful border crossings are getting progressively worse across the border, and drug cartels are finding it easier to move product, as the CBP has to transfer personnel and efforts to the processing of migrants.

It's not different on MX's South border. Yesterday, ~5000 migrants stormed into Chiapas all the way to the INM building (INM is immigration) running over fences, barricades, and elements of the National Guard. They are now taking over an ecological park in Tapachula, Chiapas, which it's going to be severely affected, as it's been the case with just about everywhere migrants squat.

Unfortunately, Juan Trump (that's Donald Trump's pet name for the President of México) was bamboozled by his "friend" Donald into making MX a "lobby" for migrants trying to reach the U.S.

Many people would argue that migrants are "good for the economy", but that is not always the case. Billions of dollars leave the U.S. economy every year, because migrants send money from the U.S. to other countries to support families there. The biggest destinations are India and MX, to the tune of 100 billion dollars in 2023 alone, according to the Bank of México (kind of like the MX version of the Fed). These billions of dollars do not circulate in the U.S. economy.

Speaking of inflation, the past year, the U.S. dollar has lost ~20% of its value against the MX peso. One of the main reasons for it, is the amount of money being sent to MX from the U.S. And MX is the U.S. 2nd largest trading partner.

Gregg Abbott is a lot of things, but I don't blame him for his attempts at curbing the hordes of people demanding entry into the U.S., even the busing of migrants to other States, making some put their money where their mouth is, like the Mayor of NYC, who was so welcoming of migrants, until he he got a taste, then went crying to the federal government for more money, while the shelters were at full capacity; shelters which BTW serve the NYC poor as well.

And please, no one mention a wall. There is a wall. A wall can be climbed; a wall can be dug under.; holes can be punched through walls.

I'm sure that is his thinking, but when Trump does crap like this we go nuts.

It'd be nice is we had one party at least pretending to claim the high road.

If Trump wins, we will do all kinds of stuff that is illegal relating to immigration, and they will cite Biden's illegal EO crackdown as justification.
    No, they won’t cite this EO. They will do far, far worse and never look back. Your “high road” isn’t everyone’s high road and there are lots of people who are concerned about the strain on the system by these asylum seekers. Rs have successfully forced Biden to do this, with their pounding of the issue and their refusal to do anything legislatively. Blaming Biden for an order that probably won’t be carried out may make you feel all morally superior but it is naive and only actually helps Trump. And if it actually helps the courts and the system catch up, maybe it will help the situation. But, I doubt it ever goes into effect.

It's hard to claim the high road when American voters will vote you out of office for doing so. Not an excuse, just a reality. Democrats can claim the high road on this issue, but they will lose because of it. Just look at all the issues that American voters punish Democrats over for "taking the high" road now.

I don't really think anything Biden does will constrain or encourage Trump on any policy. He will do the illegal things he does because he has no restraint and that's his MO.

The border situation has improved dramatically over the past 6 months.

He should be explaining to the public how what he is doing is working, instead of doing things that he knows are illegal.

The real problem is that Biden is incapable of communicating with the public at this point in his live, so desperate moves like this is all they have.

No a single vote is going to be changed by this EO.

No, they won’t cite this EO. They will do far, far worse and never look back. Your “high road” isn’t everyone’s high road and there are lots of people who are concerned about the strain on the system by these asylum seekers. Rs have successfully forced Biden to do this, with their pounding of the issue and their refusal to do anything legislatively. Blaming Biden for an order that probably won’t be carried out may make you feel all morally superior but it is naive and only actually helps Trump. And if it actually helps the courts and the system catch up, maybe it will help the situation. But, I doubt it ever goes into effect.

The president not doing things that are illegal will always be the high road.

The president not doing things that are illegal will always be the high road.
    That’s what the courts are for - Biden will always abide by the courts because he’s not an authoritarian wannabe. Every president has tested the waters like this. It’s not a huge deal, IMO.

That’s what the courts are for - Biden will always abide by the courts because he’s not an authoritarian wannabe. Every president has tested the waters like this. It’s not a huge deal, IMO.

Trump is slowly bringing us all down to his level.

Definitely a trend I'm seeing. When you're doing Michelle Obama's approach, it's great in theory, but in practice, not nearly so much. I get the sentiment that people have had enough and want to fight fire with fire.
    Yeah and in the case of the MAGAs they don’t even understand the issue. Just “Brown people bad!”

Definitely a trend I'm seeing. When you're doing Michelle Obama's approach, it's great in theory, but in practice, not nearly so much. I get the sentiment that people have had enough and want to fight fire with fire.

Also kind of a catch 22

"Democrats are soft! They need to start using GOP tactics and fight fire with fire"

they try to do exactly that and it's "Why are the Dems stooping to the GOP's level!? They should be better than that!"

Also kind of a catch 22

"Democrats are soft! They need to start using GOP tactics and fight fire with fire"

they try to do exactly that and it's "Why are the Dems stooping to the GOP's level!? They should be better than that!"

I don't think many of the same individuals are making both of those claims.

Biden's EO is illegal. It will be overturned by the courts.

The rules about Asylum are clear in the law. The law might not be prepared for our situation, but the only way to fix that is with legislation.
    That's something Republicans won't change they had the chance with Trump and never did it. Now they won't even try because they want their orange god to get the credit.

That's something Republicans won't change they had the chance with Trump and never did it. Now they won't even try because they want their orange god to get the credit.

I couldn't care less about what Republicans will or won't do.

Biden did something that he knows is illegal. It should be universally condemned.

If you think it is ok for Biden to do something that he knows isn't legal, then i am talking about you.
    Like I said, you don't speak for me when you think you speak for "all of us."

You may be letting Trump drag you down to his level, but I'm not, so you don't speak for "all of us."

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom