House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

i heard Kinzinger talking about his decision to break with Trump a long time ago, right after he made the decision. I have nothing but respect for him. He knew it would cost him his position, he knew he would be ostracized by the party. He said (paraphrasing) that he looked at it the way some guys look at combat. Just go in knowing you’re already dead, and do what has to be done. I’ve never forgotten that.

Former President Donald Trump's allies and supporters paid the legal fees for multiple people who had provided testimony to the January 6 committee, including the former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, The New York Times reported.

Hutchinson eventually fired the lawyer who was paid for by a pro-Trump group, and went on to provide damning testimony about Trump, the report said.

Two sources familiar with the committee told The Times that they believe Hutchinson's decision to part ways with the lawyer — who had been recommended by Trump allies and paid for by a pro-Trump PAC — likely played a role in her decision to provide new evidence.

Her previous attorney was Stefan Passantino, who worked as an ethics lawyer for the Trump White House, Reuters reported. Hutchinson provided the testimony about Trump's actions in taped interviews behind closed doors and on Tuesday in stunning testimony to the committee after hiring a new lawyer, Jody Hunt..........

Former President Donald Trump's allies and supporters paid the legal fees for multiple people who had provided testimony to the January 6 committee, including the former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, The New York Times reported.

Hutchinson eventually fired the lawyer who was paid for by a pro-Trump group, and went on to provide damning testimony about Trump, the report said.

Two sources familiar with the committee told The Times that they believe Hutchinson's decision to part ways with the lawyer — who had been recommended by Trump allies and paid for by a pro-Trump PAC — likely played a role in her decision to provide new evidence.

Her previous attorney was Stefan Passantino, who worked as an ethics lawyer for the Trump White House, Reuters reported. Hutchinson provided the testimony about Trump's actions in taped interviews behind closed doors and on Tuesday in stunning testimony to the committee after hiring a new lawyer, Jody Hunt..........

The Trump WH had an ethics lawyer? Irony, yeah.

Guess this can go here
    ============
    ATLANTA — The Fulton County grand jury investigating Donald Trump’s potential criminal interference in the 2020 presidential election subpoenaed several close advisers to the former president Tuesday, including Sen. Lindsey O. Graham and Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post.

The subpoenas, which were approved July 5 by the judge presiding over the grand jury, summon senior members of Trump’s legal team, including Giuliani and legal advisers Kenneth Chesebro, John Eastman, Jenna Ellis and Cleta Mitchell, all of whom have knowledge of Trump’s attempts to tamper with the election process in battleground states such as Georgia, according to the documents……

Guess this can go here
    ============
    ATLANTA — The Fulton County grand jury investigating Donald Trump’s potential criminal interference in the 2020 presidential election subpoenaed several close advisers to the former president Tuesday, including Sen. Lindsey O. Graham and Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post.

The subpoenas, which were approved July 5 by the judge presiding over the grand jury, summon senior members of Trump’s legal team, including Giuliani and legal advisers Kenneth Chesebro, John Eastman, Jenna Ellis and Cleta Mitchell, all of whom have knowledge of Trump’s attempts to tamper with the election process in battleground states such as Georgia, according to the documents……

Let's see who ignores these subpoenas. This isn't Congress they're messing with.

I hope they try to track down these people and charge them

My first thought, those were not idle threats…I hope these folks are exposed….just like the total garbage that most of their political platform has turned into….

I doubt he does that. I'm sure he will try to claim executive privilege on some stuff, but that may not fly either.
    If I'm not confusing him with someone else, he did seem to be one of the only people in the White House Counsel's office who was always telling Trump no and that things he was trying to do were illegal.

That was him, wasn't it?

If I'm not confusing him with someone else, he did seem to be one of the only people in the White House Counsel's office who was always telling Trump no and that things he was trying to do were illegal.

That was him, wasn't it?
    I'm not condoning everything Cipollone has done, but pretty sure you're thinking of the right guy. The point being, it would appear he had the smarts and foresight to keep his nose clean such that he could, in theory, provide very damning testimony about J6 without pleading the 5th or implicating himself.

I'd love to see Graham ignore it and a warrant issued for his arrest in DC and SC.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Senator Lindsey Graham will not comply with a subpoena issued by a grand jury in Georgia investigating former U.S. President Donald Trump's alleged attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election, attorneys for the lawmaker said on Wednesday.

"Senator Graham plans to go to court, challenge the subpoena, and expects to prevail," attorneys Bart Daniel and Matt Austin said in a statement made on behalf of Graham.........

I don’t see how Graham can prevail, according to what I have been reading on line. That article doesn’t discuss his basis for refusal, but I did read it has been confirmed he’s not a subject of the investigation. In essence it’s a crappy move that indicates he thinks he’s above the law, no shocker there.

"Any information from an interview or deposition with Senator Graham would immediately be shared with the January 6 Committee," they said.

Well if he has nothing to hide he shouldn't be worried about that, should he ? :hmm:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom