House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Just like Lindell, Rudy, and Walker for that matter, is there nobody in Powell’s life who loves her enough to stage an intervention?

So...she's still as crazy as she was during the last election cycle. Woman needs to retire, and get professional help.

I remember hearing she was actually a credible lawyer earlier in her career and at some point she just went batshirt crazy…..

She was president of the 5th Circuit bar association or something like that. She had a very solid career. Now facing possible disbarment . . . over Donald Trump. Smh

As the innocent tend to do
    ====================

CNN) - The US Secret Service erased text messages from January 5 and 6, 2021, shortly after they were requested by oversight officials investigating the agency's response to the US Capitol riot, according to a letter given to the House select committee investigating the insurrection and obtained by CNN…..

Last edited:
    CNN) - The US Secret Service erased text messages from January 5 and 6, 2021, shortly after they were requested by oversight officials investigating the agency's response to the US Capitol riot, according to a letter given to the House select committee investigating the insurrection and obtained by CNN…..

Yeah, they aren't hiding anything.. :jpshakehead:

====================

The Director of the Secret Service resigned a week ago.

====================

More on this
    ==========
    ……Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Thursday that the agency did not maliciously delete text messages following a request.

“In fact, the Secret Service has been fully cooperating with the OIG in every respect – whether it be interviews, documents, emails, or texts,” he said.

“First, in January 2021, before any inspection was opened by OIG on this subject, USSS began to reset its mobile phones to factory settings as part of a pre-planned, three-month system migration. In that process, data resident on some phones was lost,” he said.

“DHS OIG requested electronic communications for the first time on Feb. 26, 2021, after the migration was well under way. The Secret Service notified DHS OIG of the loss of certain phones’ data, but confirmed to OIG that none of the texts it was seeking had been lost in the migration.”

“Second, DHS OIG’s allegation regarding DHS’s cooperation with its investigation is neither correct nor new. To contrary, DHS OIG has previously alleged that its employees were not granted appropriate and timely access to materials due to attorney review,” Guglielmi said.

“DHS has repeatedly and publicly debunked this allegation, including in response to OIG’s last two semi-annual reports to Congress. It is unclear why OIG is raising this issue again.”

Cuffari, nominated by Trump in 2019 and confirmed by the Senate, has faced significant criticism since he took over the office.

His first-year audits plummeted to historic lows, he clashed with Immigration and Customs Enforcement over the veracity of an inspection of a detention center, and he blocked investigations into the Secret Service’s handling of protests in Lafayette Square following the murder of George Floyd and the spread of the coronavirus in the agency’s ranks, documents show…….

According to two people briefed on the documents request, the Secret Service began a long preplanned, agencywide replacement of staff telephones to improve communication across the agency in January 2021.

It wasn’t until sometime in February 2021 that Cuffari’s office requested that the Secret Service produce records that centered on Jan. 6 and the days leading up to the attack on the Capitol, seeking internal agency communications, memorandums, emails and telephonic records such as text messages.

By the time of the request, the people said, as many as a third of Secret Service personnel had been given new cellphones.
Most of the replacement program began with staff members in Washington offices, and if they did not back up their old text messages, the people said, the information from Jan. 6 and the days before that is lost.

That could conceivably include the texts sent and received by former White House deputy chief of staff Tony Ornato and former Trump security detail leader Bobby Engel and other senior leaders in the Secret Service…..,,

This ignoring subpoenas needs to stop
    ==============================

Too many Republicans have adopted the stance that testifying before the House Jan. 6 select committee — even with a formal subpoena — is somehow optional.

The public has yet to hear from a list of relevant individuals, including former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, former Trump social media aide Dan Scavino, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and any of the 10 members of Congress who attended a White House meeting on Dec. 21 to pressure then-Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the election.

Meanwhile, Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) is fighting a subpoena from Georgia prosecutors to testify about his contact with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger after the election. And let’s not forget that Pence himself — the intended target of the mob on Jan. 6 — has yet to testify about former president Donald Trump’s pressure campaign.

Private citizens would not get away with this conduct. If the committee subpoenaed them, they would be compelled to appear. It would do great damage to the rule of law if the rich and powerful avoid obligations to testify.

Only Trump associate Stephen K. Bannon and former Trump adviser Peter Navarro face contempt charges, meaning the others might get away with snubbing Congress.

If and when the Justice Department, with which the Jan. 6 committee is now sharing information, turns its focus on Trump’s coup plot, it may wield grand jury subpoenas.

At that point, witnesses will have to choose whether to comply, fight on spurious privilege grounds, take the Fifth or strike a plea deal. If flipping witnesses is key to snaring Trump, witnesses will need to be convinced a plea deal is their best option.

In the meantime, the absence of testimony from key witnesses leaves the public in the dark about a number of critical facts relating to the coup attempt. For example:

• What was the full extent of Trump’s involvement in the phony elector scheme?

As Norm Eisen, who served as co-counsel for the House Judiciary Committee during Trump’s first impeachment, told me, “We know he personally pressured state officials.”

This was made clear in testimony from Arizona House Speaker Russell “Rusty” Bowers (R) and Republican National Committee Chair Ronna Romney McDaniel, who said Trump called her to enlist the help of the RNC in seeking fake electors from states.

But we don’t know much else about Trump’s direct efforts to install alternate electors. Meadows surely could shed light on Trump’s state of mind and corrupt conduct.

• Why did Graham call Raffensperger?

Did Trump or Meadows enlist him to put pressure on the Georgia official? Or did Graham call him on his own? The picture won’t be complete until every Trump surrogate’s contact with state officials is uncovered…..

More on this
    ==========
    ……Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Thursday that the agency did not maliciously delete text messages following a request.

“In fact, the Secret Service has been fully cooperating with the OIG in every respect – whether it be interviews, documents, emails, or texts,” he said.

“First, in January 2021, before any inspection was opened by OIG on this subject, USSS began to reset its mobile phones to factory settings as part of a pre-planned, three-month system migration. In that process, data resident on some phones was lost,” he said.

“DHS OIG requested electronic communications for the first time on Feb. 26, 2021, after the migration was well under way. The Secret Service notified DHS OIG of the loss of certain phones’ data, but confirmed to OIG that none of the texts it was seeking had been lost in the migration.”

“Second, DHS OIG’s allegation regarding DHS’s cooperation with its investigation is neither correct nor new. To contrary, DHS OIG has previously alleged that its employees were not granted appropriate and timely access to materials due to attorney review,” Guglielmi said.

“DHS has repeatedly and publicly debunked this allegation, including in response to OIG’s last two semi-annual reports to Congress. It is unclear why OIG is raising this issue again.”

Cuffari, nominated by Trump in 2019 and confirmed by the Senate, has faced significant criticism since he took over the office.

His first-year audits plummeted to historic lows, he clashed with Immigration and Customs Enforcement over the veracity of an inspection of a detention center, and he blocked investigations into the Secret Service’s handling of protests in Lafayette Square following the murder of George Floyd and the spread of the coronavirus in the agency’s ranks, documents show…….

According to two people briefed on the documents request, the Secret Service began a long preplanned, agencywide replacement of staff telephones to improve communication across the agency in January 2021.

It wasn’t until sometime in February 2021 that Cuffari’s office requested that the Secret Service produce records that centered on Jan. 6 and the days leading up to the attack on the Capitol, seeking internal agency communications, memorandums, emails and telephonic records such as text messages.

By the time of the request, the people said, as many as a third of Secret Service personnel had been given new cellphones.
Most of the replacement program began with staff members in Washington offices, and if they did not back up their old text messages, the people said, the information from Jan. 6 and the days before that is lost.

That could conceivably include the texts sent and received by former White House deputy chief of staff Tony Ornato and former Trump security detail leader Bobby Engel and other senior leaders in the Secret Service…..,,

It still doesn't make sense. All of the texts on government devices should be subject to public records laws and they can't just begin deleting that shirt.

Last edited:
    Of course they are...

I'm pretty comfortable speaking pretty freely on here but I cannot - I think, without risking being banned - fully express my disdain towards the current state of the Republican party and most of the elected officials who make it up.. because it's just so thoroughly profane and I have forking NOTHING nice to say.

And I'm like legitimately in the middle. That's how bad it is.

Of course they are...

I find it absolutely hilarious that the group who has refused to comply with any subpoenas is now telling the group that subpoenaed them..."Hey, hang on to all of your documents, because if we get a majority, we are coming after you." I think the Jan 6 committee should say, "The second you guys get a majority, every single document we have gets shredded on national TV.

I'm pretty comfortable speaking pretty freely on here but I cannot - I think, without risking being banned - fully express my disdain towards the current state of the Republican party and most of the elected officials who make it up.. because it's just so thoroughly profane and I have forking NOTHING nice to say.

And I'm like legitimately in the middle. That's how bad it is.

I've been reading, some seemingly strong indications, that if they hold a majority they'll impeach Biden. And quite honestly I wouldn't be shocked if they did

they admitted that they would, and I’m pretty sure they also said it doesn’t matter what for

To outsiders the US political situation seems completely absurd! Why would anyone vote for politicians who will behave like spoiled 5 year old kindergarden bullies ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom