Immigration is completely out of control (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
    Reaction score
    A couple of days ago, one of the main US-MX border points of entry was blocked by 1000's of migrants demanding entry into the country, which caused chaos for those who lawfully cross the border on business, for work, or for delivery of goods, both ways.

Lawful border crossings are getting progressively worse across the border, and drug cartels are finding it easier to move product, as the CBP has to transfer personnel and efforts to the processing of migrants.

It's not different on MX's South border. Yesterday, ~5000 migrants stormed into Chiapas all the way to the INM building (INM is immigration) running over fences, barricades, and elements of the National Guard. They are now taking over an ecological park in Tapachula, Chiapas, which it's going to be severely affected, as it's been the case with just about everywhere migrants squat.

Unfortunately, Juan Trump (that's Donald Trump's pet name for the President of México) was bamboozled by his "friend" Donald into making MX a "lobby" for migrants trying to reach the U.S.

Many people would argue that migrants are "good for the economy", but that is not always the case. Billions of dollars leave the U.S. economy every year, because migrants send money from the U.S. to other countries to support families there. The biggest destinations are India and MX, to the tune of 100 billion dollars in 2023 alone, according to the Bank of México (kind of like the MX version of the Fed). These billions of dollars do not circulate in the U.S. economy.

Speaking of inflation, the past year, the U.S. dollar has lost ~20% of its value against the MX peso. One of the main reasons for it, is the amount of money being sent to MX from the U.S. And MX is the U.S. 2nd largest trading partner.

Gregg Abbott is a lot of things, but I don't blame him for his attempts at curbing the hordes of people demanding entry into the U.S., even the busing of migrants to other States, making some put their money where their mouth is, like the Mayor of NYC, who was so welcoming of migrants, until he he got a taste, then went crying to the federal government for more money, while the shelters were at full capacity; shelters which BTW serve the NYC poor as well.

And please, no one mention a wall. There is a wall. A wall can be climbed; a wall can be dug under.; holes can be punched through walls.

I don't see how the Border Patrol Union leader can get away with making a speech with Trump trashing Biden.

He is a federal employee, and it is a clear violation of the Hatch Act.
    Surprisingly, I think the Border Patrol falls under less restrictive employees, but he did violate the Hatch Act, because he gave his speech in uniform!

https://osc.gov/Services/Pages/HatchAct-Federal.aspx#tabGroup31|tabGroup12

"Less restricted federal employees may not:
    Engage in political activity – i.e., activity directed at the success or failure of a political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group – while the employee is on duty, in any federal room or building, while wearing a uniform or official insignia, or using any federally owned or leased vehicle."

Then there is the following directive to the CPB signed in DEC 2020:

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2021-Jan/cbp-standards-conduct-2020_0.pdf

"7.16.3 The following list contains examples of prohibited activities for CBP employees who are not members of the SES. See 5 C.F.R. Part 734, Subpart C.
     Engage in political activity (an activity directed toward the success or failure of a political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group) while on duty, in a government office, wearing an official uniform, or driving a GOV. "

I don't know if he was on duty when he gave his speech, but he was in uniform, and being in uniform is the big no-no. If he had given that speech while off duty and wasn't in uniform, then he probably would've been in the clear! Even if he had not been in uniform, he is clearly using his position as an agent to promote a political candidate, but that probably wouldn't be an obvious enough violation. He's clearly a hack, because Trump's policies weren't clearly better. They violated the law, so they created many problems of their own, and furthermore, Biden is advocating vastly improving the policies to give him legal coverage to act. I've been critical of Biden's policies on immigration, but he is trying to improve the policy, and Trump is trying to prevent the policies from improving. That union chief is a political shill, because he should know that Trump is just trying to prevent things from improving to gain political advantage. Couple that with the clear violation, and I think that union chief should be fired summarily!

• For complaints against federal employees, please fill out the Federal Hatch Act Complaint Form: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://osc.gov/Documents/Resources/Forms/Federal%20Hatch%20Act%20Complaint%20Form.pdf
    I hope someone files a complaint against him.

This is pretty stupid. I can’t see where the courts will let this stand - it seems to be racial profiling. Since most people who are in this country illegally have overstayed a visa, I don’t see how anyone can tell by looking at someone that they may be here illegally. It’s just an excuse to hassle brown people.

This is pretty stupid. I can’t see where the courts will let this stand - it seems to be racial profiling. Since most people who are in this country illegally have overstayed a visa, I don’t see how anyone can tell by looking at someone that they may be here illegally. It’s just an excuse to hassle brown people.

The question becomes what defines the basis for suspicion? It definitely will be racial profiling.😡

Whaaaa???? Basically asks officers to engage in racial profiling.

Such a big secret that it has been posted on a public website for a year.

Such a big secret that it has been posted on a public website for a year.
    In response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit, the feds have admitted that in 2023 alone they secretly flew 320,000 illegal aliens into the United States.

Included in details of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit first reported by Todd Bensman, the Center for Immigration Studies found Biden's CBP approved the latest secretive flights that transported hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants from foreign countries into at least 43 different American airports from January through December 2023.

This is new information from FOIA. We didn't know the total of how many came in and where they were flown to until recently.

In response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit, the feds have admitted that in 2023 alone they secretly flew 320,000 illegal aliens into the United States.

Included in details of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit first reported by Todd Bensman, the Center for Immigration Studies found Biden's CBP approved the latest secretive flights that transported hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants from foreign countries into at least 43 different American airports from January through December 2023.

This is new information from FOIA. We didn't know the total of how many came in and where they were flown to until recently.

again, it was so secret, that it was posted on a public website. It says clearly says up to 30,000 per month right there on the public website.

You realize that you can get public information from a FOIA right? Just because you get something through FOIA doesn't mean it wasn't already available to the public.

Last edited:

it is almost like something happened in 2020 that makes that chart he's showing miss out of showing a pretty regular progression. If only we knew what happened in 2020 that changed everything.

If that thing hadn't happened, you would be able to draw a pretty good line from 2017 - now.

2019 was a pretty bad year for illegal immigration, the worst we'd had since the early mid 2000s.

@SaintForLife Take a look at this chart.

You will see that the number of people illegally crossing the border now isn't as unheard of as people claim. Infact, it was worse for many years during our lifetime.

There was one big difference back in the 90s and early 2000s. Most of the illegal immigration was from Mexico, and the law allows us to immediately remove people from Mexico without them having any due process rights. The law allowed it, being the key phrase.

NAFTA is the main reason so many people stopped coming in illegally from Mexico. Something changed the conditions that they were fleeing.

Now the people are from countries that the law requires we give due process to apply for several forms of relief. There isn't anything the executive branch can do about this problem with the law. That is why 2019 even well into the Trump admin, we had the worst year of the last decade.

We already have evidence that the best way to stop people crossing illegally is to change the conditions that they are fleeing from.

@SaintForLife Take a look at this chart.

You will see that the number of people illegally crossing the border now isn't as unheard of as people claim. Infact, it was worse for many years during our lifetime.

Good you have a chart. Wish the chart could take a look at the Mexican borders.

NAFTA is the main reason so many people stopped coming in illegally from Mexico. Something changed the conditions that they were fleeing.
    The conditions have not changed.

The whole point of this article is that’s NOT all that’s being said

What IS being said is a bunch of bullshirt to demonize and dehumanize these people and stoke fear and rage in others so a rational debate can’t even happen

Reaching for racist rhetoric bizarre even for him, Donald Trump compared undocumented migrants to the US to Hannibal Lecter, the serial killer and cannibal famously played by Sir Anthony Hopkins in the Oscar-winning 1991 film The Silence of the Lambs.

“They’re rough people, in many cases from jails, prisons, from mental institutions, insane asylums,” the former president and probable Republican presidential nominee claimed in an interview with Right Side Broadcasting Network on Monday. “You know, insane asylums, that’s Silence of the Lambs stuff.

“Hannibal Lecter? Anybody know Hannibal Lecter?”

To laughter from the audience at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, Trump added: “We don’t want ’em in this country.”……..

Yeah, the GOP cares so much about fentanyl that they killed the bill to install the scanners.

It's not opinion, but facts. But you be like that :hihi:
    gdp-mexico.png

This is a chart of the GDP of Mexico.

Yea, i guess the conditions didn't happen to change around the same time the illegal entry from Mexico fell. I guess NAFTA didn't have anything to do with it.

You are a confident idiot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom