General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (9 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    Remember how that Archie Bunker was?

Carroll O'Connor wasn't like Archie.
    well, Archie Bunker was over the top type with it. When watching, you knew they were potraying him as a bigot on purpose, so people saw how they sounded to others out loud.
    But in the Ranch it wasn't really brought up much. Just every now he would just throw a dig out there. now, he was trying to portray himself as super conservative, but there wasn't a lot of mention about politics or that kind of stuff.. thats why i thought that was him just throwing in his own stuff...

well, Archie Bunker was over the top type with it. When watching, you knew they were potraying him as a bigot on purpose, so people saw how they sounded to others out loud.
    But in the Ranch it wasn't really brought up much. Just every now he would just throw a dig out there. now, he was trying to portray himself as super conservative, but there wasn't a lot of mention about politics or that kind of stuff.. thats why i thought that was him just throwing in his own stuff...
    Archie wasn’t over the top.
    You go to rural Louisiana and Mississippi are some family members (that i don’t speak to) that are exactly like Archie.

Senator Mitt Romney is “seriously” concerned Donald Trump will target him and his family if he is re-elected in November, his biographer has revealed.

The Republican became the first senator to vote to convict a president of his own party during Trump’s first impeachment trial. Romney was asked by McKay Coppings, his biographer, whether he fears his family would be targeted by Trump if he beats Kamala Harris in the election given their history.

He initially said: “It’s hard for me to imagine that President Trump would take the time to go out and see if [he] can find something on members of my family.”

When pressed again about how his family could be affected, the senator responded: “I’ve got 25 grandkids! How am I going to protect 25 grandkids, two great-grandkids? I’ve got five sons, five daughters-in-law—it’s like, we’re a big group,” The Atlantic reports.……

Donald Trump’s former lawyer and “fixer” Michael Cohen has revealed he is working on getting a foreign passport and a totally new name as a back-up in case the former president soars to victory in November.

Cohen, who in 2018 pleaded guilty to lying to Congress, testified against the former presidentduring his hush money criminal trial back in May.

The disbarred lawyer’s testimony contributed to Trump being convicted on all 34 felony counts of falsifying business records over $130,000 hush money payments made to adult film star Stormy Daniels – through Cohen – in order to cover up an alleged affair. Trump continues to deny his involvement with the payments and that the affair took place.

Now, Cohen believes that he would be at the top of Trump’s retribution list if he defeats Vice President Kamala Harris in the presidential election……..

I'm really happy to hear this as I (and my wife) really like Sam Elliott....there have been a lot of (apparently fake) stuff of him supporting Trump (holding up pro Trump, anti Dem stuff) on FB.....good to know it's total BS.....We enjoyed the Ranch as well....

I believe he was a known liberal, like very liberal.....so were Jack Klugman and Tony Randall....
    Ed Asner was also very liberal. Klugmans character in the show Quincy M.E was also a liberal.

I think if the Democrats want to win this running away, they need to start hammering home how they're better for the economy. Sure, pound Trump for how terrible he is... but it baffles me that the Republicans have such a big margin on the economy, when by the numbers that isn't true. And I think the reason is that's been part of the Republican messaging for a really long time, but the Democrats should attack that directly. It's the most important issue for everyone -- yes, they care about racism, and honesty, and NATO, and bodily autonomy and so on... but more than anything, they care about their own economic security. So that should be the biggest messaging from the Democrats.

On this election point out how Trump inherited a strong economy and then job creation slowed down, the deficit exploded, and then he effed up the Covid response and we had 6 million jobs lost. Hammer over and over again, how bad 2020 was, the last year Trump was in office and how Biden/Harris cleaned it up.

Every day there should be ads running on how bad Trump was for the economy and how good Harris will be.

They can also talk about how Trump sabotaged the border bill to muddy the waters on immigration. But facts aren't on their side on that issue overall. They can weaken Trump on it b/c he's just terrible... but they were slow to react, so the messaging would have to be carefully crafted to show they are on a more popular track now without talking about being wrong in the beginning.

The facts ARE on their side for the economy though, and that's the most important issue.

I think if the Democrats want to win this running away, they need to start hammering home how they're better for the economy. Sure, pound Trump for how terrible he is... but it baffles me that the Republicans have such a big margin on the economy, when by the numbers that isn't true. And I think the reason is that's been part of the Republican messaging for a really long time, but the Democrats should attack that directly. It's the most important issue for everyone -- yes, they care about racism, and honesty, and NATO, and bodily autonomy and so on... but more than anything, they care about their own economic security. So that should be the biggest messaging from the Democrats.

On this election point out how Trump inherited a strong economy and then job creation slowed down, the deficit exploded, and then he effed up the Covid response and we had 6 million jobs lost. Hammer over and over again, how bad 2020 was, the last year Trump was in office and how Biden/Harris cleaned it up.

Every day there should be ads running on how bad Trump was for the economy and how good Harris will be.
    Mark Cuban was on Fox and MSNBC for sure today, maybe CNN as well, touting Harris’ economic plans and calling Trump’s tariff ideas out as terrible for the economy.

Yes, but it needs to be hammered in over and over, without ceasing until the election.

If people were confronted with the reality that he is not good for the economy, it would all fall apart for the GOP.

Is it possible Florida goes blue?

Well,,, it's remarkable, that poll is a Bullfinch Poll. I asked Google about that and it showed me this:

kamala-harris-michigan.webp

So maybe so.

Totally agree. He got eviscerated and didn't make a single sound or movement thru the entire Seth set on him. Wow.
    Did you hear Seth joke to Obama that if his hair got any whiter, the Tea Party would endorse it? Following that up by joking, "in 19 years I'll probably get an angry letter from Ginni Thomas." Seth was paying attention all the way back then.

It was bad writing on The Ranch that leaned heavily into superficial stereotypes for easy laughs. The writing staff was better at writing the more nuanced drama aspects of the show, than the comedy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom