General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    There’s a semisatirical theorem, known as Godwin’s Law, which posits that if any online discourse goes on long enough, it inevitably leads to a Hitler or Nazi comparison. No professional pundit wants to be guilty of tripping this law.

After all, equating a political figure with fascists sounds absurd. It’s just so over the top. It also might not win over any additional allies; people roll their eyes and tune out when they hear commentators or historians warn, yet again, about another big bad Great Dictator.

Problem is, Donald Trump seems intent on making the Hitler comparison happen.

In recent weeks, the Republican presidential nominee and his running mate, Sen. JD Vance (Ohio) have ramped up their baseless claims about violent invasions from impure foreigners, echoing “blood and soil”-style rhetoric deployed nearly a century ago.

At a rally this past weekend in North Carolina, Trump declared that “a vote for Kamala Harris means 40 or 50 million more illegal aliens will invade across our borders, stealing your money, stealing your jobs, stealing your life.”

Chillingly, he added that migrants were already “attacking villages and cities all throughout the Midwest.”

This followed earlier remarks in Arizona, in which he alleged that “young American girls” are “being raped and sodomized and murdered by savage criminal aliens.”………

The Head American Nazi- read and judge:
    Trump’s lynching and white vigilantism appeals are part of his strategy of eliminationist rhetoric about non-white migrants, immigrants, and 'illegal aliens' where he promises, like Hitler, to purify the blood of the nation by purging the human vermin," wrote DeVega. Moreover, Trump, by holding his rallies at the locations of former "sundown towns" that used a mix of laws and terroristic threats to exclude nonwhite people, he is sending a clear signal about his intentions.

I never really paid attention to Sam Elliott political views. never would i have guessed he supported Biden and now Harris .
    on the show the Ranch, he was very anti Obama. i know it was a tv show, but i thought he just used his pull to get those digs in there.. but i was wrong .
    but i love the commercial he did for The Lincoln Project.. i know that's gonna tick some people off .

Robert A.G. Monks, Ken Cole and Ted O’Meara are former chairs of the Maine Republican Party.

As former chairs of the Maine Republican Party, we enthusiastically endorse Kamala Harris for president of the United States.

We led our party at a time when candidates of both parties were not only civil and believed in the rule of law, but, we believe, had the best interests of the state and entire nation foremost in their hearts, even when we disagreed on policies.

We see these same positive characteristics are on full display in Vice President Harris and her candidacy. Sadly, they are completely lacking in her opponent, former President Donald Trump.

Never can we recall a candidate from either major political party whose sole mission seems to be to divide our nation, divide our communities and, often, divide families and friendships. Whether it is race, religion, gender, ethnicity or country of origin, Trump continues to pit us against each other in his frightening, cynical quest to get elected again.

In contrast, we have seen in Harris a collaborative and capable leader committed to bringing people together, and we believe her when she says that she is committed to being a president for all Americans, regardless of political party………

I never really paid attention to Sam Elliott political views. never would i have guessed he supported Biden and now Harris .
    on the show the Ranch, he was very anti Obama. i know it was a tv show, but i thought he just used his pull to get those digs in there.. but i was wrong .
    but i love the commercial he did for The Lincoln Project.. i know that's gonna tick some people off .
    Remember how that Archie Bunker was?

Carroll O'Connor wasn't like Archie.

Trump claims that he went on the Johnny Carson show in 2015. Says that Carson was forced to apologize for humanizing Trump six months ago. Demands that Carson returns.

The Johnny Carson show ended in 1992 and Carson died 19 years ago.

Trump isn't senile. He's a liar who is pretending to be senile to avoid standing trial.

That tweet has a critical inaccuracy in it. Trump was saying he went on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, which he did. He says all three of the current late night hosts are terrible and he wishes they would bring Johnny Carson back. Narcissists don't care about other people, so they don't keep track of whether or not someone not in their immediate circle is alive or dead. He's talked about dead people as if they are alive throughout his life.

I don't think he's pretending to be senile in that clip. I think his NPD is on full display.

The seven swing states that will decide the upcoming US election...
    I appreciate you posting this article pointing out how continue progress with clean energy and Inflation Reduction Act are at stake in this election.

Regarding the quote above from the article, seven swing states are going to decide the election just like if the only cookie I eat from the cookie jar is the last one, then I ate all the cookies in the cookie jar.

he is going after Kimmel. Not Carson.

Kimmel is destroying him on a nightly basis, therefore Trump says "his show is terrible " ( bring back Carson )
    I thought he was referring to his appearance on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon in 2016. When he says the current 3 are terrible, I'm confident he's referring to Kimmel, Colbert and Meyers. They've all been humiliating him for a long time. Seth Meyers teed off first.

This was from 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner and Meyers's entire speech was hilarious. By the way, this is political villain Trump's origin moment. This is the original humiliation that started Trump on his political vendetta. It's cued up to the point Meyers starts talking about Trump.

Watch it through the 16:30 mark to hear Meyers make a funny remark about someone who is currently relevant, that in retrospect was eerily ominous.

LOL 200% Tariff on John Deere if they mfg equipment in Mexico.

not 20- not 100- TWO HUNDRED. LOLOL. if the combine mfg cost is $100,000 - the retail price will now be $300,000

And over 50% of folks think this guy is economically smarter than Harris. There is a disconnect somewhere and it lies in "tribalism"

meanwhile, Elon/Tesla.....

The dude on Trump's left probably got whiplash from how quickly he swung his head around when Trump made that remark. I'm pretty sure that someone said to Trump "you have a call from John Deere" immediately after the panel concluded.

There’s a semisatirical theorem, known as Godwin’s Law, which posits that if any online discourse goes on long enough, it inevitably leads to a Hitler or Nazi comparison. No professional pundit wants to be guilty of tripping this law.

After all, equating a political figure with fascists sounds absurd. It’s just so over the top. It also might not win over any additional allies; people roll their eyes and tune out when they hear commentators or historians warn, yet again, about another big bad Great Dictator.

Problem is, Donald Trump seems intent on making the Hitler comparison happen.

In recent weeks, the Republican presidential nominee and his running mate, Sen. JD Vance (Ohio) have ramped up their baseless claims about violent invasions from impure foreigners, echoing “blood and soil”-style rhetoric deployed nearly a century ago.

At a rally this past weekend in North Carolina, Trump declared that “a vote for Kamala Harris means 40 or 50 million more illegal aliens will invade across our borders, stealing your money, stealing your jobs, stealing your life.”

Chillingly, he added that migrants were already “attacking villages and cities all throughout the Midwest.”

This followed earlier remarks in Arizona, in which he alleged that “young American girls” are “being raped and sodomized and murdered by savage criminal aliens.”………

I sincerely expect to hear Trump or Vance call immigrants by the Nazi dehumanizing derogatory "untermensch" which means under-man. The term under-man was coined by a prominent member of the KKK, Lothrop Stoddard, in 1922. One of his books was about how under-man invaders were destroying America. Sound familiar?

Stoddard inspired the Nazi's and HItler. They borrowed a lot of their funadmental beliefs and langauage from Stoddard. In additoin to inspiring the destructiveness of Nazi Germany, Stoddard also planted the seeds for The Great Replacement bullshirt.

I thought he was referring to his appearance on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon in 2016. When he says the current 3 are terrible, I'm confident he's referring to Kimmel, Colbert and Meyers. They've all been humiliating him for a long time. Seth Meyers teed off first.

This was from 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner and Meyers's entire speech was hilarious. By the way, this is political villain Trump's origin moment. This is the original humiliation that started Trump on his political vendetta. It's cued up to the point Meyers starts talking about Trump.

Watch it through the 16:30 mark to hear Meyers make a funny remark about someone who is currently relevant, that in retrospect was eerily ominous.

Totally agree. He got eviscerated and didn't make a single sound or movement thru the entire Seth set on him. Wow.

Of course he had to one up Vance on the eggs
    ===================

Former President Donald Trump shared an infographic on Truth Social claiming that various items are more expensive with Kamala Harris as vice president than they were during Trump’s time in the White House.

“The cost of Kamala” infographic alleges, without sharing any sources, that a cup of coffee is $9.99 “under Kamala” but was $6.99 “under Trump.”

A single salmon fillet was supposedly $4.99 when Trump was in charge while it’s now $9.99. Potatoes, meanwhile, are apparently up $2, the price of milk is claimed to have risen $1.50, ham is also up $2, chicken has allegedly gone from $1.99 to $2.98, cheese is another item that has gone up by $2, the same is supposedly the case for eggs, which the graphic states are up $2 to $4.99 from $1.99.

Meanwhile, Walmart is selling two pounds of salmon fillets for $10.48.

Trump’s post came after his running mate, Ohio Senator JD Vance, claimed eggs cost $4 while standing in front of a display selling a dozen for $2.99 at a grocery store in Reading, Pennsylvania. Vance visited the shop with his sons to show how “Kamala Harris’s policies” have impacted prices.

“Looking at the prices here, things are way too expensive and they’re way too expensive because of Kamala Harris’s policies,” Vance said.…….

Trump claims that he went on the Johnny Carson show in 2015. Says that Carson was forced to apologize for humanizing Trump six months ago. Demands that Carson returns.

The Johnny Carson show ended in 1992 and Carson died 19 years ago.

Trump isn't senile. He's a liar who is pretending to be senile to avoid standing trial.

If this is all accurate (not an accusation) there are several options that could explain Trump:
    • He’s a lying manipulator who thinks he brilliant and feels like enough of his audience are STUPID sheep that his lies in conjunction with his election lawlessness will make him Emperor.
    • He’s mentally ill living in a fantasy world of his creation, actually believing his lies.
    • He could be pretending to be senile to help him with the outcome of his felony trials.
    All of these options disqualify him as POTUS.

Our more substantial problem are the 30-40% of the country who have decided that democracy is not all it’s cracked up to be, who instead of voting for real progress, are voting for “ME” to take from “YOU” or to control YOU for my personal benefit, which requires flushing the standards upon which the Nation was founded upon, things like equality, level, playing fields, equal opportunity, civil liberties and real freedom that does not step on your neighbors, not the straight jacket MAGA has all ready for dissenters from their corrupt vision. 😳

I'm really happy to hear this as I (and my wife) really like Sam Elliott....there have been a lot of (apparently fake) stuff of him supporting Trump (holding up pro Trump, anti Dem stuff) on FB.....good to know it's total BS.....We enjoyed the Ranch as well....

My understanding is quite the opposite

I believe he was a known liberal, like very liberal.....so were Jack Klugman and Tony Randall....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom