/* */

General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    Creepy weird is really the best way to describe a lot of the stuff they say and do, though. Like this:

…. When taken under the context of cult action manipulation, it becomes ridiculous, over the top, patheticly sinister. 🤔

…. When taken under the context of cult action manipulation, it becomes ridiculous, over the top, patheticly sinister. 🤔
    Do you recognize any cultural ties to this image? I’m stuck, but I’m more science than literature. What is the context? A knight with a huge bunny?

Do you recognize any cultural ties to this image? I’m stuck, but I’m more science than literature. What is the context? A knight with a huge bunny?
    Definitely in the realm of fairy tales with a strong and noble Knight caring for the meek. If not such a threat, this would be hilarious, but related to Donny, it’s enough to give me an urge to puke. Trump and his ilk spend a lot of time projecting what they aren’t on themselves, and projecting what they are on their adversaries. 🤔

I don’t care for weird either too soft, “destructive” and “self destructive” are more appropriate. 🤔

The funny thing is the "weird" label is sticking better than anything else has... the Trump cultists and Trump himself hate it. They'd rather be called evil, or a dictator or anything else - but weird seems to pierce the veil better than anything else.

It will have a short shelf life though. I would like to see Harris to run on economic issues - -talk about how manufacturing has flourished under Biden/Harris when it shrank under Trump. Talk about low unemployment, growing wages, correcting infrastructure issues, etc. Go right after Trump on his economic record. He squandered a good Obama economy with tax cuts, increasing debt massively leaving us with fewer tools to deal with emergencies like Covid.

The funny thing is the "weird" label is sticking better than anything else has... the Trump cultists and Trump himself hate it. They'd rather be called evil, or a dictator or anything else - but weird seems to pierce the veil better than anything else.

It will have a short shelf life though. I would like to see Harris to run on economic issues - -talk about how manufacturing has flourished under Biden/Harris when it shrank under Trump. Talk about low unemployment, growing wages, correcting infrastructure issues, etc. Go right after Trump on his economic record. He squandered a good Obama economy with tax cuts, increasing debt massively leaving us with fewer tools to deal with emergencies like Covid.

“Weird” is getting a reaction because it contradicts the myth they cling to that they are the mainstream and cuts right at their fragile feelings of superiority.

I saw a comment elsewhere making the point that a description like “dangerous”, even though it’s true, evokes power. Powerful is how they perceive themselves and how they want to be seen.

You are right that the Harris campaign will have to run on the strength of their policies and a better vision for people and our future, but I hope the acknowledgment of how pathetic and weird conservatism has become can exist alongside of that, for as long as possible. It resonates because I think a growing number of people are genuinely tired of Trump and MAGA. After eight years, the movement hasn’t evolved and hasn’t established clear, meaningful policies. It’s just an exhausting display of bizarre sycophantic behavior and needlessly hurtful beliefs.

meh so so- water levels were down. only got into a handful- rainbows in the few hours out. But its always nice to get out on the water up there. They are pushing heat records daily- yesterday it got to 98 in Denver, around 94 were i was. And being a mile or so closer to sun, with 10% humidity is a different animal lol. So water levels are much lower/warmer this season making finding the fish bit more difficult.

My next trip up im going to head into Wyoming for some fly fishing. I only started fly fishing a year ago, but im hooked ( lol )

but yesterday afternoon ( after about 12 noon ) all the interest/talk etc was about the Alexander Mountain Fire - just west of Loveland. so lots of locals were quite spooked after the Boulder fire few years back. ( kinda like us with Hurricanes )

Smoke plume from fire... DIA looking NW

I've been addicted to fly fishing since I moved to MD (from NOLA) in 1989.....I love it all, but particularly dry fly fishing for trout out West (we typically stay in the Bitterroot watershed).....had a cabin on a trout stream in PA for years.....spring creeks there are great....but the West just has so much more trout water (and less folks).....if you have the time you can save a lot of money tying your own flies, it's also a lot of fun.....

1722369973018.png

Trump was out polling Biden by 4pts on average in PA, but worst there were zero polls since July 8th that Biden was even or better. Harris has pulled this back to likely -1 or even. Four points is a massive swing before the DNC.

I've never seen a political party repeat the same message/soundbite until it reached critical mass. Never, ever have I seen that.
    Weak deflection attempt. You forgot to mention the media parroting the Harris talking points. You are so clever.

Are you embarrassed that the media that you trust to tell you what to think about Ukraine is an arm of the Democrat party?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom