General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    Along with Harris winning, we really, really need a Democratic Senate. O'Donnell effectively illustrates how stark the judiciary would be with a Republican Senate even with a Harris victory, much less a Trump one. Starting at the 10:00 min mark.

Donald Trump infamously said at the presidential debate he had the “concept of a plan” to replace Obamacare. As is often the case when Trump commits verbal self-harm, it fell to J.D. Vance to turn his car wreck of a statement into an intelligible position.

What Vance came up with is not only surprising but, if understand properly, far more damaging than Trump’s original statement. The Trump plan, according to Vance, is to permit insurance companies to discriminate against people with preexisting conditions.

Vance explained the Trump plan during an interview with NBC’s Kristen Welker: “He, of course, does have a plan for how to fix American health care, but a lot of it goes down, Kristen, to deregulating insurance markets, so that people can actually choose a plan that makes sense for them.”

Vance is advocating a partial or complete return to the system that existed before Obamacare. In that world, prior to 2014, it was very difficult to find affordable coverage unless you were on Medicare, Medicaid, or got insurance through your employer. There was a market for individual insurance, and it was possible to buy plans if you didn’t get coverage through a government plan or through work. But that market was dominated by “adverse selection” — the only way insurers could make money was to weed out any customers likely to need medical care.

Cheap plans could be sold to people who were young and healthy. Oftentimes, those plans denied coverage for any preexisting condition, or had hidden limits on the amount the insurer would have to pay, so if you got very sick, you would discover you faced ruinous costs not coverage by your insurance.............

Along with Harris winning, we really, really need a Democratic Senate. O'Donnell effectively illustrates how stark the judiciary would be with a Republican Senate even with a Harris victory, much less a Trump one. Starting at the 10:00 min mark.

posted in other races thread too

Trump tells Republicans to shut down Congress. Of course relying on STUPID as normal, they will try to say it’s Dems shutting down Congress because they won’t go along with any reasonable agreement. I believe this tactic will bite MAGA in the arse as not enough of us are STUPID. 🤔

I also find it interesting that the 1st assassination attempt led to a 100+ page thread here

The second? not even it's own separate thread

"We can't start a new thread every time someone goes after him!!"

That's what happens when all of the caustic rhetoric comes mostly from one side, Republicans. People like Scott demanding the Democrats need to lower the rhetoric can go pound sand. Tell that to your dear leaders and party first.

This assassination attempt amounts to a big "meh". The reported gun men didn't get off a shot and wasn't some leftest liberal loon. That's why it's not getting the traction Republicans want. Trump will be big mad.

Trump tells Republicans to shut down Congress. Of course relying on STUPID as normal, they will try to say it’s Dems shutting down Congress because they won’t go along with any reasonable agreement. I believe this tactic will bite MAGA in the arse as not enough of us are STUPID. 🤔

Haven’t the GOP gotten the blame every single time they pull this shutdown stunt?

The Trump Campaign screams don’t talk about our plans for the country, you are endangering our candidate! And oh btw, just you never mind when Donny spews incinerary comments about Harris 24-7, that’s his duty.😳
    Like this add that starts around 9 seconds in and ends half way through the video (can't find the TV version). I've seen an ad very similar to this one play in AZ a lot. but that one has a lot more gravitas to it than this.

Donald Trump said Vice President Kamala Harris' immigration policies are "killing" Black and Hispanic heritage as the candidates continue to spar over how to address one of voters' top issues in the presidential race.

The former president posted his attack in a statement to Truth Social Monday afternoon, saying that "illegal migrants who are pouring into our country" are "taking the jobs away from Black and Hispanic people who have held them for years."

"KAMALA IS KILLING BLACK AND HISPANIC HERITAGE, SHE IS KILLING THEIR LEGACY AND THEIR RIGHTS," Trump wrote in all caps. "REGISTER AND VOTE FOR YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE PRESIDENT, ME."

Trump has repeatedly tied Harris to the Biden administration's handling of migration at the southern border, a difficult issue for Democrats after crossings spiked earlier this year. However, last month U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) reported the lowest number of crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border in four years, partly because of President Joe Biden's asylum ban, an executive order signed in June.............

I also find it interesting that the 1st assassination attempt led to a 100+ page thread here

The second? not even it's own separate thread

"We can't start a new thread every time someone goes after him!!"

It was barely an attempt. Not worth talking much about really. The FBI arrested a man a month ago or so that was threatening to shoot Harris. He had guns and ammo ready to go. We didn’t discuss that at all IIRC, and that was just about as much of an attempt as this one.

I just saw this clip from the same town hall. He’s incoherent. He says he’s going to bring energy prices down by 50% within 12 months - doesn’t say how. Then he says if he does that then interest rates will fall - because he’s so good for the economy. A sentence or two later he acknowledges that interest rates will be decreased tomorrow by the Fed, but says they have to do it because the economy is so terrible right now. So which is it, Donny? Interest rates go down because of a good economy or they go down because of a terrible economy? It can’t be both can it?

Oh, and the question was about the high cost of groceries. He also rambled around to saying farmers are being “decimated” by the current economy. Presumably they will make more money when he makes groceries cheaper?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom