House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

So does he just ignore it, or does he get his lawyers involved and challenge it in court?

Trump will challenge it in court, and Republicans will dissolve the January 6th committee before Trump has exhausted his appeals. Besides, the committee will need time to finalize its report. The ONLY way that Trump could be required to testify before the House committee is if Democrats somehow hold on to the House to give them time to wait out all of the appeals. I wonder if Democrats hold the Senate, could they establish a comparable committee to pick up where the House left off, and then push for the testimony?

Trump will challenge it in court, and Republicans will dissolve the January 6th committee before Trump has exhausted his appeals. Besides, the committee will need time to finalize its report. The ONLY way that Trump could be required to testify before the House committee is if Democrats somehow hold on to the House to give them time to wait out all of the appeals. I wonder if Democrats hold the Senate, could they establish a comparable committee to pick up where the House left off, and then push for the testimony?
    Is the House expected to swing majority Republican? If so...the committee is RIP. I think what needs to happen is the committee go ahead and turn everything over to the DOJ, make their criminal referral and then let the DOJ do their thing.

Is the House expected to swing majority Republican? If so...the committee is RIP. I think what needs to happen is the committee go ahead and turn everything over to the DOJ, make their criminal referral and then let the DOJ do their thing.
    Most likely it will swing to the Republicans, because the party sitting in the whitehouse almost always loses more than 10 seats, and the Democrats only have a 5 seat majority. The sitting party often loses well over 20 seats, so it would be a huge shock if Democrats hold the House. The committee will wrap up and submit their report, before the new congress is established, if the Democrats lose the House. If miraculously the Democrats hold the House, then the committee will probably continue forward to pressure Trump to testify.

Most likely it will swing to the Republicans, because the party sitting in the whitehouse almost always loses more than 10 seats, and the Democrats only have a 5 seat majority. The sitting party often loses well over 20 seats, so it would be a huge shock if Democrats hold the House. The committee will wrap up and submit their report, before the new congress is established, if the Democrats lose the House. If miraculously the Democrats hold the House, then the committee will probably continue forward to pressure Trump to testify.
    Yeah, I guess we'll see. I forgot the Democratic majority in the House was so small. 5 seats is nothing. Would be interesting if the House and Senate both flipped in opposite directions during the same elections.

Yeah, I guess we'll see. I forgot the Democratic majority in the House was so small. 5 seats is nothing. Would be interesting if the House and Senate both flipped in opposite directions during the same elections.
    Well they can't flip in opposite directions in this cycle, since Democrats have both houses today. It is likely that Democrats will hold the Senate, since it isn't affected by gerrymandering. I think Democrats could win the House back in 2024.

Trump may testify at some point, if the committee isn't dissolved before he exhausts his appeals, but he'll plead the 5th on every question to prevent SELF INCRIMINATION. It won't matter to his cultists.

I’m not convinced the Dems lose the House. I know it goes against conventional wisdom, but we have a couple of wild cards. First, repealing Roe seems to have motivated a lot of independent voters and women in particular, even suburban Republican women. Second, the extremism of Republican election deniers will work the same way - it will turn off moderate voters who are concerned about keeping our democracy.

I think just from gerrymandering alone it would be hard to keep the house

I’m very curious what the turnout will be

I think 2018 was the biggest in history

We’ll see how it compares

The House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol has obtained eight emails from late 2020 that a judge determined show Donald Trump and his lawyers planning to defraud courts and obstruct the congressional vote on the presidency.

A new court filing from Trump’s then-attorney John Eastman disclosed that the House said it had accessed the emails on Friday.

The House probe has been fighting for the records for months, and a federal judge cleared the way for the committee to receive them in recent weeks, calling them possible evidence of the planning of crimes on Trump’s behalf.

Eastman had tried several last-ditch attempts to hold off the committee. The panel declined to comment to CNN.

The emails that the committee finally has accessed include four communications between Trump attorneys that appear to indicate they knew details they submitted to courts to challenge the election were false, and four emails that reveal them discussing filing lawsuits as a way to hold off congressional certification of Trump’s electoral loss, Judge David O. Carter previously revealed...............

Donald Trump has filed a lawsuit against the House January 6 committee, in an effort to avoid testimony after the congressional panel investigating the Capitol attack subpoenaed the former president…..

Donald Trump has filed a lawsuit against the House January 6 committee, in an effort to avoid testimony after the congressional panel investigating the Capitol attack subpoenaed the former president…..

Oh, this is good. I think this is gonna hurt Trump more than helps.

So much for wanting to speak out and have his say.

If a miracle happens and the democrats hold the House, then the committee will continue, and there is a chance that Trump will have to testify.

CNN) - The Supreme Court cleared the way on Monday for the House select committee investigating the January 6 US Capitol attack to obtain the phone and text records of Arizona Republican Party Chair Kelli Ward.

Ward served as a fake elector for Donald Trump in Arizona, one of the states the former president lost but where Republicans gathered to put forth a pro-Trump slate of electors.

Ward has argued the subpoena was too intrusive and violated her First Amendment rights, potentially exposing political connections. The committee has also sought Ward's testimony. She invoked her Fifth Amendment rights during the deposition……

CNN) - The Supreme Court cleared the way on Monday for the House select committee investigating the January 6 US Capitol attack to obtain the phone and text records of Arizona Republican Party Chair Kelli Ward.

Ward served as a fake elector for Donald Trump in Arizona, one of the states the former president lost but where Republicans gathered to put forth a pro-Trump slate of electors.

Ward has argued the subpoena was too intrusive and violated her First Amendment rights, potentially exposing political connections. The committee has also sought Ward's testimony. She invoked her Fifth Amendment rights during the deposition……

And of course...

1668447790141.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom