General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
Women have been getting preferential treatment for the last few decades to diversify the workforce.
Says the person who has never been a woman in the workforce. You don't hesitate at all to say whatever you think as if it's objective fact. I've been in positions of upper management as well as a consultant to hundreds of micro businesses going all the way back to 1999. I'm here to tell you you are flat out wrong, sir.

DEI has lead to better treatment and more opportunities in the workplace, but men by and far still get preferential treatment over everyone, especially white men. If a woman got something you wanted in the workforce, it's because she was either equally qualified to you or better qualified. If that did happen, odds are she was more qualified than you, because if you were equally qualified you would have most likely gotten it over her.

If it did happen, it's highly likely she is getting paid less than if they had given it to you. One of the reasons women are get more opportunities is because companies are still paying women less for equivalent qualifications and productivity.

I think that is why many men are attracted to the Republican Party which is opposed to DEI.
Now I have a better understanding and a fuller picture of your values and views. A lot of the pieces of the puzzle have fallen into place now.

Last edited:
These polls are not on the up and up, IMO. For what reason would they change the urban-rural-suburban splits?

This illustrates what I keep pointing out. There is no place in the scientific method for conclusions based on assumptions. Every poll makes assumptions to get their conclusions. Polls are not scientific or objective fact. They are educated speculation and the level of the education from poll to poll varies from "ignorant as a fence post" to "based on what happened under similar circumstances."

I'm done trying to talk sense into this group.
You're not just talking sense, as in rational sense, but you mistakenly think you are only being rational and sensible.

People are actually talking rational sense to you, but because it's not the agreement and validation you want to hear from them, you see them as not making sense.

This is not a hard concept. You will never formulate a plan to win over a demographic if they are all simply misogynist.
You are obviously having a hard time understanding that no one is saying "they are all simply misogynist."

You can try to figure out the structual issues driving this change...
This is why I don't put much stock into what you say. You state definitively that there are "structural issues" supported by "alarming stats."

I ask you to name 3 of them specifically, so we can talk specifics and you choose not to talk specifics.

It's like you cry wolf. I ask you to show me the wolf, so we can talk about what to do about it. Then you reply, "I'm not going to show you the wolf, but I'm right that there's a wolf that no one is doing anything about."

If Trump wins this will be one of the biggest post-mortem talking points, and discussions. It can be tabled until then.
You very much seem to be more concerned about being able to say "I told you all so" than you are worried about Trump winning.

If you guys can't comprehend this concept. It's not my fault. This isn't hard or complex.
Dunning–Kruger effect incarnate. "It's not my fault you guys aren't smart enough to understand what I'm saying."

Everyone else understands what you've been saying. The problem is that you can't or refuse to understand what anyone else is saying to you, unless they parrot back to you in agreement.

Last edited:
I don't think you're saying they are conmen just because they are Muslim and Arabic, but it can easily be interpreted that way. Just a heads up.
I said it because they are clergy who are messing in politics at a more than personal interest level. That earns them a label of conmen from me. I don't like it when clergy run for office, any office.

So you are correct in your assessment that I was not speaking of Muslims, or semitic people of which I am.

The other day there was a guy in the supermarket who when asked how he was doing, would say, "awful, they're eating the dogs, they're eating the cats."

It's Silly:

7112f857e488773cf08a733456e5e76f.jpg
The joke's going straight over my head. Please explain the joke, because I really don't like missing out on a joke.

Last edited:
The jokes going straight over my head. Please explain the joke, because I really don't like missing out on a joke.
I didn't say it was a joke, I said it was silly.

It's the dog equivalent of an overweight human on a bathroom scale saying it must be my shoes.

I hadn’t thought about this angle for his “time issues”. I noticed he didn’t seem to realize how long ago Oprah had closed her show, and he seemed to “catch” himself a bit halfway through the word salad. He also repeatedly says he beat Obama, or implies that Obama is president. Could be the same issue. Obviously I cannot diagnose anything, but his dad did have full blown Alzheimer’s. Anyway, he’s lying about being on one of her last shows. The last time he was on was months and months before the end of her show.

I hadn’t thought about this angle for his “time issues”. I noticed he didn’t seem to realize how long ago Oprah had closed her show, and he seemed to “catch” himself a bit halfway through the word salad. He also repeatedly says he beat Obama, or implies that Obama is president. Could be the same issue. Obviously I cannot diagnose anything, but his dad did have full blown Alzheimer’s. Anyway, he’s lying about being on one of her last shows. The last time he was on was months and months before the end of her show.

I watched the entire podcast and I don't think he meant or implied her show was just recently cancelled. He did (incorrectly) state that he was on one of her last shows to be aired. That has been debunked as he was on about a month before she called it quits. But in Trump's world, if you say it enough times, it becomes factual.

There's been a bigger spike in girls committing suicide than there has been with boys. In fact, the rate for girls have almost caught up with the rate for boys, who have historically committed suicide at much higher rates than girls. Yet again, the boys don't have it any worse than the girls. Mental health workers say the rise in misogynistic treatment of girls is one of the reasons they are committing suicide at a higher rate, so there's that.
I don't have any hard data, but the increase in girls suicide rate has everything to do with social media.

I'm arguing with the same group I argued with that Biden needed to step down.

I'm done trying to talk sense into this group.

This is not a hard concept. You will never formulate a plan to win over a demographic if they are all simply misogynist. You can try to figure out the structual issues driving this change, or just chalk all it up women hating.

If Trump wins this will be one of the biggest post-mortem talking points, and discussions. It can be tabled until then.

If you guys can't comprehend this concept. It's not my fault. This isn't hard or complex.
This is silly. Multiple polls are showing this over, and over again. You can wait until after election day and see how the demographics shake out.

There is a reason the Trump camapgin is targetting this group. They clearly have seen internal polling themslves that points to this.

This isn't a made up psyop.
I agree with J-Donk here.

And if you look at the Trump campaign, that's exactly who they are targeting. Trump can care less about widening his appeal to make gains....he's doubling down on his core. Trump wants every white man in the country to get off the couch and vote for him.

CNN) — Republican vice presidential nominee JD Vance insisted that Donald Trump’s attacks on “the enemy within” were not directed at Democratic Party leaders but dissenting Americans he described as “far-left lunatics” poised to riot if the former president wins in November.

Grilled by CNN’s Jake Tapper on Trump’s use of the loaded phrase, Vance defended his ticket mate, saying the former president would not unleash the military on “Americans writ large.”

“He’s said publicly that he wants to use the military to go after the enemy within, which is the American people,” Tapper said in an interview that aired Sunday on “State of the Union.”

“He did not say that, Jake,” the Ohio senator responded. “He said that he was going to send the military after the American people? Show me the quote where he said that.”

Trump earlier this month initially suggested the use of military force on Election Day to handle the “enemy from within,” referring to potential chaos sown by “radical-left lunatics.”

Then, in a Fox News interview, Trump referred to California Rep. Adam Schiff and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi as “an enemy from within.”

Most recently, appearing on a podcast with Joe Rogan on Friday, Trump said “the enemy within” – Americans with differing politics – pose a greater threat to the US than nuclear-armed North Korean leader Kim Jong Un……

There is a reason Trump is targeting white men, sure. He doesn’t have any other demographic he can count on. ABC polling that just came out shows this. It has Harris up 4 nationally, similar to Biden in 2020. Trump has lost a measure of support he had in 2020 from nearly every demographic, with the exception of young voters. I have seen other polls indicating that between 10-15% of registered Rs plan to vote for Harris. If it’s even 7-8% there’s no way Trump wins, and Harris wins comfortably.

The young voters crosstab decrease for Harris compared to Biden could be partly Palestine, could be partly the malaise Donk talks about among young men. But the majority of that age group still goes for Harris.

I don’t see Trump winning, tbh. (I admit to feeling concerned from time to time, PTSD from 2016 I suppose).
IMG_1586.jpeg

If this is real, I did not see this coming, lol.

I think Blank’s businesses are fairly immune to Trump’s plans, so he doesn’t have to fear speaking the truth. Plus he also has an incentive to support Harris. First, Harris’ policies are far better for US businesses than Trump’s, which will benefit him indirectly. Second, Harris’ housing subsidies will be a boon for home building supply stores like Home Depot, which benefits him directly. Good for Blank!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom