General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (11 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
Free buttons and my collar starched? How bout you fools that voted for biden?
What's a collar?

I've voted for Biden four times. I get mostly free health care. Old folks tend to need mostly free healthcare.

You're an old folk, do you need mostly free healthcare?

This guy is just a delusional buffoon and he believes his supporters are just as delusional as him.

From the cheers of his audience, they are proving him right!

Lol, you fools are fed by the lying media and apparently you know so much that just ain't so! The media fed fools you are is laughable!
Where I live there are no TV stations to feed me media. Imagine life without media.

:)

Do you have TV media in your parts of Texas?

More post fallout, wonder if Bezos regrets the decision to squash the endorsement
=======================

Journalists Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, best known for their reporting on the Watergate scandal, have slammed the Washington Post for its refusal to endorse a 2024 presidential candidate.

The legendary journalists issued a statement on Friday, according to CNN's Brian Stelter.

"We respect the traditional independence of the editorial page, but this decision 11 days out from the 2024 presidential election ignores the Washington Post's own overwhelming reportorial evidence on the threat Donald Trump poses to democracy," the men wrote.

"Under Jeff Bezos’s ownership, the Washington Post’s news operation has used its abundant resources to rigorously investigate the danger and damage a second Trump presidency could cause to the future of American democracy and that makes this decision even more surprising and disappointing, especially this late in the electoral process."

Woodward and Bernstein were working for the Washington Post when they reported on Watergate.

They're the latest to voice their displeasure with the Post for refusing to pick between Harris and Trump………

Actually, polling and voting turnout suggest that people have switched and continue to switch from voting for Trump to voting for Harris.

I know you give more weight to your beliefs and opinions over actual data, so no worries.
Condescending as usual. I don’t believe you have data that shows people have switched from Trump to Harris in the last month. Harris may have picked up some Trump voters that thought Biden was too old, but by NOW, people that have DECIDED to vote for Trump will not change for practically anything. They’ve seen all the horrible, and still plan to vote for him. Only undecideds are reachable. The people that you’re referring to changed long ago. You don’t have data that disproves that.

Literally cannot tell the truth about anything
=======================
Donald Trump has been mocked for claiming 29,000 supporters flocked to see him work the fryer at McDonald’s during his campaign stunt last weekend.

“We had 29,000 people surrounding it. We weren’t sure if we were able to get out,” Trump boasted at a rally in Las Vegas on Thursday night.

While large crowds of people did line the surrounding streets of the McDonald’s in Feasterville-Trevose, Bucks County, to get a glimpse of the former president at the fast food joint on October 20, social media users were quick to point out that Trump’s numbers appear to be inflated.

Several people pointed out the small population of the town itself.

“For context around this obvious lie, that McDonald’s is in Feasterville-Trevose, PA which has a total population of 24,657,” one person said on X……

The guy who resigned from WaPo - is it Kagan? - tells the Daily Beast that Bezos’ decision was a straight up quid pro quo with Trump. Once the announcement was made, Trump agreed to meet with the space people from Bezos’ company.

It’s the Daily Beast, so who knows for sure. But they say Kagan is convinced it was a deal made between Trump and Bezos.

I will agree in part that it isn't necessarily misogyny. However, for many men, they use this as an excuse. Women have experienced similar issues in education, workforce, etc. In some instances it's worse. Men, in many instances, feel entitled to certain things. And I have zero problems calling out my fellow brothers who do so.
Women have been getting preferential treatment for the last few decades to diversify the workforce. I think that is why many men are attracted to the Republican Party which is opposed to DEI.

You sound like a bitter old man right now. She is VP, not president. Biden has done a lot to repair the US relations with most of the world. Israel is run by a man who is actively trying to elect Trump, so any loss in America’s influence with Israel is due to Trump’s influence. He said today he talks to Bibi nearly every day (but he’s a huge liar so who knows) and that he tells him to ignore Biden. Trump is the candidate (the un-American fascist candidate) your party put forward.

That you are blaming Biden for it speaks to your lack of knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of this situation.
It's desperation on their part. They can't come in here and talk any shirt about Harris that isn't also true and infinitely worse for Trump. Instead, they desperately stretch credibility and rational thinking to pounce on any criticism they think can only be applied to Harris. Like you pointed out, even with the Israel-Iran situation Trump has done and will continue to do more harm on that issue than Harris.

Desperation makes people say and do desperate things.

In all honesty, this is a problem I've been thinking about a lot over the last few years -- it's the nature of truth, and does one derive knowledge in today's world. We've always been subject to data that's been pre-filtered by the various news sources -- it's just that there are now so many different filters and it's way more apparent now -- and it results in people living in completely different information bubbles (or misinformation bubbles in many cases).

So, what's a good way of determining accurate relevant information? And how do we as a society come to a decent agreement on what is true and relevant? Ie, some information that is true, but not particularly relevant, is often pushed ad nauseum.
Philosophers have been pondering the concept of knowledge since the dawn of man. The only true thing we know is that if we think, then we exist in some way. We can't even trust our own sensory observations, because hallucinations seem just as real as what we call reality.

To me, the best way to determine information is likely to be accurate is to get information verified by multiple sources that have diverse and/or opposed interests who all have a history of providing credible information. I don't trust any source that never admits when they made a mistake, because they all make mistakes, intentionally or not. I never take the word of anyone or any institution that I know will never admit when they made a mistake. That tells me that being "right" or building a specific narrative is a higher priority to them than being accurate. I ain't got no time for that.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom