General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (11 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
Do people argue that Trump isn't a wannabe authoratrian? The argument I've heard is "he said insane stuff in the past, and he did none of it." A lot of conseratives are banking on him being lazy and playing golf for 4 years.
That also dovetails into another comment I hear often, which is some variation of "but he wasn't a fascist in his first term." They assume a second term would simply be a repeat of the first one.

With that said, no one thinks of 1932 Hitler when the comparison is made.
So I don't mean to jump in, but this is wildly inaccurate.

Who are these people stating Trump is showing comparisons to the Final Solution? What geopolitical moves are people equating to invading Western Europe? There aren't any comparisons to the Final Solution - yet. That's the point.

From where I am sitting, everyone is making comparisons to the 1930's; like the very ones you yourself pointed out.

He had about 1/3 of the population at most. Made nationalistic speeches "othering" minority groups of people. Blamed government for the ills of society. Employed organized thugs at a distance for intimidation and suppressing opposing opinions. Consistent political appeasement as to not upset the very volatile followers. Lost an election but rhetoric continued to climb in jingoistic and dangerous tone as well as a deepening of loyalist support. He even has his Goebbels (Musk) and Mengele (RFKjr) now.

You know, Hitler in the 1930's.

So again, other than yourself, please show me people who are equating Hitler in 1945 to Trump now?

Because it seems pretty clear to me which era people are talking about.

This is an interesting tool - it gives you numbers of online donors and total value of donations for the presidential campaigns by zip code. It doesn’t include PACs or other donation methods but it’s still interesting.

I was pleased to see that my zip code shows 65% more Harris donors than Trump with 50% more value. My zip code is suburban, 89% white and median age of 40. Votes aren’t done by zip, I think the precincts aren’t contiguous with the zip, but I think my zip was probably 50/50 in 2020 and skewed Trump in 2016. I haven’t tried to see if I can find donor data for 2020 to draw correlations but this data makes me happy that I’m not as minority as I thought. Most (not all) my my social circle are anti-trump but not many are active Harris supporters that I know of. Or maybe we just don’t talk much about it.

But otherwise I’m in a suburban South Carolina zip that it’s a blue county but pink locally and plenty of trucks with Trump stickers.

Last edited:
This is something I heard a long time ago, and gad forgotten. Johnson will hopefully not be Speaker when it comes time to count the Electoral Votes, because it’s after the new House is convened. However, Johnson can refuse to seat new members of the House as Speaker and I don’t doubt for a minute that he would try something like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom