General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    I think if the Democrats want to win this running away, they need to start hammering home how they're better for the economy. Sure, pound Trump for how terrible he is... but it baffles me that the Republicans have such a big margin on the economy, when by the numbers that isn't true. And I think the reason is that's been part of the Republican messaging for a really long time, but the Democrats should attack that directly. It's the most important issue for everyone -- yes, they care about racism, and honesty, and NATO, and bodily autonomy and so on... but more than anything, they care about their own economic security. So that should be the biggest messaging from the Democrats.

On this election point out how Trump inherited a strong economy and then job creation slowed down, the deficit exploded, and then he effed up the Covid response and we had 6 million jobs lost. Hammer over and over again, how bad 2020 was, the last year Trump was in office and how Biden/Harris cleaned it up.

Every day there should be ads running on how bad Trump was for the economy and how good Harris will be.
    This is the time to start touting the current economy and they have just started doing it. I agree with them waiting until now.

Did you hear Seth joke to Obama that if his hair got any whiter, the Tea Party would endorse it? Following that up by joking, "in 19 years I'll probably get an angry letter from Ginni Thomas." Seth was paying attention all the way back then.

Sure did ( the Ginni quip )

pretty astounding foreshadowing. lol.

Republicans in 2022 suffered a second straight disappointing election — and a second straight drubbing in mail and absentee voting. So some of their leaders began to push harder for the party to embrace these methods.

Then-House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) compared the GOP’s pre-Election Day vote deficit to “starting a race where you’re 30 yards behind.” Then-Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel made similar comments. Republicans have since made a concerted effort to convince their voters to vote early.

But it’s always been a tougher sell than it should be, what with Donald Trump frequently deriding these same voting methods as being prone to fraud.

Well, the early evidence is in the 2024 election. And Republicans don’t appear to be heeding the calls of the party’s better mail-voting angels.

As early and mail voting have begun in some states, new polls show Republicans still aren’t planning to embrace these methods. In fact, the partisan gaps look a lot like they did in both 2020 and 2022.

A Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday showed just 14 percent of Republicans planned to vote by mail or absentee ballot, compared with 34 percent of Democrats.

And surveys from NBC News and YouGov this month each showed 17 percent of Republicans planned to vote by mail, compared with 34 percent and 43 percent of Democrats, respectively.

1727361654771.png

All three polls show at least a 2-to-1 edge for Democrats in intent to vote by mail. Notably, the gaps (between 17 and 26 points) are similar to what we saw in 2020 and 2022 among voters who cast ballots for each party (26 points and 18 points, respectively, according to data from the Pew Research Center).............

This is the time to start touting the current economy and they have just started doing it. I agree with them waiting until now.

And they need to drive it home until election day. It won't sway everyone, but it should do a lot of good, especially if gas prices keep trending down.

Good article about the election and masculinity
    ===========================

………Masculinity and people’s views on gender roles may be more important than ever in 2024 – and not just because Harris is the first woman of color to ever secure a major-party nomination for president.

The 2022 overturning of Roe v Wade thrust women’s rights to the forefront of the election. Numerous identity-based groups, including White Dudes for Harris, have gathered to drum up enthusiasm.

An extreme gender gap has also yawned open among the youngest US voters: having come of age in the era of #MeToo, gen Z women are becoming the most progressive and politically active cohort ever measured – while gen Z men are increasingly apathetic to politics and drifting further to the right.

Conservatives are openly using anxiety around masculinity to win this election, telling men that their problems stem from not being man enough.

Josh Hawley, the influential Republican senator from Missouri, published a book called Manhood: The Masculine Virtues America Needs. The Fox News host Jesse Watters went even further……..

Trump has turned his campaign into a pitch for hyper-traditional masculinity. At this year’s Republican national convention, he walked on stage to the James Brown song It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World and was introduced by Dana White, the president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship who was caught slapping his wife on camera.

On the campaign trail, he has hammed it up with YouTubers and podcasters who have male-centric audiences and dim views of women.

With the general public and her opponent so preoccupied by masculinity, Harris is not emphasizing her pioneering nomination.

Rather, in order to win a contest that no woman has ever won, she’s trying to take advantage of stereotypes about men, women and leadership – and, when they can’t work in her favor, using them to kneecap Trump instead.

Masculinity, it turns out, may be the most partisan issue in US politics……

If you’re still not convinced, take the 2004 race between George W Bush and John Kerry, which hinged on the candidates’ supposed manhood to a startling degree. Bush sold himself as a down-home rancher who may have occasionally been “misunderestimated” but who you wanted to grab a beer with.

Kerry, meanwhile, was a Vietnam combat veteran with a deep understanding of policy.

This presented a problem for Bush: how could he be “the man’s man” when his opponent was part of the uber-masculine military?

“What they did was, they went and they attacked his service record, because that was his greatest political strength,” said Jackson Katz, author of the book Man Enough? Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and the Politics of Presidential Masculinity. An advocacy group, technically formed independent of Bush, dedicated itself to questioning Kerry’s record.

Katz continued of Kerry: “His attitude was like: ‘This is beneath me, to respond to these attacks.’ And it backfired. Because in the masculinity narrative, if you don’t defend your honor that’s being besmirched, you’re emasculated, you’re not strong.”

Kerry, of course, lost.

The architect of the attack to undermine Kerry is now working on Trump’s 2024 campaign, which is attempting to run the same playbook against Tim Walz. JD Vance, Trump’s running mate, has suggested that Walz left the national guard to avoid serving in the Iraq war.

In fact, Walz was in the national guard for 24 years and left to run for Congress several months before his unit was deployed to Iraq. Walz has defended his record – but Team Trump isn’t typically all that worried about the truth…….

When it comes to cosplaying masculinity, one of Trump’s greatest assets is his disinterest in reality. In other words: he’s good at making big, bold, often untrue statements, and people like that in a man.

“Trump promises, more than anybody else: ‘I’m going to do this.’ Oftentimes, in violation of what the president can actually do,” said the political scientist Dan Cassino, who studies male gender identity at Fairleigh Dickinson University.

“But he says he’s going to go in and fix a problem. ‘I’m going to do this on day one. Whatever Congress says doesn’t matter.’ That sort of agentic behavior is perceived as being very, very masculine.”

Republicans, especially, really like this kind of behavior in a man. This can partially be chalked up to demographics. Both men and older people, who are more likely to embrace traditional gender roles, are likelier to be Republicans. It can be explained by the nature of conservatism itself. Conservatives want to preserve tradition.……

There’s also another explanation: sexism.

“As researchers, we differentiate between hostile sexism and benevolent sexism. Hostile sexism is: ‘Women are terrible and it’s OK to beat your wife,’” Cassino said.

“Benevolent sexism is more like: ‘Oh, women are pure and precious, we have to protect them.’ That means keeping them out of things like politics, putting up separate spheres.”

Lilliana Mason, a Johns Hopkins University professor who studies partisan identity, measured people’s hostile sexism by asking whether they agreed with statements like: “Women seek to gain power by getting control over men.” Republicans, she found, were on average about twice as likely as Democrats to show signs of hostile sexism.

“The better predictor of being Republican is not gender, but sexism,” Mason said. “There are a lot of women who hold sexist attitudes and are pro-patriarchy and believe that women shouldn’t be in power.”…….

I checked and this was posted by the Criminal on his bogus maltruth site:

So it did come from the Criminal, the question which remains is, did it come from President Zelenskyy???

(That note doesn't appear to have been written by an educated diplomate from any country I know about. Oddly enough it does look similar in style to the prose the Criminal regularly mangals.)

*Note since I used an unusual word above I thought I would add this for an explanation:

"Mangrove forest: Also known as a mangal, this is a saline woodland or shrubland habitat that is made up of a tangle of roots from mangrove trees. Mangroves are well adapted to the anoxic sediments that their roots extend into. They thrive in tropical and subtropical coastal sediment habitats, and can be found in 118 countries worldwide.

Last edited:
    I checked and this was posted by the Criminal on his bogus maltruth site:

So it did come from the Criminal, the question which remains is, did it come from President Zelenskyy???

(That note doesn't appear to have been written by an educated diplomate from any country I know about. Oddly enough it does look similar in style to the prose the Criminal regularly mangals.)

*Note since I used an unusual word above I thought I would add this for an explanation:

"Mangrove forest: Also known as a mangal, this is a saline woodland or shrubland habitat that is made up of a tangle of roots from mangrove trees. Mangroves are well adapted to the anoxic sediments that their roots extend into. They thrive in tropical and subtropical coastal sediment habitats, and can be found in 118 countries worldwide.

What FM calls Trump "Dear Donald"?

It's totally paraphrased. And the second line gives it away "our latest phone call- it was really good".

That's totally Trump.

5bb577da2600002d0182aac8.jpeg

The hat Frances McDormand wore in Fargo

A Daily Beast link lurks below. One needs to know oddball things to be able to read those beastly articles. For this beastly article you will need to know what the hat Frances McDormand wore in Fargo looked like.

It's kind of like the hat they wear in this video of Soviet March

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom